PDA

View Full Version : Bills and Browns contact St. Louis for 33

HAMMER
04-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Sirius just stated Buffalo and Cleveland are looking to move into St.Louis' 33 pick, for the Pickle or McCoy?

Michael82
04-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Please get Colt McCoy! :pray:

Forward_Lateral
God I hope not. I hope its for Cody if it's Buffalo.

RockStar36
It would have to be for a QB.

I still think Minnesota is a legit threat to take either one, so Buffalo can't sit back at 41 if they really want either guy, or at least Clausen.

Forward_Lateral
Please get Colt McCoy! :pray:

Mikey, you got Spiller, now be quiet. McCoy is garbage.

The King
04-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Do not let the F'n Browns beat you on this.

clumping platelets
04-23-2010, 11:12 AM
#41 and Lynch for #33 and a 7th

use the 7th to add Crayton

I see the plan :D

Michael82
04-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Mikey, you got Spiller, now be quiet. McCoy is garbage.
Fine...then let's get Jimmy Clausen! I would be happy with either one!

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2010, 11:14 AM
McCoy. Cody. Brown. Saffold. Even Clausen

Forward_Lateral
Why? They got their playmaker in Spiller, now get either the best available OT or NT. Anything otherwise is unacceptable, IMO. Claussen doesn't fit Buffalo's offensive plans, and neither does McCoy. A guy like Lefevour in round 3, however, does.

clumping platelets
:dizzy:

DraftBoy
04-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Don't trade up! Sit back and let the draft come to us, worst thing we can right now imo is be too aggressive.

I dont mind contacting a team but I dont want to lose valuable mid round picks.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Why? They got their playmaker in Spiller, now get either the best available OT or NT. Anything otherwise is unacceptable, IMO. Claussen doesn't fit Buffalo's offensive plans, and neither does McCoy. A guy like Lefevour in round 3, however, does.
Wait please explain how McCoy or Clausen doesn't fit the plan but Lefevour does???

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Don't trade up! Sit back and let the draft come to us, worst thing we can right now imo is be too aggressive.

I do agree with this unless they REALLY have a player rated high and it is their guy. Then they do what they have to and go get him.

The King
04-23-2010, 11:17 AM
The Bills actually have an edge in the dealings here since they want to move Lynch, Parrish and maybe even Mitchell.

Forward_Lateral
04-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Wait please explain how McCoy or Clausen doesn't fit the plan but Lefevour does???

Because Lefevour ran a spread offense in college and the other two didn't.

THATHURMANATOR
The Bills actually have an edge in the dealings here since they want to move Lynch, Parrish and maybe even Mitchell.
Why Would St Louis want any of those guys?

The King
I HATE THIS FORMAT FOR THE RECORD!

The Rams can play both teams until the sun goes down.

methos4ever
Conflicting Reports though - Schefter said we were in the Tebow Derby, but Buddy responds with no we weren't, and we were going for another guy. Two people at WGR have been on record that we don't want a qb in round 2.

I say let's just wait til 6 and see what happens!

The King
04-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Why Would St Louis want any of those guys?To trade or keep. They're frickin terrible.

THATHURMANATOR
Because Lefevour ran a spread offense in college and the other two didn't.
What??? That should be an indictment AGAINST getting him. Spread Offense QBs don't translate to the NFL. Gailey doesn't run a spread offense.

don137
Lynch would look good in a Rams uniform...Don't want to give up draft picks other than a swap of second rounders plus Lynch...Hope it is for Saffold but would be ok with Claussen/Mccoy

BillsMan80
Honestly, I would go for the top lineman here at 41 and sit and look for Jarrett Brown in the 3rd or 4th, a perfect fit for Gailey.

cpearl
Charles Brown.

Dr. Lecter

If they move up using a certain 'tarded back they lose no picks.

I tend to agree that there is a lot out there and they can wait, but if the cost is right go for it.

The King
04-23-2010, 11:20 AM
What??? That should be an indictment AGAINST getting him. Spread Offense QBs don't translate to the NFL. Gailey doesn't run a spread offense.I think FL just gets excited at the word spread.

THATHURMANATOR

I tend to agree that there is a lot out there and they can wait, but if the cost is right go for it.
Why would St Louis want Lynch?

HAMMER

I agree, I would hate to give up our third and whatever else it takes. There are so many players there that could help immediately. Someone is going to fall to us, Brown, Cody, Saffold, outside shot at Kindle.

THATHURMANATOR
I think FL just gets excited at the word spread.
Oh then Carry on FL...

Forward_Lateral
What??? That should be an indictment AGAINST getting him. Spread Offense QBs don't translate to the NFL. Gailey doesn't run a spread offense.

Thurm, Gailey runs a spread offense.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Thurm, Gailey runs a spread offense.
I don't believe this is true....

Forward_Lateral
Believe what you want, his offense is a version of the spread offense.

Dr. Lecter

Because I said so.

HAMMER
04-23-2010, 11:22 AM

It's pretty funny that people think teams are looking to pick up a guy who has been pretty mediocre and is a misstep away from a BIG suspension. They make it sound so easy.

psubills62
04-23-2010, 11:23 AM

I would actually think that Kyle Williams and/or Donte Whitner would be the guys they'd look to trade to St. Louis. Rams could use a DT and S. Parrish would be the other guy I'd look to send to St. Louis.

That being said, I agree with DB. Like I stated previously, the end of the first round went perfectly for us. DB's are flying off the board and all the trench players are falling further and further. The chances that a good talent falls to us at #41 are phenomenal.

THATHURMANATOR
Believe what you want, his offense is a version of the spread offense.
From what I gathered about Gailey is that he didn't have one set style and he tailors his offense around the talent on the team. I never heard that he ran a variation of the spread offense. Can someone clarify?

THATHURMANATOR
It's pretty funny that people think teams are looking to pick up a guy who has been pretty mediocre and is a misstep away from a BIG suspension. They make it sound so easy.
That and they have Stephen Freaking Jackson.

Forward_Lateral
04-23-2010, 11:24 AM
He ran the spread offense in Kansas City, the last place he coached before Buffalo.

Night Train
04-23-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm betting it's LT Charles Brown

DraftBoy
04-23-2010, 11:27 AM
By the way Jason La Canfora basically killed this rumor saying Bills are not inclined to move up at all. They like the mid round QB's more.

Michael82
04-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Maybe Buddy Nix is trying to scare some teams into trading up for both Clausen and McCoy, so then one of the top OTs or LBs fall to us at #41..... :scratch:

psubills62
04-23-2010, 11:28 AM
By the way Jason La Canfora basically killed this rumor saying Bills are not inclined to move up at all. They like the mid round QB's more.

Thank goodness. If La Canfora is correct, and the Bills don't take a QB in round 2, you have to think they're targeting Skelton in the 3rd.

DraftBoy
04-23-2010, 11:29 AM

Nobody wants his dumbass this early, maybe if a RB run happens and somebody gets left out we could move him on Day 3.

Michael82
04-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Thank goodness. If La Canfora is correct, and the Bills don't take a QB in round 2, you have to think they're targeting Skelton in the 3rd.
Or LeFevour.

DraftBoy
04-23-2010, 11:30 AM

Or later...guys like Crompton, Brown, Robinson and Kafka.

BillsMan80
04-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Jarrett Brown please...

Saratoga Slim
04-23-2010, 11:34 AM

If they don't see a lot of difference b/n the middle rounders like Lefeouver/Skelton and McCoy/Clausen, there sure as hell isn't any reason to go for the higher round guys. I.e.

a) you don't have to give up anything to get Lefeouver/Skelton and
b) you're not as tied to them financially or otherwise if they don't make it.

Thus, if there's not too much a difference, there's every reason to bet on the lower round guy even if he's a slightly higher risk.

Oaf
04-23-2010, 11:39 AM
We need two picks today. Any scenario where we get less than two players today is a failure to me.

Night Train
04-23-2010, 11:42 AM
We need two picks today. Any scenario where we get less than two players today is a failure to me.

It depends how critical they view the LT position. I'll leave that up to Nix. There are NT's out there well into Saturday.

malvado78
04-23-2010, 11:49 AM
From what I gathered about Gailey is that he didn't have one set style and he tailors his offense around the talent on the team. I never heard that he ran a variation of the spread offense. Can someone clarify?
Gailey has been know to tailor an offense for his personnel. Where people are getting "Gailey runs the spread" is when he was working in KC he put together a largely spread offense for Thigpen. This is what Thigpen was used to and he was fairly successful in running it if you ask me. I will ook for a lnk whne I get a chance but this is all from memory on 2+ years ago. Specifically around the time when Thigpen (a nobody) put up 5 multi TD games (as well as 3 multi INT games). I was impressed following him from a Fantasy perspective (we run with 2 starting QB's so anybody serviceable is of help).

I believe this had alot to do with Gailey being able to adjust his offense for the capabilities of his personnel.

FYI KC went 2-14...

We will see what he can do with our scrubs. :pray:

Edit: Here is an article:

Spread Changes Options for Chiefs (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=3717080)

As for the Chiefs, they literally stumbled upon the offense when they had to get Thigpen ready for his second start of the season. He had played so poorly in his first outing, subbing for an injured Brodie Croyle (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9671) and Damon Huard (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1398) -- he threw three interceptions in a 38-14 loss to the Atlanta Falcons (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=atl) -- that Edwards and offensive coordinator Chan Gailey had to brainstorm ways to calm him down. They realized Thigpen always played well in two-minute situations and he'd excelled in the spread as a senior at Coastal Carolina. Given the team's options, they figured it would be a good idea to put him back in that system.

But what has become quite apparent in watching Thigpen's play is that he's at his best when the defense is spread out. When he sits in the shotgun with all those multiple-receiver formations, he can see the field and recognize the blitz better. He's also able to use his mobility when plays break down and has the added confidence that comes with knowing that season-ending injuries to Croyle and Huard have made him the de facto starter.

ddaryl
04-23-2010, 11:52 AM

Maybe they aren't targetting anyone at all. This draft is piss weak for QB's and none of the QB's we draft would beat Edwards or Brohm in camp IMO...

Bring in a vet and make the move next year for a real franchise arm

EDS
04-23-2010, 11:52 AM
#41 and Lynch for #33 and a 7th

use the 7th to add Crayton

I see the plan :D

Except St. Louis has Steven Jackson.

psubills62
04-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Maybe they aren't targetting anyone at all. This draft is piss weak for QB's and none of the QB's we draft would beat Edwards or Brohm in camp IMO...

Bring in a vet and make the move next year for a real franchise arm

I wouldn't mind if they brought in a vet for a year or so. I do think they're going to target one of the QB's in this draft.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Gailey has been know to tailor an offense for his personnel. Where people are getting "Gailey runs the spread" is when he was working in KC he put together a largely spread offense for Thigpen. This is what Thigpen was used to and he was fairly successful in running it if you ask me. I will ook for a lnk whne I get a chance but this is all from memory on 2+ years ago. Specifically around the time when Thigpen (a nobody) put up 5 multi TD games (as well as 3 multi INT games). I was impressed following him from a Fantasy perspective (we run with 2 starting QB's so anybody serviceable is of help).

I believe this had alot to do with Gailey being able to adjust his offense for the capabilities of his personnel.

FYI KC went 2-14...

We will see what he can do with our scrubs. :pray:
So Gailey used a variation of the spread for a portion of 1 season.

Ron Burgundy
04-23-2010, 11:55 AM

Crompton in the sixth! And Perriloux as a priority free agent! Bring a brick to hit him with when he ****s up.

What's your feelings on a Mount Cody/Kyle Williams rotation at DT? We all know Terrence is gonna be lucky to play 60-70% of the snaps, but that he'll crush the running lanes when he is in there. Kyle's a scrapper and provides a smidgeon of pass rush from the NT position, hopefully.

malvado78
04-23-2010, 11:58 AM
So Gailey used a variation of the spread for a portion of 1 season.

Right I was not saying does or is going to use it. I was saying people are saying he is uses the Spread due to the time he spent in KC. I don't believe we know what he will use. I also believe assuming it will be a variation of the spread is plain wrong.

I think he will look at his personnel and plan around it.

Zero
04-23-2010, 12:21 PM
I think its a forgone conclusion that we get a QB now...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=5129354

ddaryl
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=191064

already posted my friend, and being discussed

Zero
Sorry...remove this thread...

psubills62
04-23-2010, 12:22 PM
La Canfora says this isn't true.

At this point, it's hard to know what to believe. I'd love to know who all these reporters are using as sources. If ESPN is using the Rams as their sole source, then it's probably obvious that the Rams are trying to raise the price for whoever is actually interested.

ddaryl
04-23-2010, 12:25 PM
the depth left on the board should allow the Bills to stay put and grab a good player at a position of need

Luisito23
04-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Because I said so.

WTF are you?

User Manuel
04-23-2010, 12:28 PM
I think Cody is the pick for the bills in round 2, but i wouldn't be totally shocked to see them make a play to move up for Golden Tate. If nothing else he would be another big play weapon.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Don't want another Josh Reed Type of WR.

dannyek71
04-23-2010, 12:30 PM
We are going to trade up and reach for a 7th rounder.

You watch.

methos4ever
04-23-2010, 12:31 PM
That and they have Stephen Freaking Jackson.
The confusion stems from him using the spread with Thigpen. He used that offense because Larry went down and he had a QB and running back that were used to it.

On the Steelers and Cowboys he ran a ton of things - most notably the traditional pro I set. So, pidgeonholing him because he adapted the offense for Tyler isn't advisable.

mysticsoto

Agreed 100%. If the Bills are going to build our team through the draft (like they claim and have shown since they haven't done a hell of alot in the offseason) then you need to do something with your draft picks and hit gold...not trade the picks away...

buffalobillsfan95
Don't want another Josh Reed Type of WR. because he's small doesn't mean that he will me bad. just look at steve smith

User Manuel
04-23-2010, 12:32 PM
He is far faster than Josh Reed and has great hands.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2010, 12:33 PM
because he's small doesn't mean that he will me bad. just look at steve smith
Is he a burner like Steve Smith?

mysticsoto
04-23-2010, 12:34 PM

I like Kafka...in the 5th maybe...

Ed
04-23-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't like the idea of trading up with so many good options falling to the 2nd round.

I'm only in favor of trading up if it involves a current player and we don't lose any picks.

psubills62
04-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Is he a burner like Steve Smith?

Tate is fast and can take over games. I can't remember who ND was playing, but there was one game where the gameplan on the final drive was throw it to Tate and let him take us down the field.

The guy could be a 10+ catches a game WR with very good speed. I'd love to have him...though I think I'd love to have an LT more.

Oaf
04-23-2010, 12:39 PM
It depends how critical they view the LT position. I'll leave that up to Nix. There are NT's out there well into Saturday.
Agreed. I don't know how truly CHIX values our current T's. However, I DO know we have one talent at OLB and no current legitimate starters.

HAMMER
04-23-2010, 12:41 PM
We are going to trade up and reach for a 7th rounder.

You watch.

Gimme a break with your constant negativity, why do you bother following the Bills if they make you so miserable?