PDA

View Full Version : are we not ok with just going with Brohm

trapezeus
04-23-2010, 12:01 PM
We traded for the guy, he's as green as a rookie, but has some nfl experience.

Why not develop the line with BPA on both sides of the ball and see if he's worth keeping?

Why do we need a QB that has flaws that need to be worked out? We already have 3 of those.

I'm cool with developing the core, and then getting a stud QB after our 3-13 campaign. at that point, we may truly be on pace to be real NFL team with playoff aspirations.

psubills62
04-23-2010, 12:03 PM
We didn't actually trade for him, just signed him off the Packers practice squad.

I believe either Nix or Gailey said previously that they're fine going into the season with Brohm as the starter (could be wrong on that). If they did say that, it could easily have been GM/coach speak but I think depending on what players fall to them during the draft, they might end up with Brohm as the starter.

Ron Burgundy
04-23-2010, 12:04 PM
NO. For a multitude of reasons which have been rehashed endlessly and which have never been fully explained by anybody who likes him.

The guy is not likely to beat out Ryan Fitzpatrick, let alone start for an NFL team. Not one person should be surprised in the least when he gets cut...again.

justasportsfan
none of our qb's were Gailey's boys. They'll get their chance to compete though .

ddaryl
One of the reasons why I beleive we won't go with a QB in this draft.

We will sign the vet stop gap to compete and help groom, and dump Fitz...

but more then likely we will be drafting top 1/2 in 2011, and like a broken record I will say lets make the big move in 2011 for the franchise arm

Night Train
04-23-2010, 12:05 PM
You'll know the answer come Saturday. I wouldn't mind seeing Brohm get a fair shot.

I wouldn't touch McCoy or Clausen.

YardRat
04-23-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm OK with Brohm, Edwards and Fitz being our only QB's immediately after the draft. I'd still be looking for a vet between then and training camp though.

Mahdi
04-23-2010, 12:06 PM
I like Brohm and the skill set he brings. I don't think it's enough though. I am honestly hoping we add a vet QB, draft a QB today, and release both Edwards and Fitz.

ddaryl
04-23-2010, 12:10 PM
I like Brohm and the skill set he brings. I don't think it's enough though. I am honestly hoping we add a vet QB, draft a QB today, and release both Edwards and Fitz.

This team is not releasing Edwards, and my money is on Gailey feeling he can get more out of him in his O.

I see no reason at all to draft a QB in this draft. Nothing looks any better then what we already have IMO, just projects.

I agree with signing a Vet and showing Fitz the door, Fitz has peaked, and plateaued.

A solid Vet Edwards and Brohm would make a for a decent competition in 2010..

and next years QB's will be deeper

justasportsfan
04-23-2010, 12:13 PM
I'd take Fitz away and see what Cortez can do with both Brohm and Trent.

Jeff1220
04-23-2010, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see no QB picked (until late at least) and Campbell added this weekend.

Mahdi
04-23-2010, 12:22 PM
This team is not releasing Edwards, and my money is on Gailey feeling he can get more out of him in his O.

I see no reason at all to draft a QB in this draft. Nothing looks any better then what we already have IMO, just projects.

I agree with signing a Vet and showing Fitz the door, Fitz has peaked, and plateaued.

A solid Vet Edwards and Brohm would make a for a decent competition in 2010..

and next years QB's will be deeper
Ha. Fitz had peaked and Edwards has room to grow? Fitz is only 1 year older than Trent and has shown wayyy more than Trent has. What makes you think Edwards has more skills than Fitz. Fitz can actually throw the ball beyond the first down marker. Fitz knows how to make a check at the LoS when his playmakers are 1 on 1.

FlyingDutchman
04-23-2010, 12:27 PM
I dont think we draft a QB, if we do watch out for Armanti Edwards from App state

ddaryl
04-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Ha. Fitz had peaked and Edwards has room to grow? Fitz is only 1 year older than Trent and has shown wayyy more than Trent has. What makes you think Edwards has more skills than Fitz. Fitz can actually throw the ball beyond the first down marker. Fitz knows how to make a check at the LoS when his playmakers are 1 on 1.

I watched Fitz. Don't see much more coming from him

Edwards has shown streaks of being very good, but the abuse he has endured behind the Bills OL has stunned him... Edwards also has a better arm for the out patterns.

I see more potential in Trent then Fitz... Just because Fitz was more willing to throw down field doesn't mean he has more potential. With Fitz I see a guy who is adjusting his game and compensating for his weaknesses. With Trent I see a guy who needs to overcome his weaknesses, which is something that is possible with an O guy like Gailey at the helm IMO.

I just don't see Fitz being much better then he was at the end of last season.

All i know is we need ot add a vet here, and I would be happier with A Vet Edwards and Brohm over a Vet Fitz and Brohm.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2010, 12:34 PM
I am willing to have 3 man QB competition. Best man wins.

ddaryl
04-23-2010, 12:35 PM
I am willing to have 3 man QB competition. Best man wins.

that's the way it should be this year in camp

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2010, 12:37 PM
that's the way it should be this year in camp
Yep or a 4 man if they draft another QB, which I am sure they probably will.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-23-2010, 12:38 PM
I watched Fitz. Don't see much more coming from him

Edwards has shown streaks of being very good, but the abuse he has endured behind the Bills OL has stunned him... Edwards also has a better arm for the out patterns.

I see more potential in Trent then Fitz... Just because Fitz was more willing to throw down field doesn't mean he has more potential. With Fitz I see a guy who is adjusting his game and compensating for his weaknesses. With Trent I see a guy who needs to overcome his weaknesses, which is something that is possible with an O guy like Gailey at the helm IMO.

I just don't see Fitz being much better then he was at the end of last season.

All i know is we need ot add a vet here, and I would be happier with A Vet Edwards and Brohm over a Vet Fitz and Brohm.

There is never a doubt that Edwards is the most talented one of the bunch. At least that's my scout agency friend told me. In fact, I was told Edwards can fetch a decent draft pick should Bills decide to put him on the market.

Prov401
04-23-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm hoping to trade for Cambell. He has improved every single season, and has the arm to be in Buffalo.

billz83
04-23-2010, 02:51 PM
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! enough with the GARBAGE BS SCRUBS! these clowns are NOT NFL QBz! they are absolutely TERRIBLE and NOTHING GOOD will come of any of the crappy 3 QBz we have starting! I wanted a veteran in Free agency but since the bills screwed that up id settle for Mccoy or maybe even clausen now and im not even HIGH on rookie QBz..most become busts! but even they are better choices then what we have now.

trapezeus
04-23-2010, 03:03 PM
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! enough with the GARBAGE BS SCRUBS! these clowns are NOT NFL QBz! they are absolutely TERRIBLE and NOTHING GOOD will come of any of the crappy 3 QBz we have starting! I wanted a veteran in Free agency but since the bills screwed that up id settle for Mccoy or maybe even clausen now and im not even HIGH on rookie QBz..most become busts! but even they are better choices then what we have now.

but the team as a whole is garbage bs scrubs...you fix the lines and defend the run and run well, it lets you pick from a better crop of QB's.

i think if a fan's expectation is to be a good to great team next year, then you want clausen or mccoy.

if you are a fan thinking, this year isn't going to be much different with the exception that we can prove we have competent coaching, and the young part of the roster is worth keeping, then you say, the bills have to follow a 2 year plan.

since i'm in that latter group, i'm cool running the ball a ton and getting the run OL working. i want them to gell and understand our system. it'd be nice to have a vet that we think we'll keepp as a qb for a 2-3 years and have him spearhead the team and groom the qb next year. then in year 3, we have the right mix of talent and dependability.