PDA

View Full Version : Spiller Thoughts...

User Manuel
04-23-2010, 12:26 PM
It is pretty well outlined that I didn't want Spiller at 9. Nothing against the guy, but it just seemed like a luxury pick ala Mcgahee, etc...

I have grown more comfortable with the pick as the draft progressed. The Bills still have shots at some legitimate big time talent, QB, DT and WR, so it is possible they come away with two "value" picks in round 1 and 2.

Right or wrong, Nix has shown guts and Spiller should instantly help the offense. Here is hoping that he can convert Marshawn and Donte into something usable and surprises us here.

My money in round 2 is on Terrance Cody.

As an ND guy I like Claussen, but I just don't see it happening.

Honestly, I think Nix knows we are going to be in position for Locker next year and would rather wait.

that is my two cents...

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2010, 12:27 PM
It is pretty well outlined that I didn't want Spiller at 9. Nothing against the guy, but it just seemed liek aluxury pick ala Mcgahee, etc...

I have grown more comfortable with the pick as the draft progressed. The Bills still have shots at some legitimate big time talent, QB, DT and WR, so it is possible they come away with two "value" picks in round 1 and 2.

Right or worng, Nix has shown guts and Spiller should instantly help the offense. Here is hoping that he can convert Marshawn and Donte into something usable and surprises us here.

My money in round 2 is on Terrance Cody.

As an ND guy I like Claussen, but I just don't see it happening.

Honestly, I think Nix knows we are going to be in position for Locker next year and would rather wait.

that is my two cents...

Here we go again with this "in position for Locker" busines... He isnt even the highest rated QB for next year.

User Manuel
04-23-2010, 12:28 PM
He will be.

zone
04-23-2010, 12:33 PM
If our GM or coach thinks we will be in a top draft position next year before the season even starts then why bother watching the games, it would be obvious they don't care about winning.

Sorry, I don't believe that one bit.

User Manuel
04-23-2010, 12:35 PM
A sign of a good GM just may be accepting reality and using forward thinking and a long term plan...... we suck, maybe, as opposed to Marv and Russ...he knows it and accepts it. If he does that our chances of suceeding are actually fairly good.

No matter what they do today it would be a small miracle if we win 7 games and a saint-making type miracle if we made the playoffs.

Oaf
04-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Pssh, Donahoe had guts.

Give me some GD brains for once..

ddaryl
04-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Here we go again with this "in position for Locker" busines... He isnt even the highest rated QB for next year.

but he would of been the #2 QB in this draft if he came out... Possibly the #1

Which then strengthens the notion that next years QB's is a much deeper class.

Locker also plays on a Washington team that is just now dragging itself out of cellar from the recruiting violations it had... SO Locker doesn't have the best supporting cast either.
But of course you are correct the QB pecking order will need 2010 season to sort out the who's who.... :bike:

User Manuel
04-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Lets say Locker isn't #1, I would feel better about a guy rated ahead of Locker next year before I would feel great about Claussen or McCoy. I like Claussen, the fit just doesn't seem right here.

ddaryl
04-23-2010, 12:45 PM
If our GM or coach thinks we will be in a top draft position next year before the season even starts then why bother watching the games, it would be obvious they don't care about winning.

Sorry, I don't believe that one bit.

What do you think??

We just switched coaches, and schemes. We don't have all the personell needed to run the 3-4 on D and we won't be filling all those holes this year

No matter what we do we will either have last years goup of QB or a huge project QB this year... OR a Vet stop gap until we can draft a QB in 2011

Our schedule is also pretty rough

Why bother watching the games you ask... Because I want to see where the team is improving, and where the team needs to improve. I want to see the team build some consisitency in runing the ball and stopping the run.. I want to see how the coaches make their game decisions... I want to see our OL start to look like a unit that can support a young QB

but most of all I want us to draft a real franchise potential QB, and that is not happening in this draft IMO. Any QB we do draft this year more then likely sits for a year anyways....

Next year will have a much better class of signal callers. Even if the Bilsl improve some they can make a big move next year for the arm.

zone
04-23-2010, 12:51 PM
What do you think??

We just switched coaches, and schemes. We don't have all the personell needed to run the 3-4 on D and we won't be filling all those holes this year

No matter what we do we will either have last years goup of QB or a huge project QB this year... OR a Vet stop gap until we can draft a QB in 2011

Our schedule is also pretty rough

Why bother watching the games you ask... Because I want to see where the team is improving, and where the team needs to improve. I want to see the team build some consisitency in runing the ball and stopping the run.. I want to see how the coaches make their game decisions... I want to see our OL start to look like a unit that can support a young QB

but most of all I want us to draft a real franchise potential QB, and that is not happening in this draft IMO. Any QB we do draft this year more then likely sits for a year anyways....

Next year will have a much better class of signal callers. Even if the Bilsl improve some they can make a big move next year for the arm.

There is no argument that next year has a better QB draft class, I want us to wait as well.

I was making the point that Buddy Nix is not sitting around saying you know what we are really going to suck this year so we will probably have one of the first couple picks in the draft. It's just not logical. He is not thinking about next years draft.