• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Not impressed on day two

Just not impressed in round 2 or 3.

Troup in round 2? round 2? Really? I saw 3 at best. But to draft him above Linval Joseph? and Terence Cody? No, I dont see that. Add in that they skipped out on McCoy, Clausen, and Charles Brown? Can he play, yes. Can he be good, probably. But it just didnt make enough sense to me.

Alex Carrington in round 3? Seriously? Everson Griffen is sitting there and you pass, McCoy, pass... and we take a guy we could take at least one round later.

Eeshh... not a huge fan on these picks.

• Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Not impressed on day two

Originally posted by X-Era

Troup in round 2? round 2? Really? I saw 3 at best. But to draft him above Linval Joseph? and Terence Cody? No, I dont see that. Add in that they skipped out on McCoy, Clausen, and Charles Brown? Can he play, yes. Can he be good, probably. But it just didnt make enough sense to me.

Alex Carrington in round 3? Seriously? Everson Griffen is sitting there and you pass, McCoy, pass... and we take a guy we could take at least one round later.

I'm with ya...not saying I'm right, but from what I've read on these guys, they were reaches. Doesn't mean they'll be bad players, but today didn't get me excited.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I like both of them. We needed help on the d-line also.

Run and stop the run, baby!
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
        !?!?!?!?!?
        • Mar 2006

Everson Griffen is beyond inconsistent so there is no way Nix would take him....we obviously have no interest in those QBs, btw Carrington is a 3-4 DE and Griffen is a 3-4 LB

Clearly our team had concerns about Cody and thought of Joseph as more of a 3-4 DE
        soooooo day 2 not too shabby after all

Comment

• djjimkelly
          • Apr 2003

funny while i think spiller will be a fine rb

im happier with these 2 picks then i am with day 1 so go figure

lets hope they all pan out

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

We had 1 guy who could play the defensive line in the 3-4 before today, now we have 3.

I'm more impressed by the picks today than what we did yesterday.

But that's just my opinion.

Comment

• Billsouth
              • Jul 2002

what do any of us know? did any of us go to the workouts, pro days and combine? have you watched any tape of all players? we all criticized the pick of jairus byrd and he ended up in the pro bowl. we loved the bledsoe trade and it sucked!

if you look at what the other experts say... carrington was rated right below misi who was drafted #10 in the first round. Troup is a stud with a great attitude.

More importantly, all of our 3 draft picks will get considerable playing time from day 1. have faith and at least let them step on the field before you ***** about them.
              "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

The DL was just as important as OL.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                  The DL was just as important as OL.
                  Agreed...I'm sure they know more then me, so I'll have to trust that these guys turnout to be good players.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

we weren't the only ones who passed on Clausen, McCoy, Brown etc. Other teams did.

In other words, fans don't see the same thing teams do.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Prov401
                      President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                      • Aug 2008

I doubt Troup would have lasted until our pick in the 3rd. It's obvious we wanted him, so we reached a little. I'm happy with the pick. He reminds me of a possible Vince Wilfork work horse. He's going to be asked to take on double teams each and every week, and to stuff the run.

Carrington is a 3-4 DE with a ton of QB pressures in his collegic career. I'm no homer, and if I was disappointed in our picks, I'd say so.

But we just drafted 3 starters. In the past 5 years, we would have drafted 3 projects.

Clausen=Project. McCoy=Project.

I truly believe Trent Edwards or Brian Brohm will have a better year than those two will have next year.

We finally have a GM who finds us starters. I'm happy about it.

Comment

• Griff
                        • Jul 2008

of course we picked Troup before those out of shape fat asses.

Comment

• New Ro's Greatest
                          • Sep 2008

Because you saw a Mock Draft with certain players in certain rounds has nothing to do with reality. Jermaine Cunningham from florida went in the 2nd and i saw mock drafts that had him in the 6th. GO BILLS

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by New Ro's Greatest
                            Because you saw a Mock Draft with certain players in certain rounds has nothing to do with reality. Jermaine Cunningham from florida went in the 2nd and i saw mock drafts that had him in the 6th. GO BILLS
                            I rank players based on what I see, not mock drafts.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

I rank players based on what I see, not mock drafts.

you and NFL teams don't see the same things which is why some of the players you thought would be drafted in the earlier were passed on by all 32 teams.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X