PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo looks ready to play good ole fashion football

Dying_-2-_Live
04-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Looks like Nix is stickin to his plan.
Look for the team to focus on Running the ball and stopping the run.
These are obviously the main priorities at this point

hemi13
04-23-2010, 08:33 PM
good ol fashion football with NO QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chewytie
04-23-2010, 08:36 PM
If were running the ball as much as it appears Nix wants to. We could put anybody with two hands under center.

BuffaloBeliever
04-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Now we just need to trade our fifth rounder for Jason Campbell and get a LT

Griff
04-23-2010, 08:42 PM

The Ravens won the Super Bowl with Dilfer.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Now that im looking at it...
Fix the defense first...
Build the offense next year

Guess it could work.. im just really impatient

JCBills
04-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Now that im looking at it...
Fix the defense first...
Build the offense next year

Guess it could work.. im just really impatient

That's all I wanted.....focus on the D considering we're changing schemes, LOLB is still staring us in the face as a massive need.

Philagape
04-23-2010, 11:08 PM

There would have been no QB this year no matter what.

jamze132
04-24-2010, 05:01 AM
The Ravens won the Super Bowl with Dilfer.
Wasn't it you who argued with me when I made the same point about Dilfer and the Ravens a couple of weeks ago?

Spiderweb
04-24-2010, 06:27 AM

So you're saying the Bills should have selected a QB, even if they were as little or no improvement over what we currently have on the roster? With as many needs as the Bills have, they could not afford to go QB just for the sake of a hope and a prayer.

I was hoping for Clausen in Round two, but Clausen clearly didn't impress Nix and Gailey as being the "guy", so they went for what they felt would best help build the team. After watching our "smaller" D-line get pushed around badly the past couple years (Jauron's curse), I like the Troup & Carrington picks. Couple them with the FA signing of Edwards, DL has been addressed for about as much as it could be for this year. We sorely needed to get bigger (and better). This should help considerably.

We had a lot of needs, and we had only 3 choices afforded us.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-24-2010, 09:46 AM
Three words: Eight man front.

That'll stop any one-dimensional running game. This team needs to be able to pass the ball.

THATHURMANATOR
04-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Gailey made Tyler Thigpen look good, and he sucked immediately when he left. I hope he can mold Edwards, and if not Fitz can hand off the ball as good as anyone.

Night Train
04-24-2010, 09:53 AM
I think it's more of a motion type Offense, since that's what Gailey likes. Spiller will be moved all over and I look for quick slants and swing passes to set up both the run and occasional deep post.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-24-2010, 09:53 AM
Gailey made Tyler Thigpen look good That's funny. When did Tyler Thigpen EVER look good?!

Griff
04-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Wasn't it you who argued with me when I made the same point about Dilfer and the Ravens a couple of weeks ago?

it certainly was not. I usually don't hang out in the billszone during the offseason.

Griff
04-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Three words: Eight man front.

That'll stop any one-dimensional running game. This team needs to be able to pass the ball.

and a rookie QB would be able to do that?

B-DON
04-24-2010, 11:15 AM
That's funny. When did Tyler Thigpen EVER look good?!

do you even watch football?