PDA

View Full Version : My thinking as to why no O-Line picks.

Prov401
04-23-2010, 08:44 PM
I believe we are going to run the ball down team's throats, BIG TIME.

My thinking is Nix and Gailey are comfortable with our O-Line when it comes to run blocking. This is the exact reason why I believe we keep Lynch. We have 3 very talented RB's, and we are going to use all of them in 2010. We are going to adopt the Jets 2009 scheme.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Brohm wins the QB battle too. We have our project QB already. Now were going to ask him to throw the ball 15 times a game, while we run it 65-70% of the time.

As some have stated, Nix has said building this team into a SB contender is a process. It isn't going to come in one draft. I'll tell you what...We've got 3 new starters. And I'm happy about it.

justasportsfan
04-23-2010, 08:46 PM
we also needed to start making the switch to 3-4 which require certain type of players. OL you don't need certain type of players.

tampabay25690
04-23-2010, 08:46 PM
IMO
The biggest problem on this team was our Defense we couldnt stop anyone last year.....
We addressed that so far

Al the Bills Fan
04-23-2010, 10:32 PM
IMO
The biggest problem on this team was our Defense we couldnt stop anyone last year.....
We addressed that so far

No doubt our defense was less than ideal BUT when the offense cannot convert on 3rd down the defense is gonna get tired quick...Our offense did our defense no favors.

JCBills
04-23-2010, 10:33 PM
I hope it's Brohm. You know what you get with Fitz, and Trent's head seems like it's toast.

Philagape
04-23-2010, 10:52 PM
This team needs solid starters in many places. Their high picks better be as close to sure things as possible. There is no margin of error for busts.
Nix obviously felt that no LT met that criteria at their spots. Yes, it's a crucial position, but that makes the sure-thing factor that much more important.

Their first three picks (as well as free agents) are meant to build a team that can run and stop the run. Football 101. Run blocking was not a weakness for this o-line. The Bills were eighth in the league in yards per carry.

In what will be at least a two-year rebuild no matter what, the Bills have chosen to focus on these aspects of the game this year. Some things have to wait no matter what, and the Bills chose to wait on serious upgrades to the passing game. So be it. It was going nowhere this year anyway.

PECKERWOOD
04-23-2010, 10:54 PM
This isn't the 1930's, you can't just run the ball 90% of the time and expect to win games.

TacklingDummy
04-23-2010, 10:54 PM
IMO
We addressed that so far
A lot of that had to do with the offense not being able to continue drives.
Spiller should help that.

mrbojanglezs
04-23-2010, 10:55 PM
i think a lot of our woes on offense were with our terrible system and coaching..........

JCBills
04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
This isn't the 1930's, you can't just run the ball 90% of the time and expect to win games.

Sure you can, look at the Jets.

PECKERWOOD
04-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Sure you can, look at the Jets.

They have a pro bowler at every position on their OL, yet they still didn't win the Superbowl.

mysticsoto
04-23-2010, 11:21 PM

You gotta be able to stop the run too. And that's what they aimed for. Not only that, but b'cse we already have a great secondary, the defense is now well balanced! I like what I see from the D. A lower rd OLB pick will finish that. Get your role players/backups now and next year, we'll hit the O hard with a franchise LT and QB!

sqad5
04-23-2010, 11:55 PM
A lot of that had to do with the offense not being able to continue drives.
Spiller should help that.
yes yes you are right my friend