PDA

View Full Version : Believe it or not, I'm sold on Troup

Oaf
04-23-2010, 11:26 PM
I could care less about Spiller's interview but this guy sounds like he fully understands that he's going to work the absolute hardest, and receive the absolute least, of the defensive unit.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Torell-Troup-Conference-Call/634931dd-c7e7-42be-b55b-c69e99e0c79d

Early or not, no doubting there was a fair run on DTs round 2 (i.e. look at the guy the Packers had to draft) and Troup likely would not of been there 32 picks later. If he's the guy we wanted, and I can see why, it seems like 41 was the time to get him (as opposed to packaging picks to move back up and assuming there was no offer good enough to trade down.

I'm expecting value-this, QB-that, and that's okay; I like this pick.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-23-2010, 11:30 PM
I wanted the fat **** Cody, but I can live with it!

Oaf
04-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Dude, that guy and Troup here are likely polar opposites in terms of attitude and 4th-quarter drive.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-23-2010, 11:37 PM
Dude, that guy and Troup here are likely polar opposites in terms of attitude and 4th-quarter drive.

Why was Cody rated higher by everyone? Also Cody faced better competition in school. Cody is a plugger in middle n lost some weight.

Dantheman1280
04-23-2010, 11:48 PM
I go to UCF, Troupe is a great person and his work ethic is great. He is not just feeding the media lines. I can't wait to see him on campus and congratulate him. We saw him at our spring game last weekend and I told him Buffalo was going to draft him. I was just joking at the time, but I am sure when his name was called he thought about our conversation.

Oaf
04-23-2010, 11:54 PM
Sports Illustrated draft guide doesn't interview players. They don't know the difference between Troup and Cody beyond higher and lower numbers on the college sheet. For someone like a 3-4 NT, work ethic and attitude is as important as pedigree.

psubills62
04-23-2010, 11:54 PM
Here's the kind of stuff I like to see: Troup, as a 2-gap 1-tech, anchored the UCF defense that ranked 4th in the nation against the run (2nd against the run if you want to go by average yards per run at 2.59).

UCF obviously didn't play in a dominant conference, but their schedule in 2009 did include Texas and Miami (Fla).

Troup is growing on me, though I don't know if I'll ever be truly happy that he was a 2nd round pick until he proves his worth on the field.