X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrGraves
    • Mar 2008

Whats happens to Chara?

He took a game misconduct at the end of the game... I believe that means he is out for next game? Does anyone know the rule?
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Whats happens to Chara?

nhl will say something like, "he didn't mean it." it will get reversed and we'll have to deal with it.

don't get your hopes up. if there is one thing to bank on, it's that collin campbell and the NHL crap in the collective mouths of Sabre fans.

Comment

• Electrici
      • May 2003

Yea, I read the NHL rule book that was on NHL.com.

It states "47.22 Fines and Suspensions – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - A player or goalkeeper who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime, shall automatically be suspended for one game. The Director of Hockey Operations will review every such incident and may rescind the suspension based on a number of criteria. The criteria for the review shall include, but not limited to, the score, previous incidents, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. This suspension shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more instigator penalties."

I see somehow, some way, it will be "rescinded" as they put it.

Taken from boxscore thanks to espn.com:

20:00 Zdeno Chara: 2 Minutes for Instigator Paul Gaustad
      20:00 Zdeno Chara: 10 Minute Game Misconduct Paul Gaustad

The first one is the one that matters, based on the Rule 47.22 But they can review, probably see it was provoked by Gaustad's slash, and "rescind" the suspension.

Who knows.. Gotta win in Boston.............

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Here's hoping he doesn't play!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

Obviously Gaustad gave him a little slash across the back of the legs to get him going. Nothing will happen as a result of this as it should be. I liked the grit the Sabres showed last night. I even saw Roy throw his body around and Pomminville has been chipping in with a check or two (though nothing awe inspiring). I still liked Torres's grit too. I think missing that open net in game 4 got him, but the Sabres have been missing passes and open shots all series.

I liked how Ruff said in the post game press conference that Roy has to take that open shot on the 3 on 2.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jan 2004

not going to say I told you so...but I told you so! he's a super and the NHL doesn't suspend their players that are super

Bruins told no suspension for Chara

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres wanted Boston Bruins captain Zdeno Chara suspended for Game 6 in Boston on Monday for an incident that occurred in the final seconds of Game 5 at HSBC Arena Friday night.

The NHL reviewed the situation, however, and informed the Bruins as they were en route back to Boston that there would be no suspenson, a team spokesman told ESPNBoston.com.

The incident happened just as the Sabres were about to celebrate their series-extending 4-1 victory over the Bruins, who now lead Buffalo three games to two. An all-out scrum broke out right in front of the Buffalo bench and Chara was in the middle of it. It was clear, however, that the Sabres' Paul Gaustad slashed Chara before he started throwing punches.

When the on-ice officials finally got things under control, Chara was given an instigator penalty, fighting major and a game misconduct. Teammate Miroslav Satan was handed a roughing penalty and a 10-minute misconduct. The Sabres' Ryan Miller was called for leaving the crease, Gaustad was given a slashing penalty, and Cody McCormick was given a roughing and 10-minute misconduct.
            Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 04-24-2010, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
              • Dec 2008

I have a feeling the next game could get very, very ugly.

Comment

• utmhead
                • Oct 2005

Sabs played a great game last night, all the credit in the world goes to them they wanted it More than the Bruin's. hopefully Monday will be a different outcome :)

Comment

• jesseInEA
                  • Jan 2010

I HOPE it gets really ugly. I hope we smack Toooooka around some more. I hope some re-breaks Chara's stupid nose. I hope Gerbe gives his nads a headbutt.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

why do they even bother coming up with these rules if they don't stick with them. the guy got the instigator.

but that nhl has a taxcode list of exceptions....if boston's checking line player made that penalty, he'd serve.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                      • Aug 2002

A star will not get suspended during a playoff game especially one against the Buffalo Sabres.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                        Closet Bills Fan
                        • Nov 2004

don't forget this little nugget of info.... get him to do it all over again on monday and here we get this:

Two instigator penalties during the Stanley Cup playoffs results in an automatic suspension.

j-e-t-s
                        jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• DrGraves
                          • Mar 2008

The league hates Buffalo.... they want Boston to win in hopes that they somehow would attract that large market and maybe someday get the game back on national TV

Comment

• SkateZilla
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=526887
                            NHL rescinds automatic suspension for Bruins' Chara
                            Saturday, 04.24.2010 / 10:55 AM / Sabres vs Bruins - 2010 Stanley Cup Conference Quarterfinals NHL.comTORONTO – The National Hockey League announced today that it has rescinded the automatic one-game suspension for Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara.

At the end of the third period, Chara was assessed a minor penalty for instigating, a major for fighting and a game misconduct under Rule 47.12, resulting in an automatic one game suspension, pending review.

The League has reviewed the incident and rescinded the automatic suspension under Rule 47.22, which states: "the suspension shall be served unless, upon review of the incident, the Director of Hockey Operations, at his discretion, deems the incident is not related to the score, previous incidents in the game or prior games, retaliatory in nature, ‘message sending,' etc."
                            THE NHL IS A JOKE:

The League has reviewed the incident and rescinded the automatic suspension under Rule 47.22, which states: "the suspension shall be served unless, upon review of the incident, the Director of Hockey Operations, at his discretion, deems the incident is not related to the score, previous incidents in the game or prior games, retaliatory in nature, ‘message sending,' etc."

IT WAS RELATED TO THE SCORE!, THEY ****ING LOST SO, WTF.
                            Last edited by SkateZilla; 04-24-2010, 02:24 PM.
                            Skate Zilla
                            -----------------------
                            Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                            SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• G Wolly
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by SkateZilla
                              IT WAS RELATED TO THE SCORE!, THEY ****ING LOST SO, WTF.
                              No, it was related to Chara being a ****ing goon, bully, P.O.S.

Comment

Working...
                              X