• Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Forked Thread: Bruce Campbell

Forked from: Bruce Campbell

Originally posted by Night Train
    Film doesn't lie.

Looks like Tarzan. Plays like Jane. He needs tons of coaching and may not be motivated.
    Doesn't look like he plays like Jane to me.[IMG]IMG]

[/IMG][/[/IMG]

Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 04-24-2010, 07:39 AM.
  • Ron Burgundy
    • Nov 2005

Re: Forked Thread: Bruce Campbell

That's because you're watching Youtube clips instead of games.

The guy started 17 total games and wasn't even all-conference in the ACC. He didn't even get one vote, for christ's sake.

I've got no problem with the guy as a developmental prospect due to his measurables, and he'd be fine in the 4th/5th round, but it's not like Orlando Pace is on a freefall here. There are plenty of questions about Campbell's ability and desire, and they're legitimate.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

Well... We are in the 4th round...

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by draz54
        Well... We are in the 4th round...
        There are still a few prospects on the board that I'd rank higher than Bruce Campbell. If we want Skelton, we'll probably have to get him this round.

I'm also curious to see if we're going to go for a wide receiver. Several decent prospects left there, too. A multitude of OLBs left and we have a need there, too. And the interior line needs depth...

We just have so many holes, it's hard to say anything has been a bad pick so far. Buffalo needs all these guys.

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

At this point, he's probably worth picking if he's available to us. But people need to realize that he will likely have a hard time in the NFL. He was used to overpowering opponents in college. He won't be able to do that in the NFL. Throwing college kids to the ground is something he won't be able to do in the NFL and that might have been the worry of many teams. Can he stick to an opponent and block them when he can't do his usual overhand/over the top right hand throw into the ground?

Mind you, I don't want to sound completely negative. He's got some skills. Which is why I say at this point, he's probably a good pick.

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

I doubt he falls to us.
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
              • Mar 2004

He's a grabber. Don't see much initial punch at all.

But, he's VERY fluid. Good feet. Crazy strong and long arms.

For a LT that's what you want. I take him in round 4 if he's there and don't think twice.

No, he can't start from day 1. But given time and coaching and he could be exceptionally good.

Comment

Working...
              X