PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards or Brohm

BuffaloBlakely14
04-24-2010, 08:30 AM
Alright just for the sake of talking about it.

Do we think that Trent could revert to the Trent we saw for a flash two seasons ago with the new coaching staff? Or can this staff get the most out of Brohm?

I was very much in favor of taking Jimmy so I am far from satisified with Edwards or Brohm. But I do have HOPE that maybe just maybe one of them can GET it in their 3rd or 4th season.

I know Trent doesn't have a gun by any stretch of the imagination but we have seen him throw pretty deep balls on occassion. Very rarely does he throw an ugly one actually, he just flat out doesn't throw them. But any chance the new staff can fix is checkdown mentality and fix his confidence. I mean if possible, it is much better to have a QB that has spent 3 years learning the NFL game and can finally put it together. Maybe it is worth giving them a shot with the new staff and some consistency hopefully.

I stress I am not being a HOMER, I am just purely HOPING that maybe just maybe our QB situation is better than we think.

Also I very very much want Crompton, Skelton, or Levi Brown in the 5th today.

I think taking Campbell (UMD), Selvish Capers (WVU), or Jason Fox (Miami) is definitely worth it in the 4th or 5th for the OL.

Thoughts???

Jan Reimers
04-24-2010, 08:34 AM
I'm not worried about Trent's arm. I'm worried about his psyche.

BuffaloBlakely14
04-24-2010, 08:35 AM
I'm not worried about Trent's arm. I'm worried about his psyche.

Totally agree. He has never been the same since the concussion against the Cardinals. Is he ever going to be able to come back from that. Remember him before that game that season. He was almost guaranteed to bring us back if we were losing that year. There were articles calling him the next great QB after 5 games that season.

BillsWin
04-24-2010, 08:48 AM
I have hope for Brohm. I know he has an up field battle, but he hasn't been given a true chance at a QB competition. I also believe he can snap out of his funk.

I have never been a fan of Trent. Even when he was on his game I thought that he was a glorified backup. I've never thought of him as our franchise savior. I had hope for him, but never belief in him.

I still hope we add another QB. But, yes. There is some hope that with a new regime, someone's light bulb flickers to life.

HAMMER
04-24-2010, 09:10 AM
I think teams give up on players too soon, especially at the QB position. I am very happy we did not go with an early round QB. Put the weapons around them and give them some protection, then let's see what they can do.

Don't Panic
04-24-2010, 09:11 AM
With this line, I think you guy Trent to start the year and give him a chance to show whether or not he can get it done with this coaching staff. If, after a half dozen games, he just isn't getting it, you can look to audition Brohm for the rest of the year. At worst, you'll know exactly what you have and what needs to be done with the QB situation come next offseason. Hopefully, the answer to that question is not much.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-24-2010, 09:16 AM
Edwards is damaged beyond repair.

However, I do think Brohm deserves a shot. They've been talking about this kid since high school and he lived up to the hype in college. I believe this guy has the capability to be starting caliber. It's time to see what he's got.

The problem is, without an LT, he'll get torn apart just like the rest of the quarterbacks in the trash heap. The Bills refuse to address that.