Lost of needs coming into the draft.

OT
QB
NT
DE
OLB
RB
WR

However you want to prioritize, your choice. But we came into the draft with pretty much this as our list of needs. Maybe C, and G if you think Hangman is subpar and doubt Wood. But no matter what order you satisfy this list, some are going to be taken in rounds 3-7. You can't get a 1st rounder for every need.

I think what we have done so far is transformed the demeanor and look of this team on both sides of the ball. And I think realistically we took guys mostly where they were the guy that could come in and either play or compete to play. Obviously there are some guys that we may have overlooked. But I think really really at the core of this, Nix and Whaley and Modrak, took the best player available and that could contribute at ONE of our needs when the pick came around. I am not sure they prioritized one need over the other. Looks like BPA at a need when we picked, and I personally think that is the right choice.

All things aside, Nix told you how he was going to do this, and what was important to him. Aside from Easley all these guys are pretty much seniors, team captains, and leaders who produced multiple years in college.

I have said this a couple of times now. WHY are you surprised. Nix told you exactly how this was going to go down from day 1. Just because you buried your head doesn't mean it wasn't going to happen. NOT A 1 YEAR JOB.

I am real happy with where we have gone since the end of the season.

TacklingDummy
04-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Free Agency can fill some holes also.

Ingtar33
04-24-2010, 11:47 AM
QB
OLB
OT

this is assuming the guys the Bills drafted can play.

BillsOwnAll
04-24-2010, 11:47 AM
BPA! Dont draft in the 6th round to fill holes lmao!

ddaryl
04-24-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm still worried about the LT position and I don't really have much faith in Wang, Meredith, and Bell to be able to hold down the fort as starters.

There were no OT that could in this draft after Staffold IMO, and even Bulaga was a questionable LT

YardRat
04-24-2010, 11:52 AM
OT-Green, Wang-Would love to see a trade w/New Orleans to finish.
QB-I'm OK for this season at QB, but a trade for Campbell or a late pick wouldn't hurt my feelings too much.
NT-Troup
DE-Carriker, Edwards.
OLB-Putting our faith in Maybin switching spots.
RB-Spiller.
WR-Easley.

The rest of the draft is more of a crapshoot than ever. RB, NT, and DE seems OK, but we could still use some work at WR, QB, OT and maybe OLB.

Throne Logic
04-24-2010, 11:53 AM
I don't think anyone considered RB a need coming into the draft unless Lynch was actually traded during the drafting process.

I'm excited about having a player like Spiller, but I just don't know if it was the best choice given the existing holes.

I will reserve final judgment until September. I just do not see Lynch, Jackson, and Spiller all splitting RB time. Either Lynch will be traded, despite current news, or Spiller will see very little time at RB. Perhaps Chan will put him everywhere but RB, including WR and all the return spots for this year.

Ingtar33
04-24-2010, 11:58 AM
I don't think anyone considered RB a need coming into the draft unless Lynch was actually traded during the drafting process.

If you check my mock drafts out, in all 3 of them, Running back is listed as a Bills need (granted not a big one)

This was mostly because when Fred Jackson is your best Running Back, you're not good enough in the backfield. (nothing against Fred Jackson, he runs well and hard, and you have to love his ability to find a seem... but he'll never turn a 2 yard run into a 20... he just is too slow)

I probably should have upgraded RB need to T2, when Lynch skipped the Optional workouts.