PDA

View Full Version : Is ESPN going to interview Chan Gailey?

BillsWin
04-24-2010, 01:31 PM
Probably not.

I'd love if they did though. I can't wait to hear him describe this new defense for himself.

To be honest, I would be surprised if we didn't finish the season with a top ten D. I know we're switching schemes and most of the defense will be playing new positions, but there is some talent with our new front.

Besides, our secondary, when healthy, is one of the best in the league.

Our offense may suck, but our defense is going to wreck some people.

Jeff1220
04-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Top ten is a bit overly optimistic, I'd say. Well, I'm a jaded Bills fan, so I still expect them to suck. But anything can happen, I suppose, and I hope they dominate.

BillsWin
04-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Top ten is a bit overly optimistic, I'd say. Well, I'm a jaded Bills fan, so I still expect them to suck. But anything can happen, I suppose, and I hope they dominate.

If Troup is good, and Maybin is a solid OLB then we have the talented Dwan Edwards and big guys with talent in Carrington and Moats.

Our defensive backfield can be studly.

I don't see why we can't be 10th in the league in total defense. Its not asking much.

BillsWin
04-24-2010, 01:49 PM
We were 19th last year with a God awful run defense and injuries across the board.

The Spaz
04-24-2010, 01:50 PM
I just hope George Edwards is a good D-Coordinator.

Novacane
04-24-2010, 03:28 PM
If Troup is good, and Maybin is a solid OLB then we have the talented Dwan Edwards and big guys with talent in Carrington and Moats.

Our defensive backfield can be studly.

I don't see why we can't be 10th in the league in total defense. Its not asking much.

It's asking a ton imo. Half the guys you list are rookies and Maybin is a huge question mark. Top 10 is very optimistic. We can't expect big contributions from all these picks. Not this season anyway. Maybe in a couple years we can be top 10 if a couple of these guys pan out.

mikemac2001
04-24-2010, 04:21 PM
It's asking a ton imo. Half the guys you list are rookies and Maybin is a huge question mark. Top 10 is very optimistic. We can't expect big contributions from all these picks. Not this season anyway. Maybe in a couple years we can be top 10 if a couple of these guys pan out.

i think we do have a chance yes we are converting D's but also have a very talented secondary and add some sort of RUN D i could see it.

id say we should be around 15 but 10 is a chance

more cowbell
04-24-2010, 05:28 PM
top 10????? lol

jimbledsoe
04-24-2010, 06:06 PM
top 10????? lol

AHHHH. I love draft day optomism. I am going to wait and see what we put on the field. I do believe we have had two very productive drafts in a row. I tend to believe Nix has alot to do with that.

Go Bills!!!!!

Throne Logic
04-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Well, if the offense, with our overstocked RB core, could take more than 2 minutes off the clock, the defense would have the opportunity to sit down between series...

It would also help keep the other team's total score down if they didn't have possession of the ball for 45 minutes.

YardRat
04-25-2010, 12:45 AM
I think our secondary is over-rated. We're going to be screaming for a CB and safety this time next year.

jamze132
04-25-2010, 01:09 AM
I think our secondary is over-rated. We're going to be screaming for a CB and safety this time next year.
I somewhat agree as I think Byrd is going to have a sophmore slump. Whitner is Whitner, McGee is getting old, and McKelvin needs to stay healthy. I still don't think our secondary will be all that bad though.

BertSquirtgum
04-25-2010, 01:12 AM
super bowl, here we come.

mysticsoto
04-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Apparently b'cse we didn't draft the way ESPN thinks we should have, they are going to stay away from the Bills.

Via rotoworld:

Coach Chan Gailey "all but confirmed" the Bills won't add another quarterback before training camp.
So the Bills have decided to punt the 2010 season? Interesting. Perhaps Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller can run a heavy Wildcat attack because we're gonna be sick if we have to watch Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick checking down for four quarters every week. Gailey will stage an open competition for the starting job, and the ultra-brittle Edwards has to be considered the heavy favorite. We're staying away from all Bills this year.