• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

mort just said

buddy nix likes brohm and only viewed bradford as an elite prospect

i know buddy was working for the bills last season does anyone know when that started.

and also maybe buddy was the one who plucked brohm from the packers practice squad.

ill remind everyone brohm was a 2nd rounder would have possibly been the top qb taken the year before(yes i know rodgers is a stud and 49ers should have grabbed him)

go brohm
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: mort just said

Saw that too. Looks like for at least this year they have their guy.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Buddo
      • Mar 2007

Nix returned to the Bills, about a year ago last February I think. It was certainly before last years draft, and is likely why it wasn't a bad one, after Jauron got his way with the first pick.

Comment

• tampabay25690
        • Feb 2004

Hey Im fine with that as long as they let Brohm run the 1st team and learn the offense.
        At least he can hand the ball off to 3 very capable backs....
        GO Gators!!!!!!
        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by djjimkelly

i know buddy was working for the bills last season does anyone know when that started.

and also maybe buddy was the one who plucked brohm from the packers practice squad.

ill remind everyone brohm was a 2nd rounder would have possibly been the top qb taken the year before(yes i know rodgers is a stud and 49ers should have grabbed him)

go brohm
          Nix was hired well before the draft last year. I think he played a role in that draft except the Maybin pick, that was Dicks pick. I agree with you, I also think he was responsable for the Brohm signing.

Comment

• CoolBreeze
            • Feb 2009

No doubt Brohm is going to be given every opportunity to start. He has the strongest arm, and the most talent among the 3 on the roster.

Comment

• gggbills
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by djjimkelly

go brohm
              You would not happen to know how his college stats compare to someone like Bradford or Jimmy C. do you?

Comment

• Mathja
                • Feb 2009

When a team takes a QB in the first or 2nd round, they pretty much are stuck with that guy for at least 3 years and it even might prevent that team from drafting a qb in the following year's draft.
                Perhaps Nix didn't want to clog up the QB position with a guy like Clausen who he might have liked, but not as a potential franchise QB. He might love Locker and/or Mallett and was setting planning a year in advance. Hey, the Yankees held onto prospects instead of trading for Johan Santana because they were already thinking about CC Sabathia for the following year.
                .....Or, maybe Buddy really like Brohm. Or just flat-out hated the QB options this year.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                  My IQ Test results came back negative
                  • Oct 2002

I remember when brohm was drafted. He was a big prospect. I dont know why people are so set on brohm sucking. He never got a chance yet.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
                    I remember when brohm was drafted. He was a big prospect. I dont know why people are so set on brohm sucking. He never got a chance yet.
                    Simple, he struggled in his first preseason with Green Bay, lost out to a late round pick and lost his confidence. That doesn't mean that he can't turn things around and have a good career, but that rough start is certainly enough to convince some fans he's going to suck forever.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

I've been on Brohm's bandwagon for a while. I also feel the same way about Jamon Meredith and feel that Buddy Nix felt that signing both of those guys off GB's practice squad was like an extra draft pick. I love the potential for both of them and hope Brohm can win the job.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Brohm was the first player snagged almost immediately after Jauron was canned, and I've always seen that as evidence that he was Nix's call, but Lecter has mentioned before that the deal might have been in the works before.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Have you ever asked yourself, as an armchair QB, why he hasn't gotten a chance yet?

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Typ0
                            Have you ever asked yourself, as an armchair QB, why he hasn't gotten a chance yet?
                            The fact Rodgers is a pretty good QB maybe?

Comment

• malvado78
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by YardRat
                              Brohm was the first player snagged almost immediately after Jauron was canned, and I've always seen that as evidence that he was Nix's call, but Lecter has mentioned before that the deal might have been in the works before.
                              I felt this as well.:brilliant:

Comment

Working...
                              X