Buffalogic
04-24-2010, 02:27 PM
There's the 4th qb on the roster.

Mahdi
Big, strong arm QB. Good pick.

WeAreArthurMoates
He is but I love this pick I wanted him the 5ht with my mock. Extremely quick release, pretty much a thigpen clone.

NOT THE DUDE...
strong arm qb project... good pick!

tampabay25690
04-24-2010, 02:28 PM
I agree will probably be 3rd guy at FITZ gets cut...

Saw the guy play a few times has great size and a pretty good arm and can move....

New Ro's Greatest
I'm feeling this pick! GO BILLS:cheers:

CoolBreeze
Over 6000 yds, 38 tds, and 62% completion percentage.. 2 yrs

BuffaloBlakely14
04-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Great pick in the seventh.

along with Skelton , the only project QB I wanted. Smart, strong arm and accurate. Questionable competition, but Troy does produce football players. Just maybe.

JPFBillsFan
HOLY *****...that's flippen awesome....only guy I wanted outside of Bradford...
Sounds like Brohm and him will compete to kick out TE & Fitz...

The Spaz
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q3pgLJdyBh0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q3pgLJdyBh0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Buddo
04-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Phew!
At last I can sleep again at nights, knowing we've got a QB in the draft!

BillsWin
Projected 4th-5th round. Slipped with the QB class. Everyone was slipping.

Great value in the 7th. Very impressed with this pick.

mysticsoto
Analysis on him:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1252110

mrbojanglezs
04-24-2010, 02:31 PM
trent/brohm starter/backup levi 3rd string

tampabay25690
04-24-2010, 02:32 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q3pgLJdyBh0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q3pgLJdyBh0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nice job getting high lights for the Zone on guys that alot have never seen...

CoolBreeze
04-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Todd McShay had him ranked 6th amongst QB's in this draft... JAWS loves the pick. Levi Brown could be the man!!!

BillsWin
04-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Jaws thinks he'll compete in Buffalo. I tend to agree. Edwards is garbage and Brohm hasn't proven anything either.

Welcome to Buffalo, Brown the door is wide open for you.

Forward_Lateral
04-24-2010, 02:34 PM
I read he has a weak arm. Which is it? He has a strong arm, or a noodle?

tampabay25690
04-24-2010, 02:35 PM

Decent arm....
Not a noodle at all and he is very athletic

mrbojanglezs
04-24-2010, 02:37 PM

his only strength is his arm, strong arm

Forward_Lateral
04-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Yahoo! sucks.

Dr. Lecter

His release is his biggest strength, not his arm

NOT THE DUDE...
This is a great pick. my magazine has him as the 4th best qb in the draft... this is great value....

Forward_Lateral
From Yahoo!

National Football Post: The Bills finally get their quarterback. However, Brown isn't a great fit in Buffalo because of his lacking arm strength.

The Spaz
04-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Brown is solidly built QB with very good athleticism, which help him to make big plays with his feet and arm. He has a very
compact and quick throwing motion, which enables him to consistently set-up and get rid of the ball very fast. He has a shockingly
strong arm – Can make every NFL throw with very good zip. He shows his arm strength by making 10+ yard throws
without just a flick of the wrist when a pass rusher is bearing down on him so that he cannot step into his throw. He does a good
job of stepping up to avoid the wide rush and has learned the important lesson of throwing the ball away to avoid the sack. When
he puts zip on throws he is a very accurate passer and can hit the 15+ skinny post route right on the money with a defender in
his face. He has consistently shown the ability to step up and make good throws in key situations to convert key downs into 1st
downs or TD’s. He does not force passes or try to squeeze them into tight spots and does not stare down his receiver. His ability
to get rid of the ball very quickly helps him to get the ball to the receiver before the defender can react to make a play on it. - Russ Lande

CoolBreeze
Jaws thinks he'll compete in Buffalo. I tend to agree. Edwards is garbage and Brohm hasn't proven anything either.

In all fairness to Brohm he had 1 game. He was only in Buffalo 5 weeks at the time. Although it wasn't an outstanding performance( Again, he had 5 weeks to learn the system and terminology), Brohm showed that he had the best arm among him, Fitz and Edwards. ROME wasn't built in 3 days, neither will be the Buffalo Bills. Whoever the QB is, their goal is not to win the game, rather NOT to loose it.

tampabay25690

Yes he has zip another strength is getting away from defenders,,,
AThletic kid and Sun Belt player of the Year...

TonyIncredible
04-24-2010, 02:41 PM
the video from youtube makes me believe!!! RUDY!!! or in this case LEVI!!! LEVI!!! LEVI!!! lol

doug45
04-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Big, strong arm QB. Good pick.

All the experts say he is nowhere near ready to even play in the Pro ranks, but he is what Bufalo likes "Cheap"

BillsWin
04-24-2010, 02:43 PM
I've heard him labeled as a bargain bin Phillip Rivers.

I'll take that any day over Pike to be honest.

All we need is for him to compete. We can get our

wmoz11
04-24-2010, 02:46 PM
If I'm Gailey, I start the season with Edwards and if he stinks up the joint again, you let Brohm or Brown battle it out the rest of the year to see if either has starter ability of you can catch lightning in a bottle.

If they all suck or are merely average, you draft a QB high in 2011.

ajsdx
04-24-2010, 02:47 PM
I've heard him labeled as a bargain bi Phillip Rivers.

All we need is for him to compete. We can get our franchise guy next year. Unless by some miracle we got lucky with Brown.

I think Phillip Rivers was already bi... ;)

Nighthawk
04-24-2010, 02:48 PM

And Fitz shouldn't be in the NFL...don't forget that.

BillsWin
04-24-2010, 02:49 PM
And Fitz shouldn't be in the NFL...don't forget that.

Fitz who? ;)

Novacane
04-24-2010, 02:51 PM
strong arm qb project... good pick!

Agree. I bet he does as much or more in the NFL as Tebow does.

sunshynman
04-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Ok. I wanted Tebow, then I wanted Skeleton. But looking at the clip and the write ups, OH YEAH!

Big, Strong, Quick Release, Accurate, Mobile, Wore #12. I'm starting to get excited! Let's end him to the CFL for 2 years!

Now all the slang names for the Oline fit. I got wood!

Novacane
04-24-2010, 02:57 PM
If I'm Gailey, I start the season with Edwards and if he stinks up the joint again, you let Brohm or Brown battle it out the rest of the year to see if either has starter ability of you can catch lightning in a bottle.

Why had the job to Edwards? Let them all compete in camp. None of them have earned the starters job from the go!

TacklingDummy
04-24-2010, 03:05 PM
qb project
More upside than Campbell. Good job Bills. :up:

TigerJ
04-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Nice music on the You Tube video, Spaz. Does that mean Brown is going to be a great QB?

SquishDaFish
04-24-2010, 03:10 PM
More upside than Campbell. Good job Bills. :up:

Sometimes I really think you smoke crack. Or have some kind of mental condition

Mahdi
04-24-2010, 03:11 PM
He is but I love this pick I wanted him the 5ht with my mock. Extremely quick release, pretty much a thigpen clone.
Thigpen can run, this kid is not much of a runner. Pocket passer.

TacklingDummy
04-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Sometimes I really think you smoke crack. Or have some kind of mental condition
Why's that because you think Campbell is upgrade while myself and Mike Shanahan think that he blows? Sorry but I favor Mikes opinion.

YardRat
04-24-2010, 03:13 PM
From mystic's link...

Accuracy: Flashes good accuracy down the middle on drag and post routes. Better zipping passes than throwing with touch. Rarely asked to throw traditional long passes in this scheme.

Arm Strength: Plenty of arm strength to make every NFL throw. If Brown struggles to acclimate to the NFL, it won't be due to a lack of arm strength.

Setup/Release: Has a quick over-the-top throwing motion. Doesn't bring the ball all the way back, which shortens his motion and gives him a quick release, but impacts his accuracy. Will need time to develop his footwork.

Reading Defenses: Not asked to make many reads post-snap in this offense. Stares down his primary option, though to his credit he won't force the ball into coverage. Pats the ball when he's checking down and has a tendency to double-clutch.

On the Move: Good mobility to escape pressure and buy more time. Willing to step up into the pocket and take the hit to complete the pass. Has a tendency to get happy feet and struggles relocating his targets once he's dropped his eyes to look at the pass-rush. Struggles with accuracy when throwing on the move. Sprays the ball, typically putting it at the feet of his receiver

Intangibles: Well-liked by fans, teammates and coaches. Voted a 2009 team captain.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Why's that because you think Campbell is upgrade while myself and Mike Shanahan think that he blows? Sorry but I favor Mikes opinion.

I like having Brohm and Brown. 2 young QB's that have potential. Hopefully one of the two rises!

The Spaz
04-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Nice music on the You Tube video, Spaz. Does that mean Brown is going to be a great QB?

Of course!:up::beers:

ddaryl
04-24-2010, 03:33 PM
I agree will probably be 3rd guy at FITZ gets cut...

Saw the guy play a few times has great size and a pretty good arm and can move....

I still think we might bring in a vet and Fitz goes

levi ends up on the practice squad IMO

Michael82
04-24-2010, 03:40 PM
I love this pick! It's not one of the guys I wanted, but he was rated pretty high. My Sporting News Magazine has him as a 3rd rounder, and compares him to Matt Schaub! :drool: I love the potential in him and am glad we finally got a QB!

ddaryl
04-24-2010, 03:41 PM

If I'm gailey I have a big fat trainging camp competition and the best man wins....

wmoz11
04-24-2010, 03:48 PM
If I'm gailey I have a big fat trainging camp competition and the best man wins....

Yeah, I guess I'm just assuming Edwards will win that competition; not to mention that I think he deserves another chance under a competent offensive mind.

acehole
04-24-2010, 04:19 PM
The offense the bills are running is fine for him......hand off first and second down and find spiller on third...thats it.

I've heard him labeled as a bargain bin Phillip Rivers.

All we need is for him to compete. We can get our

Typ0
04-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Nothing against this guy but I'm sick of talking about the potential of the QBs on our team who haven't actually done anything. I'd prefer to have a guy on the roster who has proven he can do something of consequence.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Not asked to make many reads post-snap in this offense. Stares down his primary option, though to his credit he won't force the ball into coverage.

Has a tendency to get happy feet and struggles relocating his targets once he's dropped his eyes to look at the pass-rush. Struggles with accuracy when throwing on the move.
Oh, great. This guy sounds just like JP Losman if you ask me. I'm just sayin'...

TacklingDummy
04-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Nothing against this guy but I'm sick of talking about the potential of the QBs on our team who haven't actually done anything. I'd prefer to have a guy on the roster who has proven he can do something of consequence.
How many 7th round QB picks gone on to win a Super Bowl? In Fact, how many 7th round picks even start? It's a long shot he'll succeed but at least it's more hopeful than wasting 2 years on Campbell.

Typ0
04-24-2010, 04:45 PM
I would have rather had Campbell myself. At least he's played well and demonstrated he can compete consistently. I don't hold a lot of weight in Shanny's opinion either the guy is classic grab over the hill veterans and pay them big money and waste the franchise. They didn't need McNabb as bad as we do. Without any production from QB our team is toast again and all we have right now is a bunch of potential bottled up and who knows if it will mean anything. I guess the good news is we'll have the #1 pick in the draft next year.

How many 7th round QB picks gone on to win a Super Bowl? In Fact, how many 7th round picks even start? It's a long shot he'll succeed but at least it's more hopeful than wasting 2 years on Campbell.

Bufftp
04-24-2010, 05:03 PM
How many 7th round QB picks gone on to win a Super Bowl? In Fact, how many 7th round picks even start? It's a long shot he'll succeed but at least it's more hopeful than wasting 2 years on Campbell. Well Brady was picked in the 6th.....

Philagape
04-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Oh, great. This guy sounds just like JP Losman if you ask me. I'm just sayin'...

S e v e n t h

r o u n d

ddaryl
04-24-2010, 05:58 PM

He'll compete... he might even get put on the practice squad.

I still see the Bills bringing in a new vet to compete before camp.

Prov401
04-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Brohm's going to be our starter.

Tatonka
04-24-2010, 07:34 PM
Thigpen can run, this kid is not much of a runner. Pocket passer.

did you just watch the highlights of this kid? to say his is not mobile or can't run is nuts.. he appears to be VERY mobile.

Typ0
04-24-2010, 08:03 PM
He'll compete... he might even get put on the practice squad.

I still see the Bills bringing in a new vet to compete before camp.

I hope so but based on the things I've heard them say I'd question that. Kind of sounds to me they are going to ride with what we have and try and figure out if one of these guys can get it done this year.

BillsFanCupp38
04-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Good thing he got some experience running for his life in college... He should fit right in with our Bills! lol

mercyrule
04-24-2010, 10:53 PM
If everyone thought he was going to go higher, why didn't he?

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2010, 11:53 PM
edwards will be our starter and fitz will back up, brown will be our 3rd string....

BillsMan80
04-25-2010, 12:02 AM
I'd give Edwards the boot. He's gonna get it anyway after next year. Start Brohm, have Fitz back him up and Brown at 3rd string.

jamze132
04-25-2010, 01:26 AM
I'd give Edwards the boot. He's gonna get it anyway after next year. Start Brohm, have Fitz back him up and Brown at 3rd string.
Screw that. If any QB needs the boot, its Fitzpatrick.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-25-2010, 01:29 AM
will be a solid back up.. not expecting a Tom Brady

YardRat
04-25-2010, 01:44 AM

He turned down every team that called him in rounds 3 thru 6...that's how badly he wanted to be a Buffalo Bill.

Prov401
04-25-2010, 02:05 AM
He turned down every team that called him in rounds 3 thru 6...that's how badly he wanted to be a Buffalo Bill.

This is what I heard as well.

PECKERWOOD
04-25-2010, 02:57 AM

He has a cannon, man I like this guy, don't know if he will start, but he I do think that he and Fitz will immediately become our best QBs, I'm not a fan of Edwards or Brohm, both suck if you ask me, Fitz & Brown all the way.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
04-25-2010, 07:35 AM
His stats look ok, but if you look at week two against Florida he was 8-24 for 66 yards and 1 int.

ddaryl
04-25-2010, 07:46 AM
He has a cannon, man I like this guy, don't know if he will start, but he I do think that he and Fitz will immediately become our best QBs, I'm not a fan of Edwards or Brohm, both suck if you ask me, Fitz & Brown all the way.

Fitz is the odd duck out in IMO. Brohm will be on the roster for at least 1 more year

Historian
04-25-2010, 07:49 AM
Brown is solidly built QB with very good athleticism, which help him to make big plays with his feet and arm. He has a very
compact and quick throwing motion, which enables him to consistently set-up and get rid of the ball very fast. He has a shockingly
strong arm – Can make every NFL throw with very good zip. He shows his arm strength by making 10+ yard throws
without just a flick of the wrist when a pass rusher is bearing down on him so that he cannot step into his throw. He does a good
job of stepping up to avoid the wide rush and has learned the important lesson of throwing the ball away to avoid the sack. When
he puts zip on throws he is a very accurate passer and can hit the 15+ skinny post route right on the money with a defender in
his face. He has consistently shown the ability to step up and make good throws in key situations to convert key downs into 1st
downs or TD’s. He does not force passes or try to squeeze them into tight spots and does not stare down his receiver. His ability
to get rid of the ball very quickly helps him to get the ball to the receiver before the defender can react to make a play on it. - Russ Lande

Good to hear, because he's going to need that "when the gales of November come early."

mercyrule
04-25-2010, 03:07 PM
He turned down every team that called him in rounds 3 thru 6...that's how badly he wanted to be a Buffalo Bill.Serious replies only please.

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2010, 03:16 PM

Maybe the small school thing?

I also suspect the fact that he has not taken a snap from under center in two years (always in the shotgun) scared teams away.

He also did not get a full workout at the combine; he was only there to throw the ball and did not work out fully.

All of those together can make a guy fall.

ddaryl
04-25-2010, 03:38 PM
SO anyone else singing Jim Croce's "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" , but changing the lyrics to Levi Brown

NO ? Just me.... OK

acehole
04-25-2010, 03:52 PM
qb project

Great where we drafted him.

I like his low Int's to TD ratio and yards...

I don't like the running around he does to make a play...flashes of JP.

Would love to see his wonderlick...

Will make team.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-25-2010, 04:01 PM
camp fodder nothing more. just need more arms in camp to save edwards tired useless arm for the regular season as he struggles to get the ball down field 11 yards

doug45
04-26-2010, 12:10 PM
[ I love the potential in him and am glad we finally got a QB![/QUOTE]

He's not a QB yet, not until he can have more than potential. we have seen a lot of that for the last 10 years......

justasportsfan
04-26-2010, 12:11 PM
camp fodder nothing more. just need more arms in camp to save edwards tired useless arm for the regular season as he struggles to get the ball down field 11 yards

:meh: