PDA

View Full Version : Calloway arrested in 2009

BuffaloBlitz83
04-24-2010, 02:58 PM
IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz said offensive tackle Kyle Calloway will be suspended for a game and be required to complete counseling and extensive community service after police say the lineman was arrested early Saturday morning and charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated.

Calloway was arrested after officers stopped him while he was driving a moped into a barricaded area.

Police say Calloway was given a field sobriety and a breathalyzer test, which registered 0.106. The legal limit in Iowa is 0.08.

"I was very disappointed to learn of Kyle's poor judgment," Ferentz said in a statement. "Kyle will be expected to complete counseling and educational requirements, extensive community service obligations and game suspension prior to returning to the field."

Iowa City Police Sgt. Mike Lord says Calloway cooperated with police and acknowledged he drank seven or eight beers.

Calloway, who will be a senior next fall, has started 25 straight games for Iowa. He was listed at starting right tackle during spring practice.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4274754

SquishDaFish
04-24-2010, 02:59 PM
A dumb kid mistake alot of kids make. Not a big deal

HAMMER
04-24-2010, 03:00 PM
I just posted the MWI in another thread, I remember hearing about it last year but forgot it was him. Funny stuff.

Jaybird
04-24-2010, 03:14 PM
at least he was driving in a blocked off area where he can only hurt himself

Mike in Syracuse
04-24-2010, 03:16 PM
College kids drinking and driving...what's next, they going to start using drugs too?

YardRat
04-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Dude better get snow tires for his moped if he plans on staying in Buffalo.