PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Five years from now...

BillsWin
04-24-2010, 03:25 PM
We'll look back on this draft and be extremely happy.

This is the draft that will help us establish a dominant run stuffing defense that can get after the quarterback.

Spiller is going to be an absolute star in this league as well.

Of course there are going to be skeptics, but if we have a draft like this next year, except with an emphasis on offense, then this is going to be a very good football team.

Let's hope we have the coaching, because hallelujah we have a front office!

:beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers:

:drunks: :drunks: :drunks:

P.S. We are still going to be a brutal to average team this year. Growing pains. But there will be improvement from last year. I promise you. If Gailey is even an average coach, we will have flashes of things to come.

I still think 4-8 wins is a good assessment.

elltrain22
04-24-2010, 03:28 PM
I hope your right. Don't know much about any of the guys that were picked today, but I love that Spiller is a Bill.

SquishDaFish
04-24-2010, 03:31 PM
I totally agree bro. :clap: Finally a real front office. Love what ehy are doing and the future looks bright.

Lexwhat
04-24-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm just glad we didn't draft a Defensive Back.

HAMMER
04-24-2010, 03:37 PM
I like most all of us have never watched the majority of these players play. I will reserve judgement for two years on this draft. I hope to God it is as good as you think BW.

BillsWin
04-24-2010, 03:42 PM
I like most all of us have never watched the majority of these players play. I will reserve judgement for two years on this draft. I hope to God it is as good as you think BW.

I have watched Spiller, Troup, Moats and Brown Hammer. I REALLY like this draft.

It is my opinion that we will have a dominant defense within two years.

I really haven't had anything to be excited about Bills-wise for a while, but this draft makes me feel like I'm a kid at Christmas.

doug45
04-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Of course there are going to be skeptics, but if we have a draft like this next year, except with an emphasis on offense, then this is going to be a very good football team.

NEXT YEAR !!! This is all we have been told for over a decade!!!!! 4- 8 wins is OK!?!?!?!?

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-26-2010, 12:28 PM
The world is going to end in 2012, how are we going to be happy about this draft?

THRILLHO
04-26-2010, 12:33 PM
The world is going to end in 2012, how are we going to be happy about this draft?
Because we will be dead, and that means we wont have to think about it. :surf:

OpIv37
04-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Prediction: 5 years from now, no one on this board will give a **** about how this draft turned out because the team won't be in Buffalo anymore.

justasportsfan
04-26-2010, 12:38 PM
5 years from now OP will still be a neg nancy.

HAMMER
04-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Prediction: 5 years from now, no one on this board will give a **** about how this draft turned out because the team won't be in Buffalo anymore.

You can't ever let anyone have fun.

OpIv37
04-26-2010, 12:45 PM
5 years from now OP will still be a neg nancy.

It's not negative, it's realistic.

We're one of the smallest markets in the NFL and we're one of the teams that benefits from revenue sharing (meaning we're subsidized by the higher revenue teams and they see Buffalo as a burden).

We have an owner who is over 90 and not in the greatest health. When he dies, his family has no interest in owning the team. Ralph has done nothing in terms of finding a way to keep the team in Buffalo after his death.

The stadium lease ends after the 2012 season. The Toronto deal ends after the 2012 season.

The Bills have curiously few financial obligations to coaches or players past 2012.

Toronto wants a team. LA wants a team and will soon have a vacant state-of-the-art stadium awaiting an occupant.

The Buffalo fan base is one the best- if not the very best- in the NFL. But that's all this team has going for it. It's a small city with a struggling economy and it simply can't keep up with the big dogs in terms of revenue. The economics of the game have changed and our owner was either unable or unwilling to change with them.

I don't like it- I'm sure none of us do. But that's the simple reality of the situation.

OpIv37
04-26-2010, 12:46 PM

We'll have fun if the team ever figures out how to win. Until then, it's just people getting excited about nothing.

justasportsfan
04-26-2010, 12:48 PM
It's not negative, it's realistic.

We're one of the smallest markets in the NFL and we're one of the teams that benefits from revenue sharing (meaning we're subsidized by the higher revenue teams and they see Buffalo as a burden).

We have an owner who is over 90 and not in the greatest health. When he dies, his family has no interest in owning the team. Ralph has done nothing in terms of finding a way to keep the team in Buffalo after his death.

The stadium lease ends after the 2012 season. The Toronto deal ends after the 2012 season.

The Bills have curiously few financial obligations to coaches or players past 2012.

Toronto wants a team. LA wants a team and will soon have a vacant state-of-the-art stadium awaiting an occupant.

The Buffalo fan base is one the best- if not the very best- in the NFL. But that's all this team has going for it. It's a small city with a struggling economy and it simply can't keep up with the big dogs in terms of revenue. The economics of the game have changed and our owner was either unable or unwilling to change with them.

I don't like it- I'm sure none of us do. But that's the simple reality of the situation.

Still crying?

justasportsfan
04-26-2010, 12:52 PM
misery is looking for company.

OpIv37
04-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Still crying?

Call it what you want- it's still reality.

trapezeus
04-26-2010, 01:32 PM
i liked the draft
i like that we aren't kidding ourselves with being a player away and making bad trades and gimmicky signings.
I like that we may show heart on the field
I like that we have a coach that can not possibly be as ******ed as the last guy no matter how hard he tries (i realize these may be famous last words).

it was a good draft for a defense. If we get that QB next year, i think in less than 5 years we are competitive.

RandolphDuke
04-26-2010, 01:35 PM
:drunks: :drunks: :drunks:

P.S. We are still going to be a brutal to average team this year. Growing pains. But there will be improvement from last year. I promise you. If Gailey is even an average coach, we will have flashes of things to come.

The Buffalo Bills: Growing pains since 2000.

EDS
04-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Big question mark for the defense, besides experience, remains the pass rush, particularly if Schobel retires.

Is Maybin the teams best hope as far as providing a pass rush?

T-Long
04-26-2010, 04:52 PM
As long as Roger Goodell is the commish, the Bills will be going nowhere. You can take that to the bank.