PDA

View Full Version : Faneca would be a great pickup for us

Mahdi
04-24-2010, 04:52 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/24/jets-formally-say-farewell-to-faneca/

After picking up Spiller, getting a guy like Faneca to bust open some holes would be huge for us. I think Levitre can be a very good depth guy and learn behind Faneca for a couple years.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Yeah i agree but would he come to Buffalo??

Mahdi
04-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Yeah i agree but would he come to Buffalo??
I think he would love to come here. Pittsburgh type of atmosphere and he gets to exact some revenge on the Jets for releasing him after he made their run game dominant.

Mr. Miyagi
04-24-2010, 05:00 PM
The problem is his price tag. That's why he was cut by the Jets in the first place. He's due like 5 million this year I think.

Mahdi
04-24-2010, 05:02 PM
The problem is his price tag. That's why he was cut by the Jets in the first place. He's due like 5 million this year I think.
7. But I think we can get him at a reduced price. There is no team that is going to pay him 7 mil or even 5 mil a season to sign after the draft.

Faneca will sign a contract at 3 mil per season.

PECKERWOOD
04-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Honestly, I think our interior is just fine, we may have drafted Calloway to play RG for us. Maybe Hangartner is on his way out? Maybe OBD feels it's time for Wood to make the move to center? Perhaps our line will look like this: Wang, Levitre, Wood, Calloway, Meredith? I could very well see our line looking like that. Or maybe Nix really does believe in Bell? Maybe something like this: Bell, Levitre, Wood, Calloway, Wang.

buffalobillsfan95
04-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Honestly, I think our interior is just fine, we may have drafted Calloway to play RG for us. Maybe Hangartner is on his way out? Maybe OBD feels it's time for Wood to make the move to center? Perhaps our line will look like this: Wang, Levitre, Wood, Calloway, Meredith? I could very well see our line looking like that. Or maybe Nix really does believe in Bell? Maybe something like this: Bell, Levitre, Wood, Calloway, Wang.
Calloway was drafted as a RT not a RG

CAbills
04-24-2010, 11:30 PM
Faneca will sign a contract at 3 mil per season.

With a contender...

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2010, 11:48 PM
Calloway was drafted as a RT not a RG

gailey said he would be a guard for the bills.....

he was one of my favorite picks... nasty oline!

levitre was really good last year... we dont need faneca... maybe if levtire was going to be moved to lt but he wont...

YardRat
04-25-2010, 12:49 AM
I don't think we will make a move on him, but we should...we have zero veteran leadership on the o-line.

jamze132
04-25-2010, 01:07 AM
I do not really want Faneca with the Bills. The interior of the line wasn't the problem last year.

SABURZFAN
04-25-2010, 01:32 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/24/jets-formally-say-farewell-to-faneca/

After picking up Spiller, getting a guy like Faneca to bust open some holes would be huge for us. I think Levitre can be a very good depth guy and learn behind Faneca for a couple years.

what's he going to learn? the kid was OJT in his rookie year and did well. the Bills do not need Faneca.

YardRat
04-25-2010, 01:40 AM
Wood is still hurt...I'd rather plug in Faneca than Calloway...We don't have Incognito anymore.

BertSquirtgum
04-25-2010, 01:44 AM
tiger woods isn't hurt

YardRat
04-25-2010, 01:46 AM
Nice catch.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Wood is still hurt...I'd rather plug in Faneca than Calloway...We don't have Incognito anymore.

dude all reports are him being 100% for tc... hes fine... a month ago he was already lifting weights and doing light work with his leg.... in 3 months he will be fine..

Mr Bills
04-25-2010, 09:16 AM
he is going to oakland....

JCBills
04-25-2010, 09:21 AM

Meredith - Levitre - Wood - ???? - Wang

Historian
04-25-2010, 10:25 AM
I would love to see him as a Bill.

YardRat
04-25-2010, 10:35 AM
dude all reports are him being 100% for tc... hes fine... a month ago he was already lifting weights and doing light work with his leg.... in 3 months he will be fine..

I had heard they wouldn't let him do any lifting that involved his legs, or do any drills involving jumping. Even if he will be 100%, I'd still bring in Faneca...vet leadership like that isn't easy to find.

DraftBoy
04-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Even if Wood is healthy bringing Faneca in is a great move. He can play either guard spot and it gives us the ability to move Wood back to his natural OC if we choose to do so.

IMissKelly
04-25-2010, 02:17 PM
faneca would create more competition not to mention depth and a position that seems to always deteriate throughout the season.

CoolBreeze
04-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Even if Wood is healthy bringing Faneca in is a great move. He can play either guard spot and it gives us the ability to move Wood back to his natural OC if we choose to do so.

And, with his intimate knowledge of the Jets and Steelers, maybe we can actually beat them. Faneca's experience with winning would be his greatest attribute. Also, Didn't I hear Jason Laconfora state yesterday that Bills had made contact with Flozell Adams for the LT spot?

Night Train
04-25-2010, 07:14 PM
He comes here only if the Bills are convinced Wood would not be ready for opening day. No other reason.

Levitre struggled early and improved dramatically as the season progressed. That was blatantly obvious to anyone not following the team by radio.

No way in hell does he get pulled from the lineup now.

BertSquirtgum
04-25-2010, 07:50 PM
if he can be brought in for less than the 7 million a year he was making in new york then i'm all for it. it will not happen though. some dopey team will end up over paying for him.

Spiderweb
04-26-2010, 01:14 AM
He comes here only if the Bills are convinced Wood would not be ready for opening day. No other reason.

Levitre struggled early and improved dramatically as the season progressed. That was blatantly obvious to anyone not following the team by radio.

I'll second that observation. Poor start but strong finish. The kid is also versatile and can (and did) fill in at Tackle if needed.

JCBills
04-26-2010, 01:20 AM

Or, Hangartner is put back into the same role he played in Carolina, #2 across the interior. Levitre LG, Wood to C (natural position + added level of comfort for Brohm) and Faneca at RG would be a very good interior 3.

Mahdi
04-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Or, Hangartner is put back into the same role he played in Carolina, #2 across the interior. Levitre LG, Wood to C (natural position + added level of comfort for Brohm) and Faneca at RG would be a very good interior 3.
Faneca is a LG. The guy has played LG for the last 10 years. I doubt they switch his position if they bring him in.

methos4ever
04-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Given that he gave up 7 sacks last year as a LG, I think putting him to RG and utilizing his bone crushing run blocking skills wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. He did play Center a bit too with the Steelers...

JCBills
04-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Faneca is a LG. The guy has played LG for the last 10 years. I doubt they switch his position if they bring him in.

Switching guard spots isn't a big jump at all, very little adjustment, especially if he's coming into a new system, where he would have to adjust anyways. It's not like sticking a RT at LT.

Buffalogic
04-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Even if Wood is healthy bringing Faneca in is a great move. He can play either guard spot and it gives us the ability to move Wood back to his natural OC if we choose to do so.Ya let's move Wood (whose going to be a mainstay for the bills for years and years) and risk stunting his growth to accommodate old Alan Faneca for the 1 year he'd play here..

Dumb..

Mahdi
04-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Ya let's move Wood (whose going to be a mainstay for the bills for years and years) and risk stunting his growth to accommodate old Alan Faneca for the 1 year he'd play here..

Dumb..
Wood has only played 1 season as a G. He is a natural C and played that throughout college. How would that be stunting his growth? He very well might be a better C than he is a G.

JCBills
04-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Ya let's move Wood (whose going to be a mainstay for the bills for years and years) and risk stunting his growth to accommodate old Alan Faneca for the 1 year he'd play here..

Dumb..

http://ghostisland.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/lolwut.jpg

madness
04-26-2010, 04:42 PM
LG Andy Levitre (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/71164/Andy_Levitre). Here's the guy that I'm most excited about - I almost dedicated an entire article to just how awesome I think Andy Levitre is going to be. I thought he was Buffalo's best lineman a year ago, and the improvements he made from the beginning of the season to the end were tremendous. People talk about moving him to left tackle, but he wouldn't stand the test of time at that position, and he is potentially elite at left guard. Yes - potentially elite, as in one of the best left guards in the business. I love his playing style, I love his demeanor, I love his attitude and work ethic, and I think he's just going to get better and better. With the rest of the line in flux, count your blessings, Bills fans, and understand that the Bills do have at least one lineman that could turn out to be excellent.
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/4/26/1445019/six-young-bills-poised-to-break

Levitre really did turn it on at the end of the year. I would love to see Wood move to C and with or without Faneca. Faneca is definitely on the downside of his career but I would like to see him and Hang duke it out for the G spot with the loser providing some excellent depth.

JCBills
04-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Levitre really did turn it on at the end of the year. I would love to see Wood move to C and with or without Faneca. Faneca is definitely on the downside of his career but I would like to see him and Hang duke it out for the G spot with the loser providing some excellent depth.

Yeah I really hope Wood goes back to C. I think both he and Brohm could benefit from that move.

Battlefield BC2 > Cod MW2