PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Coleman

bigfish2112
04-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Antonio Coleman, DE, Auburn

One of the most experienced players in college football, Coleman redshirted at Auburn in 2005 and stepped into a major role as a sophomore in 2007. The defensive end led the Tigers in tackles-for-loss (18.5) and sacks (8.5) that year despite starting just seven of 13 games. A menace in opposing backfields, Coleman also led the team in those categories in each of the past two years. In 2009 he recorded 15.5 tackles for loss and nine sacks en route to being named on the All-SEC First Team by both the media and the conference's coaches (both for the second consecutive season). Although he has been a mainstay at defensive end for Auburn, Coleman projects as a rush linebacker in a 3-4 defense. A hybrid defensive end/linebacker that most NFL teams seem to covet, Coleman can also fit in a 4-3 system, but he could go off the board earlier than some anticipate by a team that uses a 3-4. He stands approximately 6'2 and 260 pounds (often listed at 6'3) and normally runs in the 4.7s in the 40-yard dash. For now, Coleman does not have the speed necessary to be a star at the next level, and even though he added about 10 pounds between his junior and senior seasons, he could still put on some extra bulk. Look for Coleman to be selected in the fourth or fifth round of the 2010 draft, but a third-round choice is not out of the question (especially if he runs well at the combine).

This is a great undrafted free agent that we picked up!!

<abbr title="2009-12-18T12:29" class="dtreviewed"></abbr>
(ridimon@gmail.com&subject=Antonio%20Coleman%20Scouting%20Report)

New Ro's Greatest
04-24-2010, 07:59 PM
I love this pick! Dude is a baller! GO BILLS:bad:

Night Train
04-25-2010, 07:39 AM
This is the UDFA signing I'm most excited about.

An insane 80 tackles for negative yardage and plays out of his mind on every snap. Strong impact hitter who never shys away from contact. Limited coverage ability makes him sound like an ILB but the Bills will decide that.

ParanoidAndroid
04-25-2010, 08:55 AM
Why wasn't he drafted? If his only questionmark was speed, I don't see how a guy that productive doesn't get drafted. There has to be something else.

JCBills
04-25-2010, 09:00 AM
If he can improve his strength, future LOLB.