PDA

View Full Version : Nix Feels They Got Bigger, Better, and Faster

YardRat
04-24-2010, 08:07 PM
http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#042410

Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey came out for a post draft press conference. Nix is happy with the draft and he felt it fell right for them where they were picking. He thinks they had the luck of the draw and improved their football team. He acknowledged that everyone will tell you their draft was great but he thinks they got bigger, stronger, and faster as a team.

Nix said they had Levi Jones in mind all the time as their fourth quarterback. They wanted a developmental guy that they can bring along and that is what they got in Levi. Gailey said he has excellent size and enough of mobility to escape a pass rush but he's not nimble. He called him very intelligent with a good, tight spiral who is a good looking young prospect.

Gailey feels everyone has a chance to play including the undrafted free agents they are trying to sign right now. On the run of small school guys Nix said they don't really look at wear they come from. He was happy with their size and their ability and that is what really matters. Nix said there are good QB candidates next year but they aren't looking at that now.

On Ed Wang Nix said he's got balance and can pass protect. He has a lot of things going for him but still needs to be developed. Gailey admits that right now Demeterius Bell would have to be the favorite at left tackle because he started last year but he's a work in progress himself. Gailey said they see Kyle Calloway as a guard since he will work better in tighter spaces because of his size. They confirmed that Arthur Moats will play inside linebacker and Danny Batten will play outside even though he played inside in an all star game. He is taller and has the range to be at that spot instead of Moats. Everyone they drafted they had hire grades on then they took them. He also feels some of the undrafted free agents they are getting they had drafteable grades on.

sdbillsfan2
04-24-2010, 08:40 PM
"Nix said they had Levi Jones in mind all the time as their fourth quarterback.

Who's Levi Jones ? I think Nix needs a little nap !( rough week end) lol

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2010, 09:28 PM
levi jones plays for the redskins

mysticsoto
04-24-2010, 09:31 PM
"Nix said they had Levi Jones in mind all the time as their fourth quarterback.

Who's Levi Jones ? I think Nix needs a little nap !( rough week end) lol

As long as he doesn't say he had Norah Jones in mind the whole time...

Buddo
04-25-2010, 06:47 AM
Don't blame Nix for the typos in transcription. ;)

Historian
04-25-2010, 07:46 AM
I think they did okay.

Of course, they're so bad, that it was hard NOT to do okay, but he's right, they got bigger and faster.

I can't wait to see the 3-4 again...honestly.

EricStratton
04-25-2010, 07:50 AM
Don't blame Nix for the typos in transcription. ;)

The article is full of them