PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap

DGreg
04-24-2010, 08:19 PM
look at these stats for this guy. We signed him as an undrafted free agent
http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/RB/Joique-Bell.php

Bulldog
04-24-2010, 08:22 PM
I swear I've read something on this guy before. Did DraftBoy or somebody post something about this guy before? Christ, I think I'm losing it.

Tatonka
04-24-2010, 08:24 PM
i think draftboy did something with him.. his numbers look a lot like the rb we had a few years ago.. Omon.. hopefully he turns out better than Omon did and he sticks.. because at this point i am over Lynch.

scartown
04-24-2010, 08:25 PM
I believe DraftBoy interviewed him for draftnasty.

Bulldog
04-24-2010, 08:34 PM
I thought I saw something on him. Glad to know I haven't completely lost it yet.

Bulldog
04-24-2010, 08:36 PM
i think draftboy did something with him.. his numbers look a lot like the rb we had a few years ago.. Omon.. hopefully he turns out better than Omon did and he sticks.. because at this point i am over Lynch.

Was thinking the same exact thing Tatonka. Oman was the first player that came to mind when I was looking at his size and stats. Maybe DB can provide some more information on him.

BillsWin
04-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Draft Boy likes him. A LOT.

Mike in Syracuse
04-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Check out his highlight video. Kid's got game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EDCp5rWqzI

Tatonka
04-24-2010, 09:17 PM
so what is the rub.. i mean the guys looks like a future hall of famer.. why did he go undrafted?

psubills62
04-24-2010, 09:42 PM
It must have been his level of competition. DB and Ingtar both love this kid and saw him as a 3rd-round talent (though DB thought he would slip to the 5th or 6th round).

Dicknoze69
04-24-2010, 09:48 PM
It must have been his level of competition. DB and Ingtar both love this kid and saw him as a 3rd-round talent (though DB thought he would slip to the 5th or 6th round).

Yep, I'd guess the level of competition dinged him. I think he's a lock to at least make the practice squad, and quite possibly make the team if we move Lynch or carry four RBs.

Mahdi
04-24-2010, 09:53 PM
DB will be happy about this pickup.

DGreg
04-24-2010, 10:57 PM
It is his 4.68 forty time that did him in.

Ingtar33
04-25-2010, 04:23 AM

yep. the big knock on him was he played against d2 competition, and didn't run a 4.4 (he ran a 4.6)...

Setting his 40 time aside, he has a very compact and controlled running style that makes him "look" slower on the field then he plays... think Walter Payton... very similar stride... it's almost like he's jogging, rather then sprinting. Throw in the less then amazing 40 time, and i think those three factors torpedoed him.

(that said if you watch him on tape you'll notice he almost never gets caught from behind... he's not spiller fast, but he plays faster then he times)

Personally i love how compact he is, how low his center of balance is. When you watch him run, he just bounces off tackles, he's never out of control, and he's very hard to bring down. Throw in his smooth ability to evade tackles, and he's a pretty good looking kid.

I admit I'm curious to see how he'll do in the pros. Personally i think he's a 3rd round talent... who, if he can translate his game to the pros should be good enough to start for a chunk of his career. Worse case (is he's unable to translate to the NFL) the kid looks like he'd be a pretty good 3rd down back.

DraftBoy
04-25-2010, 09:52 AM
According to Joique he's run a 4.4 before and his times at the combine and GLIAC Pro Day were some his worst. Like Ing said, and he made the same point in my interview with him, he's never been caught from behind so he thinks his 40 time it mute.

My biggest concern about Bell is that at times he appears indecisive about hitting the hole or busting it outside. He showed this when Wayne State played Grand Valley State last season. He needs to just hit the hole hard and not think about it.

This was my summation of him on Draft Nasty in the Scouting Report I wrote;

Bell is a prospect I'm very high on, I think he has starting potential and everywhere he goes the coaches rave about him. He showed a good burst and willingness to work hard during the Senior Bowl week, despite having a so so Senior Bowl rushing 8 times for 22 yards. Bell has the character, build, and desire that you want in an NFL RB, he wants to prove people wrong who told him he couldn’t be a RB. He has a fire in him that can’t be coached or taught to anybody. His versatility makes him a great option in the mid rounds for any team to take a chance on and maybe one day if he is able to really work on some of his technique he will become a starter one day.

http://draftnasty.com/scouting/fcs-div2-div3/joique-bell/

justasportsfan
04-25-2010, 09:57 AM
why would he choose to come to a crowded bills team?

Jaybird
04-25-2010, 10:09 AM
why would he choose to come to a crowded bills team?

i would assume he didn't have many options