PDA

View Full Version : Corey Chavous gives the Bills an 'A'

Jeff1220
04-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Fran Charles gave it a C+...
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d817c5aed/Bills-draft-grade

nateodoms'bff
04-24-2010, 09:53 PM
NFL Network coverage is so much better and insightful.

You'll never hear a breakdown of the Bills like that on ESPN.

And I agree. I love this draft. In a lot of ways, I think this draft class keeps the Bills in # of last seasons games. The defensive line was a worse situation than the O-line, and its remarkably better than what it was going into the off season. With Spiller, they can run away from the LT and design pass plays over the left side to leave the blind side less exposed.

I think this is the first draft since before Donahoe that I feel like the Bills have a REAL plan, and they know how to use it. I am very excited about the future of this team.

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2010, 10:42 PM
so davis gave them a low grade because the bills didn't go after who he thought they should go after. what a dick.

billsfanryan
04-24-2010, 10:58 PM
NFL Network coverage is so much better and insightful.

You'll never hear a breakdown of the Bills like that on ESPN.

And I agree. I love this draft. In a lot of ways, I think this draft class keeps the Bills in # of last seasons games. The defensive line was a worse situation than the O-line, and its remarkably better than what it was going into the off season. With Spiller, they can run away from the LT and design pass plays over the left side to leave the blind side less exposed.

I think this is the first draft since before Donahoe that I feel like the Bills have a REAL plan, and they know how to use it. I am very excited about the future of this team.

I completely agree. I actually was texting friends "when will we take a db." I actually have confidence in what Nix and gailey are doing. They actually say things that make me feel that they know what is going on. "I will have to look at the tape" provided no insight what so ever. I like having a staff that can actually (hopefully) think of ways to use our OF's (offensive weapons such as spiller and parrish) in a way that benefits us and surprises other teams.

Michael82
04-25-2010, 01:07 AM
I'm so glad to hear this! I heard a bunch of people *****ing about the draft because we didn't draft a bunch of OL and didn't take an OT until the 5th round, but I was very happy. I loved the CJ Spiller pick. We needed a playmaker on offense and he does that for us. I also love that fact that we drafted pieces to replace all the tiny DL and LBs that we had which were built for a 4-3 cover 2. We got a bunch of bigger guys that are perfect for a 3-4 defense and can help stop the run. I also love our QB sleeper pick in the 7th round. The only thing that disappointed me is that I wanted one of the top QBs early in the draft. But hey...at least we still got one to develop.

jamze132
04-25-2010, 02:51 AM
Who cares what anyone grades us as? 90% of the reports are going to be negative because we didn't spend our picks on douchers like Clausen or McCoy.

And the reports where we get an "A" are just as bad because of the extreme homerism. I could tolorate an honest assessment from someone who actually follows the Bills and understands what we need. I hate the whole grading the draft thing because the majority of the ones who do it (ESPN) have no clue whatsoever what they are talking about because they only give a crap about the Patriots and Cowboys.

We all know Buffalo doesn't have a QB or a LT, but just because we didn't draft one of the doucher QBs in RD1 or RD2, that means we failed at the draft? Because we drafted the top playmaker in the draft instead of Bulago or Clausen, we suck? Because we drafted Troupe over McCoy, we suck? Its ****ing gay.

People like Kiper suck ass because they just look at the bills roster on buffalobills.com and see that our QBs suck so we MUST draft a QB near the top of the draft regardless of how this QB projects. I mean, who gives a **** of there was only one (1) semi decent QB in the draft and he was gone after the first pick. We should have spent millions of dollars on Clausen because Kiper likes him? If Kiper knew what the **** he was talking about, he would be making more money for a team instead of watching youtube videos about DIV 3 players who "provide great value" in the 7th.

Nobody knows what the Bills need more than the FO and fans who follow the team 365 days a year.