• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Matthews: Buffalo Bills forecast: Expect a 5-11 season

Kicking off with my annual early bird projection on the record for the 2010 Buffalo Bills following last week's release of the regular-season schedule and the college draft.
    Last year, my projection was 5-11. The Bills won the final game of the season against the uninspired, playoff-bound Indianapolis Colts to finish 6-10.

• TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Matthews: Buffalo Bills forecast: Expect a 5-11 season

He's optimistic.

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

Its attainable if Spiller picks up the pro game quickly, and I expect him to, as they mentioned he graduated in 3 1/2 years.

The will also need a clear-cut #1 QB to emerge out of camp. (Whoever it is)None of this QB by committe crap, and Eric Wood needs to be 100%

So 5-11 is possible.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

Sounds about right...

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Jan 2010

im going to go out and say we actually win 9 games.... possible playoff birth.. the team has serious talent and u have to expect edwards will improve under gailey...

Comment

• elltrain22
            • Sep 2003

Its a great thing if we win 9, 10, or 11 games this year, and of course, this is what I will be hoping for. Thing is, it ain't gonna happen. I think, at best, we're looking at a 4 or 5 win team. Is this a bad thing? Not necessarily b/c we'll set ourselves up for another hi draft pick, and hopefully get the franchise QB we desparetly need. Unless something wierd happens, Locker is going #1, then there is Ponder, Luck, and some other good ones out there. I really think that 2011 is where this team finally becomes a relevant team once again.
            If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Historian
              • Dec 2002

Now that's optimistic.

However, they still won 6 games last year, in spite of Jauron.

They may not win 9 games, but I'm thinking that they will be competitive in most....sort of like the 1986 Bills.

And look on the bright side...DJ is no longer managing the clock!

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

I was thinking 4-12 is in the books, then I realized that Dick is no longer here! Then I was thinking that is good for another 2-3 wins, but then I realized that our players have to learn yet another system so we are back to 4-12, my official prediction. You heard it here first!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                  • May 2003

5-11 is sounding about right, possibly a little optimistic. They are not in the league of the Jets and Patriots. I think they lose five of their divisional games, maybe beating the Dolphins at home. They can beat Jacksonville, Detroit, Cleveland, and Kansas City. Then again, they always seem to throw in a stinker against those teams.
                  Last edited by TheGhostofJimKelly; 04-25-2010, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• wozrob11
                    • Mar 2007

jake locker here we come!
                    IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST :op:

Comment

• B-DON
                      hi
                      • Mar 2004

we won 6 games last year with less talent and presumably way worse coaching. im saying we win 7-8 gmes and take a huge step towards a playoff birth the following year.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

5-11 would be awesome
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Historian
                          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by B-DON
                          we won 6 games last year with less talent and presumably way worse coaching. im saying we win 7-8 gmes and take a huge step towards a playoff birth the following year.
                          It's conceivable.

I just think that it depends on Gailey. Is he real HC material?

I think its clear that Nix is a good football mind, so we may be halfway there, but I'm unconvinced on CG. He's going to have to prove to me that he can manage at this level.

Is he the next Levy, who was a bust in KC, but a good fit here?

Or is he an offensive Dick Jauron?

Only time will tell.
                          Last edited by Historian; 04-25-2010, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

It may not show up in the overall record, but we're going to be a better team than last season.

We'll beat teams we're supposed to beat, and be competitive against most everybody else. Getting bigger plus the enhanced emphasis on strength/conditioning = less injuries. At least one team that looks like a sure-fire loss will be a win.

We're probably looking at 5-6 wins again this year, but 8-8 wouldn't surprise me.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TedMock
                              • Jul 2002

This is the first time I've ever fully expected a 4-5 win season AND am feeling good about the long-term prospects of the team. With very few exceptions we have a very young team and, aside from Maybin, last year's draft was actually decent. New system. I actually like this year's draft overall and think the approach was the right way to go. All but one QB was a project this year and Jones has as much chance as any other project to succeed - 50/50. I don't think Clausen is worth a damn, so I'm glad we ddn't reach. Anthony Davis would have made sense at OT, but Spiller was easily BPA. Plus, Davis is a mean, nasty, athletic tackle who could end up great, but he's also very immature and has weight issues that make him a bigger risk. He's been suspended multiple times including twice last season. I would have like him, but our pick certainly made sense. As for pure NT's, I had one guy ahead of Troup when we took him (Cam Thomas), not that my amateur rankings mean anything. I had Dan Williams as the top pure NT, but he also has a few question marks and he was gone anyway. I was NOT a fan of Cody at all. Wears down too fast for my liking. I like Carrington, didn't know much about Easley, love Moats at that pick, ok with Wang, know nothng about Calloway and love the flyer on Jones.

Comment

Working...
                              X