PDA

View Full Version : NBC Sports lists us as draft ......

ddaryl
04-25-2010, 09:43 AM
...Losers

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36759417/ns/sports-nfl/

Same old song and dance. Didn't get a LT till the 5th rd didn't get a QB early...

Buffalo
This is a team that has had its share of problems in their scouting department. The selection of C.J. Spiller was the perfect antidote to an offense without playmakers, but the draft went off the rails after that.
The Bills arguably had the league's thinnest group of quarterbacks and offensive tackles. They didn’t get a tackle until the fifth-round and didn’t add a quarterback to the mix until the seventh. Oh, and they never found a trading partner for running back Marshawn Lynch

What I don't understand is why the "experts" can't admint how piss poor this years crop of QB's were, and the fact that all of the good OT's were off the board by our 2nd pick.

Do you pass up on the BPA at #9 to reach for the need ???? or do you let the draft come to you ?

I was looking forward to a trade back for extra picks that would have allowed the Bills to fill needs but the Bills were to high on Spiller and that possibility never happened.

If the Bills traded back they would have won analysts apporval IMO....

If the Bills land a big arm at the top of the 2011 draft do analysts talk about how smart the Bills were for passing on the craptastic choices in the upper part of the 2010 draft.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-25-2010, 10:02 AM
I could careless about what are grade is. All I know is that our defense got big and we added much need depth. The only way reguardless if we drafted Clausen that this team would be good is if the D carried us. Guess what, they will

jamze132
04-25-2010, 10:12 AM
I did a rant/write-up on this very topic earlier today. I do not feel like bashing all the so-called "experts" anymore today, maybe tomorrow, but no more today.

YardRat
04-25-2010, 10:15 AM
That's pretty much the general consensus from what I've seen....just like patmoran called it a couple of days ago.

ServoBillieves
04-25-2010, 10:15 AM
For a team that wants to win NOW? Yes, this could be considered a loss. For a team that actually wants to rebuild rather than just use it as an excuse for losing games? I chalk it up to a win. The writer is obviously oblivious to what Nix and or Gailey has said the past month or so.

ddaryl
04-25-2010, 11:26 AM
I agree ... I just which the experts would actually disect these things with some realism

Night Train
04-25-2010, 11:37 AM
The Network that shows Stars On Ice while games are being shown on CBS & Fox?

Scumbag College
04-25-2010, 12:42 PM
For a team that wants to win NOW? Yes, this could be considered a loss. For a team that actually wants to rebuild rather than just use it as an excuse for losing games? I chalk it up to a win. The writer is obviously oblivious to what Nix and or Gailey has said the past month or so.

Exactly. Spot on post and I couldn't agree more.

During this draft the Bills retooled a badly ill equipped 3-4 defense, and got probably the most exciting playmaker in the draft. There were so many holes on this team that they all can't be filled in one draft. So the Bills didn't get an OT or a QB until late. It's obvious their scouting department didn't think there was a potential "franchise" QB in the draft other than Bradford. Most other teams must feel the same because they past on Tebow, Clausen, McCoy, etc. at least once. There isn't one pick the Bills made that left me scratching my head.

tomz
04-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Who is the say that a better draft even for the near term is had by picking up name players? By about week 3, we'll be saying 'who?' to 90% or so of his year's rookies anyway. Rookies RARELY have any impact at all.

How many rookies can you name from the 2009 Draft that actually had any significant impact? And you are the guys who follow this most closely.

Draft grades are strictly for entertainment value.

Night Train
04-25-2010, 05:21 PM

:bf1:

Johnny Bugmenot
04-25-2010, 08:16 PM
The Network that shows Stars On Ice while games are being shown on CBS & Fox? Just like The Worldwide Leader in Sports did the same when games were on NBC. It's common practice to put stuff on that no straight man will ever watch when football's on another channel. Kind of pointless to compete against it, isn't it?

psubills62
04-25-2010, 08:35 PM
I think Buffalo did a decent job drafting for the long term. They got guys in the 1st-4th rounds that could come in and immediately compete for starting time. In the 5th-7th rounds they got guys who will provide depth right away. At the same time, those late-rounders are good special-teamers and, with some growth, possibly become starters in a year or two.

It looks to me like they made sure to get one or two key guys on offense, built the foundations for a run-stopping defense, then got some depth on both sides. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go heavy on the offensive starters next year (OT, QB, WR, possibly a depth TE), with building more depth on the defense. After all, Gailey is an offensive-minded coach.

dannyek71
04-26-2010, 06:33 AM
Watching the last couple of games this previous season, if I went in telling you we would actually loose quality personell on the OL before next season (Richie) and we'd be again an Bell injury away from having Chambers be our starting left tackle. Along with going in with TE, RF, BB as our QBS; then you'd have laughed at me.