PDA

View Full Version : Now we can move M Lynch

acehole
04-25-2010, 11:28 AM
http://www.detnews.com/article/20100424/SPORTS0101/4240411

Good thinking ....dont move a player until you have his replacement.

TacklingDummy
04-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Lynch will not be a Bill next year. He'll either get traded or cut.

Ebenezer
04-25-2010, 11:47 AM
move him to whom and for what?

he has zero value at this time.

acehole
04-25-2010, 11:51 AM

Possibly....but you don't know...an injury away from having 3-4th pick for him.

We could of had seattles pick this year.

If he pans out in camp then we can pull the trigger.

A contender would love to have him on their roster.

Ebenezer
04-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Possibly....but you don't know...an injury away from having 3-4th pick for him.

We could of had seattles pick this year.

If he pans out in camp then we can pull the trigger.

A contender would love to have him on their roster.
do you really think the Bills sat in a vacuum and didn't try to move him? How many RBs were moved and how many were drafted? Yes, he could have some value if somebody somewhere in the league gets hurt. Even then a 3rd or 4th is a major risk for a team on a guy who is one strike from a season long suspension. The guy is worthless.

acehole
05-19-2010, 07:06 AM
do you really think the Bills sat in a vacuum and didn't try to move him? How many RBs were moved and how many were drafted? Yes, he could have some value if somebody somewhere in the league gets hurt. Even then a 3rd or 4th is a major risk for a team on a guy who is one strike from a season long suspension. The guy is worthless.

yes right now....but i think we want to see if bell is there real deal....first. if he is they will move him.

don137
05-19-2010, 07:18 AM
Hold on to Lynch until some team has an injury the the RB position during training camp. His value is low right now but after an injury or two will go up.

Raptor
05-19-2010, 07:18 AM
Lynch will not be a Bill next year. He'll either get traded or cut.

If they cut him Nix and Gailey are flat out ****ing ******ed

He doesnt cost that much, there is no way you can convince anyone that the 3rd RB you are keeping over him is even close to him in talent, and if they truly didnt want him here that bad enough to cut him they would have taken the two 4ths that were offered up for him

OpIv37
05-19-2010, 07:21 AM
First, Spiller is Lynch's replacement.

Second, Lynch had minimal value before we drafted Spiller and has zero value now that we have Spiller. Every team in the league knows there's a chance he'll get cut, and with the possibility of a 1 year suspension, they won't give up anything significant for him.

Third, remember Xavier Omon? If not, Google him. I hope this Bell turns out to be a diamond in the rough, but let's be realistic. UDFA's from DII schools don't often come in and replace first round draft picks.

Mr. Miyagi
05-19-2010, 07:22 AM

With Chris Johnson in Tennessee holding out and no end in sight, when he comes back cold he'll have a good chance to get injured. If I were Tennessee I'd get an insurance policy right now, ala Lynch.

Mr. Miyagi
05-19-2010, 07:23 AM
Third, remember Xavier Omon? If not, Google him. I hope this Bell turns out to be a diamond in the rough, but let's be realistic. UDFA's from DII schools don't often come in and replace first round draft picks.
You mean like Fred Jackson?

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-19-2010, 07:27 AM
They are going to keep Lynch and bring back the old triple wing or single wing offense of the 50s. The Dolphins did it with the wildcat and the Bills are going to do it with the triple wing. They don't need a QB for that, so here we go!!!!

Mahdi
05-19-2010, 07:38 AM

Not true at all... Any #1 RB in the league gets injured and Lynch becomes a #1 target. He has proven that he is a workhorse RB and is also very good in the redzone. Not to mention his ability to catch out of the backfield.

dannyek71
05-19-2010, 07:49 AM
And this is why you don't draft RBs in the top 20 picks.

madness
05-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Food for thought: 3 of 4 teams, who had three backs with at least 300 yards each, went to the playoffs.

The New Orleans Saints (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nor) and Indianapolis Colts (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=ind) advanced to Super Bowl XLIV three months ago with disparate approaches at running back.
The Saints won the championship with a three-pronged running attack, essentially a tailback for every possible situation, the model of specialization. The Colts, who chose Donald Brown (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12489) last spring to presumably help split the running game, turned largely to Joseph Addai (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9616) after the former Connecticut standout and first-round draft pick was injured twice during the season.

New Orleans was one of three teams in 2009 with three running backs (Pierre Thomas (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10713), Mike Bell (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9864) and Reggie Bush (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9588)) who rushed for more than 300 yards each. A fourth team, the Cleveland Browns (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=cle), had a trio of 300-yard rushers, but one of them was Josh Cribbs (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9270), who gained most of his yardage as a Wildcat quarterback. The three franchises with a trio of 300-yard backs all qualified for the playoffs.

But of the 12 clubs that had two backs run for more than 500 yards each in 2009, only five went to the playoffs.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=5188040

OpIv37
05-19-2010, 08:09 AM
You mean like Fred Jackson?

Exception to prove the rule. For every Fred Jackson, there are 10 Xavier Omon's.

And for ****'s sake, what is with the obsession of using the exception to prove the rule around here. "It happened once in the last 10 years, therefore it will happen to the Bills THIS time!"

Parrish is Steve Smith. Maybin is Dwight Freeney. Bellicheck sucked in Cleveland then dominated in NE so Jauron can do the same thing. The list goes on and on, but it never actually works out in Buffalo's favor.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Exception to prove the rule. For every Fred Jackson, there are 10 Xavier Omon's.

And for ****'s sake, what is with the obsession of using the exception to prove the rule around here. "It happened once in the last 10 years, therefore it will happen to the Bills THIS time!"

Parrish is Steve Smith. Maybin is Dwight Freeney. Bellicheck sucked in Cleveland then dominated in NE so Jauron can do the same thing. The list goes on and on, but it never actually works out in Buffalo's favor.

I think you mean for every Fred Jackson there are 1,000 Xavier Odoms.

Mr. Miyagi
05-19-2010, 08:48 AM

You always get so upset when you make a general statement and somebody prove you wrong, you get into that "exception to prove a rule" crap.

How about this: don't make a general statement like that anymore.

OpIv37
05-19-2010, 08:50 AM
You always get so upset when you make a general statement and somebody prove you wrong, you get into that "exception to prove a rule" crap.

How about this: don't make a general statement like that anymore.

what the hell are you talking about? Give me one example.

Mr. Miyagi
05-19-2010, 09:06 AM
what the hell are you talking about? Give me one example.
I'm not going to spend a bunch of time digging through your old posts to find you an example. You know you do this.

OpIv37
05-19-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm not going to spend a bunch of time digging through your old posts to find you an example. You know you do this.

I never talk in generalities and I always prove my point. And the times I've been proven wrong have been few and far between. And I NEVER use the exception to prove the rule.

So, I have no idea what you are talking about. You just made an accusation with absolutely nothing to back it up because I called out your post and you had no response.

ParanoidAndroid
05-19-2010, 09:09 AM
Bell seems awfully confident. He says Spiller and he will compliment one another. He forgets who is in front of him for that job.
No way would I give up Lynch at this point. He has something to prove and the Bills should be the beneficiary of that this year. I really think he has greater value on this team than a trade could provide.

Mr. Miyagi
05-19-2010, 09:09 AM
I never talk in generalities and I always prove my point. And the times I've been proven wrong have been few and far between. And I NEVER use the exception to prove the rule.

So, I have no idea what you are talking about. You just made an accusation with absolutely nothing to back it up because I called out your post and you had no response. :rofl:

Anytime anyone contradicts your point, it's just an "exception to the rule", because you're always right.

If you ask 100 posters on this board, I'll bet more than half agrees.

OpIv37
05-19-2010, 09:17 AM
:rofl:

Anytime anyone contradicts your point, it's just an "exception to the rule", because you're always right.

If you ask 100 posters on this board, I'll bet more than half agrees.

Really? A DII running back making the NFL and replacing a first-round starter isn't the exception to the rule? A coach who fails miserably in one city winning multiple SB's in another city isn't the exception to the rule? A dominant 240 lb DE isn't the exception to the rule? A dominant 5'6" 155 lb WR isn't the exception to the rule?

If you ask 100 posters on this board, I bet more than 75% will agree that those situations are the exception to the norm. Hell, forget opinions- go look up the actual numbers for any one of those things and you'll see that they are, in fact, rarities.

I don't just throw out "exception to the rule" as a blanket defense. I only say it when the FACTS actually back it up. You can dismiss it as a blanket defense if you want, but that's simply not the reality.

Night Train
05-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Love his size at 5-11 220.

Give him some playing time in the pre-season and see what he's got.

BillsWin
05-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Couldn't care less at this point. If he's gone, he's gone. We should have pulled the trigger on the deal with Seattle. Two fourth round picks in a deep draft would have looked REAL good about right now.

DraftBoy
05-19-2010, 10:45 AM

I do love it when you spout bull****.

In the past couple of years alone three other FCS and lower RB's have made impacts on NFL rosters starting in Year 1;

Bernard Scott-Cincy
Rashad Jennings-Jax
Tim Hightower-ARZ

mightysimi
05-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Why move him? He makes nothing and can only help. You know what you get out of Lynch but you think you will get something out of the other guys. I'll take what I know over what I think will happen anyday.

OpIv37
05-19-2010, 11:44 AM

In the past couple of years alone three other FCS and lower RB's have made impacts on NFL rosters starting in Year 1;

Bernard Scott-Cincy
Rashad Jennings-Jax
Tim Hightower-ARZ

Over that span, how many FCS and lower RB's have done absolutely nothing? Every single one except those three.

Try again.

DraftBoy
05-19-2010, 12:27 PM

Over that span, how many FCS and lower RB's have done absolutely nothing? Every single one except those three.

Try again.

Again not true, but keep thinking in your delusional little world that have any idea what you are talking about.

I picked the three with the biggest impact because you won't know the guy who only scored one or two TD's for his team this past season.

You made the stupid statement, I named you three guys so now find me 30 guys who did nothing in the NFL in the past 3 years who are RB's and from FCS and lower schools. Don't worry Ill wait for you to prove yourself correct....

OpIv37
05-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Again not true, but keep thinking in your delusional little world that have any idea what you are talking about.

I picked the three with the biggest impact because you won't know the guy who only scored one or two TD's for his team this past season.

You made the stupid statement, I named you three guys so now find me 30 guys who did nothing in the NFL in the past 3 years who are RB's and from FCS and lower schools. Don't worry Ill wait for you to prove yourself correct....
Thanks for making my point. I can't find 30 because most FCS or lower RB's never even MAKE the NFL. And most RB's who contribute are DI guys. So, it's the exception to the rule. I can't believe I even have to argue this. You are really showing your small school bias here.

Mr. Miyagi
05-19-2010, 12:37 PM
On the other hand, how many players from big D1 schools coming out every year and do NOTHING for their teams? I bet you the percentage is pretty high.

OpIv37
05-19-2010, 12:41 PM
On the other hand, how many players from big D1 schools coming out every year and do NOTHING for their teams? I bet you the percentage is pretty high.
Agreed. Being D1 doesn't guarantee success. But what if that happens to Spiller? We'd be dumb o move Lynch and count on Bell. All I'm saying is that it's far too early to be touting Bell as Lynch's replacement. It's possible, but it's a long shot.

acehole
05-19-2010, 12:44 PM

Enough of the **** fighting. If bell is real deal and can be the clock eater we need to spell Jackson/spiller then he (lynch) is expendable. His value can be debated all day. I would say a high pick for a contender and a lower pick for all else. Anywhere from a 3-5....or better yet for a player in a need position...like back up nose or LB or LT or any decent ol prospect.

DraftBoy
05-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks for making my point. I can't find 30 because most FCS or lower RB's never even MAKE the NFL. And most RB's who contribute are DI guys. So, it's the exception to the rule. I can't believe I even have to argue this. You are really showing your small school bias here.

Refusing to back up your own statements? Wow Op, even you usually argue better than this. Continue to back away from it slowly, don't worry nobody else is noticing...

OpIv37
05-19-2010, 12:50 PM

Refusing to back up your own statements? Wow Op, even you usually argue better than this. Continue to back away from it slowly, don't worry nobody else is noticing...

I need to back up the statement that most FCS or lower RB's don't make the NFL? Really? Really?

DraftBoy
05-19-2010, 12:52 PM
I need to back up the statement that most FCS or lower RB's don't make the NFL? Really? Really?

No you need to back up your 10:1 ratio, which I have been talking about the whole time, since you don't speak in generalities after all.

OpIv37
05-19-2010, 12:57 PM
No you need to back up your 10:1 ratio, which I have been talking about the whole time, since you don't speak in generalities after all.

alright, fine- I can't back up the 10-1 ratio. Or maybe I could but I'm too busy/lazy to do the research. But honestly, small-school guys like this fail a lot more than they succeed. I'm really not going out on a limb by saying that. Hell, there are something like 120 teams in Div 1-A and majority of those guys never do anything in the NFL just because of the numbers game.

All I'm saying is that Bell is a long shot, and Fred Jackson's success doesn't make Bell's success any more or less likely.

madness
05-19-2010, 01:10 PM
alright, fine- I can't back up the 10-1 ratio. Or maybe I could but I'm too busy/lazy to do the research. But honestly, small-school guys like this fail a lot more than they succeed. I'm really not going out on a limb by saying that. Hell, there are something like 120 teams in Div 1-A and majority of those guys never do anything in the NFL just because of the numbers game.

All I'm saying is that Bell is a long shot, and Fred Jackson's success doesn't make Bell's success any more or less likely.

I wish I remember where I read it but there was great article on how small school players are starting to fuel the NFL and big time players are now just as likely to come from a small school as opposed to a "big" program with scouts now being more thorough to find talent which may have had been overlooked in the past.

Prepare to see stories like Joe Flacco become more common in the NFL.

EDS
05-19-2010, 01:24 PM

Bernard Scott-Cincy
Rashad Jennings-Jax
Tim Hightower-ARZ

In fairness to OP, each of those guys was actually drafted I believe (5th or 6th round for each, with Scott and Jennings being a little bit old for college prospects I think) as opposed to being undrafted free agents. Bell, on the other hand, was undrafted out of college so he has one more hurdle to get over than those guys, in some respects.

Maybe - and this is just me speculating - the 2010 draft was just deeper than 2009 or 2008 so a small school back like Bell gets passed over entirely whereas in years past he might have made it into the sixth round. In the end, it is hard to say why none of the teams wanted him in the draft. It is equally hard to be confident any undrafted free agent could replace the production of a guy like Lynch.

Bill Cody
05-19-2010, 01:40 PM
The fact that everyone knows he wants out, the fact that everyone knows we want him out, the fact that he already has 1 strike against him, his lack of production last year, his 1st round money contract, all work to reduce ML's value. Add to that teams that wanted a RB either signed, traded or drafted one already.

So it will take an injury for ANY team to come knocking and even then we won't get fair value. It is what it is. I would flat out refuse to move him for less than a 4th because he's more valuable to us than anything less than that. But in my opinion the 1st team to offer us a 4th gets Lynch bus fare out of Buffalo.

mightysimi
05-19-2010, 01:41 PM
I think what is being overlooked is that how will we know if Bell is any good? In shorts? In preseason with 3 guys ahead of him on the depth chart? He will be playing against guys that will be working at Taco Bell in a few weeks. The only way is to see him in live competition so if Lynch is dealt outright maybe but, if not, he is mostly likely practice squad bound.

mightysimi
05-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Comparitively, his contract is light. Like 1 or 1.5 for base salaries. That is far from unmoveable.

DraftBoy
05-19-2010, 02:50 PM
I think what is being overlooked is that how will we know if Bell is any good? In shorts? In preseason with 3 guys ahead of him on the depth chart? He will be playing against guys that will be working at Taco Bell in a few weeks. The only way is to see him in live competition so if Lynch is dealt outright maybe but, if not, he is mostly likely practice squad bound.

Nobody knows, all we have is his tape and his numbers.

He wasn't just a small school player because several DI programs thought he was good enough to play at their level (Michigan and Michigan State).

Does this mean anything? Absolutely not, but he has been highly praised by some of the best in the business as one of the top UDFA's and many people wouldn't be surpised to see him make some noise.

mightysimi
05-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Well lets hope he gets a fair shake against at least 2nd stringers so we can see if he has the ability to play at that level.

One question I have is if he was one of the best UDFA available, why would he pick Buffalo with 2 1st round RB's and a 1000 yard rusher on the roster. Why wouldn't he pick like SD or something. Or were we the only ones to offer him a contract.

acehole
05-19-2010, 03:18 PM
The fact that everyone knows he wants out, the fact that everyone knows we want him out, the fact that he already has 1 strike against him, his lack of production last year, his 1st round money contract, all work to reduce ML's value. Add to that teams that wanted a RB either signed, traded or drafted one already.

So it will take an injury for ANY team to come knocking and even then we won't get fair value. It is what it is. I would flat out refuse to move him for less than a 4th because he's more valuable to us than anything less than that. But in my opinion the 1st team to offer us a 4th gets Lynch bus fare out of Buffalo.

This would not be dissimilar to the M Turner situation. He can be had at right price but we will keep him if we have no takers. I don't believe he is worth nothing and I don't believe he is worth a #1 or 2...but If you were the colts last year and need that one player to try and get you over the top M Lynch can do that....and alot of teams would give a # 3 or 4 to get them to that 2nd tier of the playoffs and beyond. Injury would speed that up yes but I don't think its that or nothing. I agree the points you mention lower his value but he still has great value to such a team.

DraftBoy
05-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Well lets hope he gets a fair shake against at least 2nd stringers so we can see if he has the ability to play at that level.

One question I have is if he was one of the best UDFA available, why would he pick Buffalo with 2 1st round RB's and a 1000 yard rusher on the roster. Why wouldn't he pick like SD or something. Or were we the only ones to offer him a contract.

We offered him a 3yr deal with a signing bonus.

ChristopherWalken
05-19-2010, 07:42 PM
http://blog.pfdebate.com/images/debateteamfilm.jpg

Griff
05-20-2010, 05:25 AM

waterboy or male cheerleader

Jan Reimers
05-20-2010, 06:59 AM
I don't understand the rush to move anyone in May. Let's wait until camp, evaluate all of our RBs (particularly when we will probably be primarily a running team), see where other teams' needs are at the position, and then act with at least some knowledge of the situation.

I'm glad none of the "Let's dump Lynch now" crowd is in Buddy Nix's shoes.