• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

My full draft analysis and grades

Here is my final piece of the Bills draft. Take a look and post your comments.

Bills full draft analysis
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

Re: My full draft analysis and grades

Nice job Terry
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2010

good job man

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

Nice article as always

Comment

• Mad Bomber
          • Jul 2002

Great job, Terry.

Comment

• BigZ
            • Sep 2003

Very nice Terry.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Very good writeup, couple of questions though;

-Why the high grade on Wang and the low grade on Calloway?
              -What are you thinking learning curve on Brown till he's ready? I hear Gailey said possibly in '10?
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Great analysis!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• T-Long
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  Very good writeup, couple of questions though;

-Why the high grade on Wang and the low grade on Calloway?
                  -What are you thinking learning curve on Brown till he's ready? I hear Gailey said possibly in '10?
                  The high grade on Wang is because of his performance as a LT in a great collegiate program and also has the makeup to become (with good coaching) an above average LT.

The lower grade (which was still a C) is on Calloway because he was a RT is college and doesn't project to even be a tackle in the pros. Granted, guards on the OL are important too, but I feel like if you played tackle for Iowa, then you should be good enough to play one of the tackle spots in the pros, and not have to be moved because you are better inside. If that was the case, then why was he a tackle in the first place if Kirk Ferentz is such a good coach?

I think it's crazy to think that Brown could play in 2010, especially jumping from a school like Troy to the NFL and facing those defenses in the AFC East. I can't see him being able to succeed until he gets at LEAST one good year of coaching under him and learning Gailey's offense. Do I think he deserves a shot with the other guys for the job? Absoultely. It would be wrong to at least not offer him the chance. I think Gailey wants to see what he's got with Edwards or Brohm before they go into 2011 and if they need to go get that franchise QB (ala Locker or Mallett).

Comment

• jimbledsoe
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by T-Long
                    Here is my final piece of the Bills draft. Take a look and post your comments.

Bills full draft analysis

T-Long,

I think your grading is very close to how I would grade them untill we really have a chance to see them in camp in and real games.

Thanks for your personal insight. I agree for the most part in your analysis. I am very interested in Moats and Batten. I have done some reading on these two guys and I have a great feeling.

I am a little surprised at how many small school players we acquired. I am nervous that we might be trying to outsmart other teams. But, I am happy that all of the players we picked, except for the wide reciever Easly, have a long resume of success and some domination.

I am interested to see if Brown can make the coaches think about putting him in. He seems to be a little raw but he also seems to have the tools to be successfull.

I am fired up to see how our defense and offense come together.

Go Bills!!!!!!

Comment

• lmcshadow
                      • Nov 2007

Great job T-Long..its always good to here some good things from the Bills...Its gonna be a intersting year.
                      The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.

Comment

• Spiderweb
                        ....formerly OhBF
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by T-Long
                        The high grade on Wang is because of his performance as a LT in a great collegiate program and also has the makeup to become (with good coaching) an above average LT.

The lower grade (which was still a C) is on Calloway because he was a RT is college and doesn't project to even be a tackle in the pros. Granted, guards on the OL are important too, but I feel like if you played tackle for Iowa, then you should be good enough to play one of the tackle spots in the pros, and not have to be moved because you are better inside. If that was the case, then why was he a tackle in the first place if Kirk Ferentz is such a good coach?

I think it's crazy to think that Brown could play in 2010, especially jumping from a school like Troy to the NFL and facing those defenses in the AFC East. I can't see him being able to succeed until he gets at LEAST one good year of coaching under him and learning Gailey's offense. Do I think he deserves a shot with the other guys for the job? Absoultely. It would be wrong to at least not offer him the chance. I think Gailey wants to see what he's got with Edwards or Brohm before they go into 2011 and if they need to go get that franchise QB (ala Locker or Mallett).
                        T, I agree with you on Calloway on grade, but not necessarily your reasoning stated above. He played Tackle at Iowa because he was their best option at RT. As for if you start at Iowa as a Tackle, then you should be one in the pros is baloney. Ruben Brown was drafted as a Tackle coming out of college and he was immediately moved to Guard. Brown was good in college and yes, he was good in the pros. Taking college tackle and moving them inside is very common since the tackles are generally the better O-lineman in college. If they have any size and athleticism, that where they play.
                        Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                        own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Nice write-up, with just a hint of homerism! I liked it!

Comment

• T-Long
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Spiderweb
                            T, I agree with you on Calloway on grade, but not necessarily your reasoning stated above. He played Tackle at Iowa because he was their best option at RT. As for if you start at Iowa as a Tackle, then you should be one in the pros is baloney. Ruben Brown was drafted as a Tackle coming out of college and he was immediately moved to Guard. Brown was good in college and yes, he was good in the pros. Taking college tackle and moving them inside is very common since the tackles are generally the better O-lineman in college. If they have any size and athleticism, that where they play.
                            I guess I should have explained that a bit better. This team is in dire need of tackles. If they were going to draft a tackle, no matter where in this draft, I would hope it would be for him to stay at tackle. Last time I checked, D. Bell and Cornell Green are our tackles. That is what I meant.

Comment

Working...
                            X