PDA

View Full Version : Wow! More media love for the Bills....

Arctic Wild Man
04-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Another national media talking head that sees the bigger picture and isn't focusing on just big name QB's and LT's from the draft.

Full article:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/seven-points-going-early-not-good-for-tebow

There's a new attitude in Buffalo. And I like it. Team owner Ralph Wilson, Jr. acknowledged to the media this week that the Bills have been in disarray for quite some time, but that he's had enough of it.
"You know, the Buffalo Bills (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/buffalo-bills/67039), for the last 10 years ... we've been a dull team, really dull," Wilson said. "It's no fun to go out there. And I said to one of our coaches a few years ago, 'you know, there's no excitement and we just sit here.'"
But based on comments made by Wilson, new head coach Chan Gailey, and new general manager Buddy Nix, it's obvious that players in Buffalo better wake up and help them turn things around--or start packing their bags. Both Gailey and Nix were refreshingly candid about the state of their team and the moves they were making this week to get the team back on track.
After the team surprised many people with their selection of Clemson running back C.J. Spiller--despite a depth chart that includes Fred Jackson (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/fred-jackson/419605) and Marshawn Lynch (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/marshawn-lynch/469529) and a real talent deficit at other positions--both Nix and Gailey boldly stated their case for the selection.
"We need some excitement, somebody that can make a big play and create things on their own," Nix said. "I think what I just said, and we have said this all along, we are void of big playmakers."
and when asked how he'll try to make sure that everybody is still included in the offense, he said, "I don't worry about people's feelings. I worry about scoring points. We're going to do what's best to score points and for this team to win football games. If you get people that are selfish all of the time, that's eventually going to catch up to you as a football team." And the comments from the Bills leadership team weren't just directed at players on the offensive side of the ball. After picking UCF defensive tackle Torrell Troup in the second round and Arkansas State defensive end Alex Carrington in the third round, Nix quipped, "We felt fortunate that we got some guys that will fit our defense, and hopefully we won't be knocked back four or five yards every time they (our opponents) run the ball."
The Buffalo G.M. made it clear that the team was looking for players who could step in quickly and add value to the team's results this year.
"If you take a guy who can't play, then you've compounded the problem, then you've got two who can't play," he said.
But how much progress can the Bills make this season? Probably not enough to make the playoffs, especially if they don't get better production out of their quarterback situation. Nix was realistic in his assessment that the nine picks they held in this one draft wouldn't plug all the gaps.
"In the draft, you can only take one (player) each pick, and we are in a position where they should give us about three--but they won't do that," he said.
With Nix, Gailey and Wilson fully recognizing the state of the team and being committed to making the changes necessary to bring excitement back to Buffalo, it won't be long before they're a contender again in the AFC East.

nateodoms'bff
04-25-2010, 05:45 PM
"In the draft, you can only take one (player) each pick, and we are in a position where they should give us about three--but they won't do that," he said.

What a statement. I really love Nix and Company.

And I really loved this draft. The guys that were brought in during free agency and now in the draft and UDFA, Im starting to get the feeling that a lot of the "names" on this team will be gone by the end of training camp.

Go Bills!

YardRat
04-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Clean house. Shape up, or get your **** out.

BertSquirtgum
04-25-2010, 07:29 PM
i like the sound of that. if don't want to be apart of the solution then you are apart of the problem, and we're going to cut your ass. i love it.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-25-2010, 07:34 PM
well... all of this SOUNDS good. BUT we've heard this freaking song before.
So now no more ****ting on us... actually DO it.

DMBcrew36
04-25-2010, 07:37 PM

Yea, talk is cheap. Win or get the f*** out.

Forward_Lateral
04-25-2010, 08:50 PM
:rofl: @ the getting blown off the ball 4 to 5 yards backwards every time the opposing team runs it.

Spiderweb
04-25-2010, 11:58 PM
:rofl: @ the getting blown off the ball 4 to 5 yards backwards every time the opposing team runs it.

I especially liked that comment as well. Made a statement to our "incumbents" that this will no longer be tolerated.

Join in....Goodbye Kelsay......

jamze132
04-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Listening to Nix and Gailey is so much more amusing than listening to Dick Jauron.

CoolBreeze
04-26-2010, 07:45 AM

When is the last time you heard a GM of the Bills call out players for not performing? Brandon didn't do it, Levy didn't do it, Donahoe didn't, Butler didn't, and Polian didn't. Nix is an old ball coach, that could care less what people think. He don't care about marketing, whether fans like his draft picks, or what the media writes. The fact is, he and Gailey already have made positive changes. No more TV's in the weight room for example. The free ride is over the Bills. Shape up or get out of the league.