• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Carrington - SI Scouts Called Him Best Def. Player At The Senior Bowl

Best Defensive Player in Mobile

Alex Carrington/DE/Arkansas State: Carrington came to Mobile with a complete game, which caught scouts off guard. He was fast and powerful, the latter which answered questions about his playing strength. Scouts loudly applauded Carrington each day at practice. Coming into the week he was a mid-round choice. As Senior Bowl practices end Carrington leaves a top-60 pick.

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Carrington - SI Scouts Called Him Best Def. Player At The Senior Bowl

Cool. Hope he can bring it to the next level also.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i heard kirwin mention on sirius radio that he was by far the best player they saw there. they even reiterated.. he was not just the best defensive player, but the best player overall.

after hearing that, it definately got me more pumped about the pick.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        Legendary Zoner
        • May 2009

looking at his body size and watching his videos, i came to the conclusion that he is going to be a force one day.

Comment

• elltrain22
          • Sep 2003

I haven't read one thing yet, that hasn't absolutely praised this guy. Very excited to see what this guy can do.
          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• M
            • Aug 2006

Hmmm ... maybe Nix and company do know what they are doing.
            Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
              • Feb 2009

The kid won sun belt defensive player of the year. He's legit, I have no idea why he was considered a reach.

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

Shhhhh. don't tell some of the so called experts...remember the Bills suck and don't know what they are doing...

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
                  The kid won sun belt defensive player of the year. He's legit, I have no idea why he was considered a reach.
                  We got the Sun Belt offensive and conference player of the year in this draft, too.

NEW ORLEANS - After winning the Sun Belt Conference's Offensive Player of the Week award for a record six times this season Troy's Levi Brown earned yet another honor Wednesday as the senior quarterback was named Sun Belt Conference Player of the Year. Brown highlights the 2009 All-Sun Belt Conference Football Team which was also released on Wednesday. Brown became the all-time single-season passing yardage leader in Sun Belt Conference history while leading the Trojans to their first 8-0 season in Sun Belt history and a second straight outright league crown. Brown won the Sun Belt Offensive Player of the Week award on back-to-back occasions three times this year. He also won the award for performances against UAB, Arkansas State, FIU, North Texas and Florida Atlantic.
                  Brown also garnered the Offensive Player of the Year honor for the Sun Belt Conference. Brown owns the Troy and Sun Belt Conference single-season records for passing yards (3,868) and total offense (3,887). The Troy season passing record had stood for 41 years, since Sim Byrd set the original mark of 3,569 in 1968.

Comment

• we are
                    • Oct 2008

^ He definitely looks the part atleast.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Well looking at how SDs draft went this year, maybe it isn't a stretch to say that Nix had more to do with it than some would have you believe.

This is Nix's second draft with Buffalo and I think he hit a grandslam last year, minus Dickface's Maybin pick, but I'm hoping the football god's are on our side with that one.

Comment

• New Ro's Greatest
                        • Sep 2008

I loved the pick when it was said at 1st. I think he may start from day 1! GO BILLS

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Jan 2010

carrington and troup were outstanding picks... we got the best 34 de and the best nt in the draft...

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
                            carrington and troup were outstanding picks... we got the best 34 de and the best nt in the draft...
                            I'm pretty sure 90% of people will say that Dan Williams is a better 3-4 DT than Troup.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by jamze132
                              I'm pretty sure 90% of people will say that Dan Williams is a better 3-4 DT than Troup.
                              Yeah i forgot about dan williams... troup is stronger though and maybe more stout...

Comment

Working...
                              X