PDA

View Full Version : The Trapezoid

JD
04-25-2010, 11:46 PM
McGuire made a very solid point in proposing the NHL gets rid of the trapezoid. The guy Hossa smoked into the boards wouldnt have had to hustle like that if the goalie was able to go out and play the puck. It really does make things more dangerous for the players. Sure, nobody wants pansy hockey.. but nobody wants to see guys on a stretcher either.

G Wolly
04-25-2010, 11:57 PM
It seems like there's less of a "delay of game" if the goalie can come out anywhere to play it, than waiting for a down player (i.e. Hossa on whoever it was) to get up and off the ice.

Side note, I don't blame Hossa.

Buffalogic
04-26-2010, 12:05 AM
I don't really understand why the trapezoid rule even came to be. The goalie should be able to go anywhere on the ice and also suffer the consequences if he chooses to gamble and leave the net vulnerable.

trapezeus
04-26-2010, 08:15 AM
i think it was a result of goalies going into the corner and being good stick handlers. they were able to make a decent pass without worry of being out of the net.

This way the defense has to come back and make the play.

Someone was saying the trapezoid should be the area that the goalie can't play and the rest of it should be inbounds....i found that interesting.

Either way, i can live with the rules.