PDA

View Full Version : Can this guy play LB in the 3-4?

justasportsfan
04-26-2010, 10:02 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EBVmV_MKlo8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EBVmV_MKlo8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

psubills62
04-26-2010, 10:05 AM
He should be able to. If I remember correctly, that's more of where he was projected to play in the NFL (similar to Maybin - poor scheme fit for our Tampa 2).

justasportsfan
04-26-2010, 10:08 AM
looks like he was as stud coming out of college.

Should be interesting to see camp competition at the lb'er position.

JCBills
04-26-2010, 03:53 PM
He has the size you want for LOLB. He hasn't seen the field much at all as a pro, so it's hard to say what he can and can't do.

OpIv37
04-26-2010, 03:55 PM
He has the size you want for LOLB. He hasn't seen the field much at all as a pro, so it's hard to say what he can and can't do.

that alone concerns me. It's not like the DE's we had were so great.

Oaf
04-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Man, who IS that stud? We need to get that guy into camp. Wait, he's already on our team? The last two years??

The Spaz
04-26-2010, 04:02 PM
It would be a pleasant surprise.

JCBills
04-26-2010, 04:05 PM
that alone concerns me. It's not like the DE's we had were so great.

Yeah, but for 3/4 of the time Ellis has been here he's been under Jauron, and everyone knows Kelsay was basically Jauron's homeboy. Another bad sign though, they felt the need to go DE in the 1st the next year, maybe a sign they didn't think much of Ellis. Then again, that staff was so ass-backwards, I have no idea what to make of it. Who knows, he could adjust well to the position and maybe at least end up a decent #2. Should be interesting with Ellis, Maybin, Coleman, Batten, Kelsay (should just get cut, I highly doubt he's going to do well in space), and Schobel (make up your damn mind). I was really hoping OLB in the 1st, but I guess we'll have to see what those guys can do. Only two really have the size for LOLB, and strength is a question mark for both.

Ed
04-26-2010, 04:47 PM
We really don't have anyone better right now, so we might as well at least give him a chance and see what he actually has before dumping him.