X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homeslice5484
    • Jul 2008

Why not Meredith at LT?

I know he played against backups vs Indy....but I don't think he played too bad last season when he was used. However, I am not an expert and I don't know too much about him.

Height: 6-5
    Weight:304

• THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Why not Meredith at LT?

Why not make it an open Competition and the best man wins.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
      Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
      • Jan 2010

i think wang will develop and sit for one year, while meredith and bell will compete.. bell will probably win.

Comment

• T-Long
        Circling the Wagons since 1982.
        • Sep 2003

I think the mindset is to bring in as many guys to compete as possible and let them earn the job. That is the best approach and one that they are going to implement. It's the only way to go IMO

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Meredith has LT ability and size but his feet are a little slow.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
            • Nov 2005

An open competition, at all positions, is of course the way to go.

Now, to answer the original question:

1) Looked slow at RT last year, and he's going to man the quick side?
            2) Leaned and shoved and got winded easily
            3) Much like our other offensive line replacements, he showed an overall lack of talent that was tough to ignore.

Comment

• homeslice5484
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Ron Burgundy

3) Much like our other offensive line replacements, he showed an overall lack of talent that was tough to ignore.

Interesting...I honestly could not remember much cause he didn't play all that much. I just remembered his last game vs. Indy.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Ron Burgundy

That's interesting...this same question was brought up not long ago, and it was Meredith that beat out Bell hands down.

Since I am not able to see exactly what linemen do on every play, I understood, from what I read, that he showed real promise, and would probably continue to improve.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

we need to bring in a vet here. I hope we can swing a deal for a LT before the seaosn starts

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by homeslice5484
                    Interesting...I honestly could not remember much cause he didn't play all that much. I just remembered his last game vs. Indy.
                    Notes from the 2009 Buffalo Bills offensive line:

If Demetrius Bell continues to get stronger, and if he can ever learn how to ****ing launch on a snap count properly, he should be decent.

Wood and Levitre have much more potential than any of the tackles.

Hangartner was okay. Servicable but you can find better starters. He's a good dude to have on the squad, though, because he can back up the interior line in several spots if he's not starting.

Butler's retired so bon voyage there.

Every single other player who saw the field...Kirk Chambers, Jon Scott, Jamon Meredith, Richie Incognito, Christian Gaddis, et cetera...has no business starting on anyone's offensive line and a few of them shouldn't even be second stringers. Kirk's got good value as a backup at multiple positions a la Hang, though.
                    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 04-26-2010, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                      That's interesting...this same question was brought up not long ago, and it was Meredith that beat out Bell hands down.

Since I am not able to see exactly what linemen do on every play, I understood, from what I read, that he showed real promise, and would probably continue to improve.
                      I'd love to read what you've read, if you have a link. I mean, I've read some random posters here talking about how good some of these guys look, but they're obviously insane and/or didn't watch any games.

A huge part of Bell's problem is that he's a penalty machine, and it's just crushing.

There is no doubt that Buffalo is short on quality offensive linemen, and we haven't rectified it completely yet. If we can't stay healthy, and if we don't get some good growth out of the current players, it's going to be another really, really long season offensively.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                        • Feb 2009

In four starts Meredith did not surrendor a sack so he could be a LT but I like him as the future RT. I think Bell wins the job and I just pray he gained 15 pounds of muscle and we can correct his penalties.

Comment

• homeslice5484
                          • Jul 2008

So I guess from what I read, Meredith at this point is best suited as a swing tackle to backup both spots with good potential at RT?

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

I've been saying this for a while. I love both him and Bell and feel that Meredith showed a ton of potential in his 1st season. I'm definitely intrigued with him at LT. Let them all compete for it.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                              Pinkerton's son
                              • Feb 2006

Yeah I think he played serviceably last year, which for a rook isnt bad at all, especially considering the ridiculous amount of variation our line saw last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X