PDA

View Full Version : Bills draft choices have common approach

justasportsfan
04-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Every prospect that reached the NFL level this past weekend as a draft choice had to work hard in some way shape or form to make it to the pros. Desire, dedication and determination are prerequisites to be considered for the National Football League, along with talent. Rarely however, is a team’s entire draft class made up of players whose work ethicis trumpeted as their overwhelming quality.

Bills top pick C.J. Spiller is an electrifying player. His game breaking talent is about as obvious as it gets. Having a hand in 53 touchdowns in a college career will make that pretty plain. Despite those God-given physical gifts however, Spiller’s coaches and teammates point to his work ethic as the reason he keeps getting better.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-draft-choices-have-common-approach/e1b47b04-1dfd-4ad0-b55c-0c3832923d7d

Chewytie
04-26-2010, 11:43 AM
I feel like this was a good draft for that reason. If you think about it. We threw away this season essentially. We will give all the rookies the chance to play. But next year we will draft "NFL ready" players. Most likely a QB (2nd or 3rd, depending on our QB performance this year.) a LT in the first depending on the talent. and fill in other spots that are in our fledgeling 34 D. We will be giving the work ethic guys some NFL experience and <i>maybe</i> be a playoff contender in 2012, based on how we draft. This is why I love our new FO.

psubills62
04-26-2010, 11:46 AM
We also got a lot of guys who were multiple-year starters. Easley was probably the only one who had just one year of production, though I'm not sure about Wang.

They did what they said, and really didn't look at many one-year wonders. Nix and co. really went after experienced guys.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-26-2010, 01:18 PM
one thing i found in common was every pick was extremely productive and produced at a high level. every pick except for calloway was a first team all conference! calloway was 2nd team all big ten...

justasportsfan
04-26-2010, 01:22 PM
I don't think camp this year will be anything like Club Jauron .

Pinkerton Security
04-26-2010, 01:23 PM
I don't think camp this year will be anything like Club Jauron .

god i hope not..

Forward_Lateral
04-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Finally things are appearing to start to change. No more prima-donnas. No more morons who can't spell Buffalo, or think it's an hour from New York city. No more gold-toothed idiots with dread locks who run fat chicks over on Chippewa st.

The biggest change: No more pussieness and lazyness. If you don't work as hard as you possibly can, you'll be history, and that's how it should be.

mayotm
04-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Shouldn't somebody be jumping in here and informing us that this is just another fluff piece by Brown, the Bills suck, they will always suck, etc?

ddaryl
04-26-2010, 03:53 PM
No more gold-toothed idiots with dread locks who run fat chicks over on Chippewa st.

bummer we could actually use a couple more of these. Buffalo is being over run by fat chicks