X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewytie
    • Feb 2009

Brown will be our starter...

Okay, before everyone hates me, the way I see it...

Training camp:
    All four QB's are present. Edwards Brohm and Brown show up and do really well getting them the 1, 2 and 3 spots respectively.

Pre-season:
    Okay, follow me here. Edwards has won the starting job. So he is only playing in select situations. Brohm, being our number two guy is getting more reps in the preseason than Brown (expected.) In game two or three of the preseason Brohm will get knocked out. (Not sure how, but it will happen.) So the last two Preseason games will be both Edwards and Brown. Brown really starts showing up in the last two games, calling up the question of who should start. Chan decides that Edwards will be our guy for the season.

Season:
    Edwards come out in the first two games looking good. But in game three Trent will either get another concussion or get knocked out in some way (this isn't unrealistic. He has become a glass quarterback as we all know.) Thus forcing Chan to call up Brown. (Brohm will most likely be ready to go, but based on what Brown showed in the preseason Chan is comfortable giving Brown a chance.) At this point the Depth chart is:
    Levi Brown
    Brian Brohm
    Trent Edwards (injured)
    Levi continues to be a decent QB. With his mobility giving a little leeway to our O-line. And with Spiller in the backfield allowing Brown the checkdown.

This is how I see the beginning of the season panning out, not worst case scenario, but with how much bad luck we tend to have. I see this happening, but I don't have much of a problem with it.
    /Pensive
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Brown will be our starter...

I don't see that at all.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Don't think it will be this year but I can see him being our qb next year.
      Last edited by justasportsfan; 04-26-2010, 12:10 PM.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
        The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
        • Feb 2005

gosh just becasue we drafted a qb does not mean the guy is any good. when was the last time a 7th round qb was ever heard from again after a draft?
        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Chewytie
          • Feb 2009

It's not a definite, but I look back to the bad to the bad luck we had last season, (with the second Patriots game especially.)
          /Pensive

Comment

• seanbillsfan
            • May 2007

highly unlikely

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

Why don't we wait until we see him in TC and preseason before we start making annointments or predictions...

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

I highly doubt it. They'll bring him along real slow...

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                  • Feb 2009

What we have to hope is he shows a ton of ability so he can start next year. We took a flyer on this kid. Either he's someone we groom to be our guy or we draft his replacement next year. Frankly I just hope we can tap into Brohms potential.

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

I don't see how Brown is possibly a better prospect then Brohm just because he's new and shiny.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                      This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                      • Feb 2009

Prediction: We dont see Brown take a meaningful snap this season.
                      True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

I predict:

All the downtown ladies will call him Treetop Lover.

All the men will call him sir.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

Not many late round QB's play at all...even guys like Tony Romo, whom everyone knew might be a player for the Cowboys down the road, had to wait and learn before they were just thrust into the lineup.

Not saying it will never happen because 1) We're the Bills and anything could happen and 2) our other QB's arent exactly world-beaters, but this is extremely unlikely.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Chewytie
                            Okay, before everyone hates me, the way I see it...

Training camp:
                            All four QB's are present. Edwards Brohm and Brown show up and do really well getting them the 1, 2 and 3 spots respectively.

Pre-season:
                            Okay, follow me here. Edwards has won the starting job. So he is only playing in select situations. Brohm, being our number two guy is getting more reps in the preseason than Brown (expected.) In game two or three of the preseason Brohm will get knocked out. (Not sure how, but it will happen.) So the last two Preseason games will be both Edwards and Brown. Brown really starts showing up in the last two games, calling up the question of who should start. Chan decides that Edwards will be our guy for the season.

Season:
                            Edwards come out in the first two games looking good. But in game three Trent will either get another concussion or get knocked out in some way (this isn't unrealistic. He has become a glass quarterback as we all know.) Thus forcing Chan to call up Brown. (Brohm will most likely be ready to go, but based on what Brown showed in the preseason Chan is comfortable giving Brown a chance.) At this point the Depth chart is:
                            Levi Brown
                            Brian Brohm
                            Trent Edwards (injured)
                            Levi continues to be a decent QB. With his mobility giving a little leeway to our O-line. And with Spiller in the backfield allowing Brown the checkdown.

This is how I see the beginning of the season panning out, not worst case scenario, but with how much bad luck we tend to have. I see this happening, but I don't have much of a problem with it.
                            we are wearing different glasses.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Jan 2010

dude edwards will be our starter, he had **** for a offensive coordinator and **** for a oline because of all the injuries... edwards will get one more shot... i expect brown to beat out brohm simply because he is a better prospect... brohm was beat out by matt lynn for christ sake. he sucks... brown is a developmental prospect. fitz is a perfect backup for us because he can play in really bad weather...

Comment

Working...
                              X