PDA

View Full Version : nfl network just reported...

NOT THE DUDE...
04-26-2010, 06:30 PM
that the bills or bears will probably sign flozell adams this week...

i wonder what this means for bell meredith and wang... one of them wont make the team... we already have sean allen and kyle calloway as backups inside...

Scumbag College
04-26-2010, 06:32 PM
He'd be an improvement for maybe a year or two. He would definitely start on the Bills if he could stay healthy for 2010.

Not the long term answer but better than anything the Bills have right now.

Don't Panic
04-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Giant one year band-aid if he makes it through camp. If we can't swing something reasonable for Jammal Brown or Gaither, I'd be for it.

T-Long
04-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Flozell Adams is a huge upgrade over any tackle that we have on the roster. I'd love the pickup. Granted, he does commit a lot of dumb penalties, but I still see him as a major upgrade. Get it done.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-26-2010, 06:52 PM
I agree, this would be great for a 2 year band aid. I understand wanting to rather play in chicago but buffalo is a much better fit for Flozell. Him in Martz system just doesn't fit his skill set.

BillsWin
04-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Would be a very solid pick up and allow Wang to get coached up to eventually take over at left tackle and Bell could kick over to the right side where I think he could be somewhat successful.

I think it would be a great pick, especially if we can't get Brown or Gaither for a good price.

Adams would help patch up one of our bigger weaknesses and help us be a little better offensively.

cpearl
04-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Road grader offensive line for Spiller and FJ to run behind.

YardRat
04-26-2010, 06:58 PM
i wonder what this means for bell meredith and wang...

Nothing if he signs with Chicago.

cpearl
04-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Gailey drafted him when he was Dallas' HC - maybe this gives us an advantage.

SquishDaFish
04-26-2010, 07:00 PM
I hope he does sign with us

BILLSROCK1212
04-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Of course he'll go to the Bears...hope I'm wrong.

jimbohastle51
04-26-2010, 08:31 PM
neither team is really any good and at least we have the coach that drafted him into the league as our coach. plus no draft pick compensation for adams!

New Ro's Greatest
04-26-2010, 08:45 PM
For a 2 year deal why not? GO BILLS:D:

mysticsoto
04-26-2010, 08:45 PM
that the bills or bears will probably sign flozell adams this week...

i wonder what this means for bell meredith and wang... one of them wont make the team... we already have sean allen and kyle calloway as backups inside...

Wang goes to the PS in that scenario. There's really no other way it could be. Wang is nowhere close to where Bell and Meredith are at this point. That being said, going to the PS wouldn't necessarily be a horrible thing...

Dr. Lecter
04-26-2010, 09:01 PM
I really don't care if Meredith stays or goes.

To me he is like Stupar or Steve Johnson - a depth guy people drool over.

ServoBillieves
04-26-2010, 09:53 PM
(Left to Right) Adams, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Bell/Meredith.
QB: Edwards/Brohm
HB: Spiller/Jackson/Lynch
TE: Schouman/Nelson
WR: Evans, Hardy/Easely/Johnson, Jackson

... Looks a hell of a lot better doesn't it?

WeAreArthurMoates
04-26-2010, 09:59 PM
I really don't care if Meredith stays or goes.

To me he is like Stupar or Steve Johnson - a depth guy people drool over.

No way, Meredith needs to stay, he will develop into a good RT.

Oaf
04-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Meredith was head and shoulders better than Bell last year.

Prediction: We won't sign Adams.

BertSquirtgum
04-26-2010, 10:57 PM
i'd rather have bell play. adams is 35 on may 18th. that's ancient for a left tackle. on plays they do decide to pass on, is he going to be able to move quick enough to stop these fast defensive ends at 6'7 338lbs????? if they do sign him. i think one of the younger guys will beat him out.

Mike13
04-26-2010, 11:09 PM
He's old and done, but anything that makes the Bills awful OL weaker is fine by me.

jamze132
04-27-2010, 02:02 AM
I wouls rather try to trade for Gaither.

Buddo
04-27-2010, 05:09 AM
I rather suspect it may not make any difference at all. I think the Bills under Nix and Gailey will be looking at keeping their big bodies available. If we are going to be 'run first', then expect us to be keeping fewer WRs. We will also probably only keep 3 outright STs guys. Kicker, Punter and Long Snapper.

NC-BILLS44
04-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Adams commits too many penalties. No thanks.

justasportsfan
04-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Isn't this guy a dirtbag?

trapezeus
04-27-2010, 09:26 AM
is adams another name for penis? am i missing something?

Mahdi
04-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Adams commits too many penalties. No thanks.
He is a solid pass blocker and an excellent run blocker. Adams would be a huge upgrade over any OT we have. Who cares about a few penalties.

Mahdi
04-27-2010, 10:15 AM
is adams another name for penis? am i missing something?
We should bring Peters back... Peters - Levitre - Hang - Wood - Wang

patmoran2006
04-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Anyone else see this report?

I haven't heard anything about this,a nd I pretty much have had my big ears to the ground..

(also still recovering from being sick)

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2010, 10:30 AM
mike lombardi said it yesterday...

Bill Cody
04-27-2010, 10:30 AM
He's old and he's a penalty machine.

But he's also a huge upgrade over what we have.

ddaryl
04-27-2010, 10:33 AM
He's old and he's a penalty machine.

But he's also a huge upgrade over what we have.

I not so sure. When you're this old and slowing down is it really worth it ?

I'd rather we just let our guys get the reps, I don't think he can bring enough to the table..

I think I'd rahter persue Jammal Brown from New Orleans if we're bringing in a vet.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-27-2010, 10:36 AM

I'd rather we just let our guys get the reps, I don't think he can bring enough to the table..

I think I'd rahter persue Jammal Brown from New Orleans if we're bringing in a vet.

It is for the fact he's a big upgrade over Bell (who probably wont be ready till midseason anyways) and he will let Wang develop (who I think they most def see as their future LT). This also allows Meredith to develop to be the RT (which i think he will become a good one).

Also Adams was still ranked the 6th best run blocker.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2010, 10:41 AM
It is for the fact he's a big upgrade over Bell (who probably wont be ready till midseason anyways) and he will let Wang develop (who I think they most def see as their future LT). This also allows Meredith to develop to be the RT (which i think he will become a good one).

Also Adams was still ranked the 6th best run blocker.

where are r u getting your info... bell and wood will be ready to go by camp...wtf?

WeAreArthurMoates
04-27-2010, 10:47 AM
where are r u getting your info... bell and wood will be ready to go by camp...wtf?

I know Wood would be but I thought Bell would take longer. Reguardless, Bell sucks and should be the fifth tackle on this team if we get Flo.

HAMMER
04-27-2010, 10:50 AM

Bell may be able to play...but at what level? You are kidding yourself if you think his knee will be even close to 100% by the start of the season. Coming back fully from a blown knee takes two years, regardless of what the player might say, and they all say it.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Bell may be able to play...but at what level? You are kidding yourself if you think his knee will be even close to 100% by the start of the season. Coming back fully from a blown knee takes two years, regardless of what the player might say, and they all say it.

bell didnt blow out his knee... i think he only tore his meniscus... let me check...

OpIv37
04-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Isn't this guy a dirtbag?

Arguably, but beggars can't be choosers.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2010, 11:28 AM
yeah he did have a scope and a torn acl... thats usually 8 months to recover from and takes time to get ready... he got hurt in late nov... so... dec through july is 8 months...

well we better sign flozell adams and put bell on pup...

Griz78
04-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Link to video of Lombardi talking about Flozell Adams and Bills.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d817d095d/Around-the-League

justasportsfan
04-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Arguably, but beggars can't be choosers.
I hear ya! Doesn't seem like a Nix move since he supposedly cares about character and we also cut that guy that the fins picked up.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2010, 11:31 AM
adams
levitre
hang
wood
green

wang
calloway
allen/gaddis
calloway
meredith

bell pup...

chambers will back up at guard if wood needs another 2 months or so... calloway would start at guard...

WeAreArthurMoates
04-27-2010, 11:41 AM
I hear ya! Doesn't seem like a Nix move since he supposedly cares about character and we also cut that guy that the fins picked up.

I think it has more to do with locker room attitude. Incognito was not well liked, Flozell is at least a good locker room guy.

Bill Cody
04-27-2010, 11:46 AM

You have to be realistic. Bell is coming off a major injury and he was quite shaky when he was healthy. Wang is a project that is probably practice squad material. Jammal Brown will take a 2nd round pick to acquire. Is that worth it? Could be, I would not be flatly opposed to that. But the status quo is not acceptable IMO. I believe Adams can still play. No longer at a pro bowl level true but there's a helluva long way between pro bowl and what we have now.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2010, 11:48 AM
i think meredith might start at LT........................................... OHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO

justasportsfan
04-27-2010, 11:52 AM
I think it has more to do with locker room attitude. Incognito was not well liked, Flozell is at least a good locker room guy.
what good is locker room attitude if you ruin it on the field? Aren't you suppose to lead by example on the field too?

PS- not against it

ddaryl
04-27-2010, 11:56 AM
I know Wood would be but I thought Bell would take longer. Reguardless, Bell sucks and should be the fifth tackle on this team if we get Flo.

Sorry Bell doesn't suck as bad as you and others think. He struggled some but he wasn't a total failure. I would like to upgrade him but not with a 35 year old.

A 35 year old LT is useless here. Let Meredith Bell and Lang compete... Or trade for a LT with some mileage left in the tank but screw this 35 year old LT BS....

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2010, 11:58 AM
We should bring Peters back... Peters - Levitre - Hang - Wood - Wang
:rofl: That would be a riot.

The Buffalo Dicks.

justasportsfan
04-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Let Meredith Bell and Lang compete... ...

I don't think K.D. LAng can play LT.

HAMMER
04-27-2010, 12:05 PM
The Hotel still has plenty left in the Tank, it would be a major upgrade.

ddaryl
04-27-2010, 12:11 PM
I don't think K.D. LAng can play LT.

LOL@myself

Langs and Wangs Get them straight dumbass

ddaryl
04-27-2010, 12:11 PM
:rofl: That would be a riot.

The Buffalo Dicks.

We need to trade Hangartner for a Johnson then .. or a Richards

Bill Cody
04-27-2010, 12:13 PM
A 35 year old LT is useless here.

Useless in what sense? That he's not going to lead us to the Super Bowl so if not why not play young guys? Yeah, ok if that's your stance I sort of get that. But if the idea is to win as many games as we can THIS YEAR than no he's not useless he's 2 wins worth useful IMO. No way in hell anyone can convince me Adams isn't a significant upgrade over what we've got. I would be more receptive to your argument if Bell wasn't coming off a major injury.

ddaryl
04-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Useless in what sense? That he's not going to lead us to the Super Bowl so if not why not play young guys? Yeah, ok if that's your stance I sort of get that. But if the idea is to win as many games as we can THIS YEAR than no he's not useless he's 2 wins worth useful IMO. No way in hell anyone can convince me Adams isn't a significant upgrade over what we've got. I would be more receptive to your argument if Bell wasn't coming off a major injury.

Then trade for Jammal Brown of Gaither, but don't waste time with Adams...

Personally I don't care much about wins at all this year. We are not going to the playoffs and if we did we would be quickly eliminated. What I care about is seeing our team become more consistent and get the reps necessary to become a solid young team

I don't think a 35 year old LT is an upside to much of anything :bringit:

ddaryl
04-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Here's our next LT

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=172304&id=4154

A former 1st round pick.... You don't see young 1st rd T released like this guy

Bill Cody
04-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Then trade for Jammal Brown of Gaither, but don't waste time with Adams...

Personally I don't care much about wins at all this year. We are not going to the playoffs and if we did we would be quickly eliminated. What I care about is seeing our team become more consistent and get the reps necessary to become a solid young team

I don't think a 35 year old LT is an upside to much of anything :bringit:

I'll be honest I am leary of trading picks away right now because we will not win a lot of games this year so who knows what they're worth. Adams costs us nothing and leaving aside the win now thing he is an actual NFL tackle that will keep our QB and shiny new RB from getting KILLED. With our situation it's kind of a no brainer.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2010, 05:09 PM
im all for trading for jammal brown or jared gaither, but that pick cant be a top 3 round pick. the highest pick i would probably give up would be a 5th... we need our picks...

we should just sign flozell for one year and then have bell take over being 100% healthy and more polished...