PDA

View Full Version : Tuuka Rask got a nice break during the Olympics - but of course OUR goalie didn't

Cleve
04-26-2010, 07:38 PM
If the Sabres drop this series, I'm laying part of the blame on Miller being distracted by the Olympics, and playing at Stanley Cup Levels for two weeks in February, and being a bit worn and frazzled now, when it counts, instead of during the useless, worthless Olympics.

Tuuka Rask is doing a superb job in the Bruins net - of course he got a vacation in February - he didn't go 'all out' for two weeks. :(

LtFinFan66
04-26-2010, 07:47 PM
nice excuse

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-26-2010, 07:49 PM
That is the dumbest thing I think I have seen here. This is a joke right?

How about being out played, out hit, and a power play that is pathetic.

SquishDaFish
04-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Dont make excuses bro. This series really isnt really his fault anyway.

Good series of good games guys. Keep heads up

TacklingDummy
04-26-2010, 08:43 PM
I haven't followed hockey in a few years, last time I followed it the Sabres had a hard time scoring goals, that still the problem?

Cleve
04-26-2010, 08:44 PM
So you don't think that a goalie getting a two week vacation in February, and playing fewer games, improves the goalie's effectiveness in the championship series?

SquishDaFish
04-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Come on man that is not the reason the Sabres lost. Stop making dumb excuses.

LtFinFan66
04-26-2010, 08:45 PM
So you don't think that a goalie getting a two week vacation in February, and playing fewer games, improves the goalie's effectiveness in the championship series?no

chernobylwraiths
04-26-2010, 08:46 PM
More crap. Quit making excuses.

Cleve
04-26-2010, 08:46 PM
That is the dumbest thing I think I have seen here. This is a joke right?

How about being out played, out hit, and a power play that is pathetic.

I said one factor among others. Obviously, the non-existent power play (what, ZERO goals in 18 or 19 P.Ps!?) is big. But if your goalie is fresher, and can stop one or two extra goals - I can't believe it isn't a factor.

SquishDaFish
04-26-2010, 08:49 PM
:lmao:

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-26-2010, 08:50 PM
no

+1

Cleve
04-26-2010, 08:56 PM
I said back in February that it was foolish for Miller to expend himself in the Olympics and that it could hurt us in the playoffs.

And golly gee, Sabres out in the first round.

Clearly, some of you are slow on the uptake. I'm probably addressing a lot of B and C students here, maybe even some C- and D 'scholars' so I'll go over this point by point until you grok it.

Canadian'eh!
04-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Luongo into round 2

Halak carrying the Habs.

keep trying.

chernobylwraiths
04-26-2010, 09:07 PM
I said back in February that it was foolish for Miller to expend himself in the Olympics and that it could hurt us in the playoffs.

And golly gee, Sabres out in the first round.

Clearly, some of you are slow on the uptake. I'm probably addressing a lot of B and C students here, maybe even some C- and D 'scholars' so I'll go over this point by point until you grok it.

Um, Miller played exceptionally well this series. His team let him down. Again.

BlackMetalNinja
04-27-2010, 06:51 AM
The excuse would make a lot more sense if Rask had even played all season... but he didn't. He played 45 games to Miller's 69 during the regular season.

At any rate, that is FAR from the reason Buffalo lost this series.

don137
04-27-2010, 06:54 AM
This is rediculous. Look at how inept Buffalo speacial teams was during the series. That was one of the main reasons they will be golfing this weekend and not playing hockey. Miller has nothing to do with an inept power play that failed to scored in 6 games.

Cleve
04-27-2010, 07:09 AM
As I stated in my first post, it was a contributing factor, not the only factor.

I suppose it doesn't really matter, because the Bruins aren't going far in the playoffs, and neither would the Sabres if they had won.

ddaryl
04-27-2010, 07:58 AM
LOL!

The Sabres are a weak team with not enough of "it" to win in the playoffs

trapezeus
04-27-2010, 08:28 AM
the only problem with miller playing in the olympics is that he got a taste of what a real team in front of him is like.

then he comes back to soft city and realizes, "this ain't worth it man. no one is going to fight for anyone. no one is digging in the corners."

Rumpleforeskin
04-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Yeah this wasn't Millers fault in the slightest...if it was an issue with fatigue then your coaching staff should have rested him for a few games before the season started.

Rask only posted slightly better #'s anyways, Rask's .927 sv% to Millers .926

G Wolly
04-27-2010, 01:26 PM
It was Miller's fault that our guys couldn't put up more than 2 goals in 4 out of 6 games.

It was Miller's fault that his defense hung him out to dry more than they should have.

It was Miller's fault that our team couldn't match the physicality that the Bruins were bringing.

It was Miller's fault that we couldn't convert ONE powerplay into a goal.

This thread is ****ing stupid.