04-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Ellis
Grier (could be pondering retirement)
LaLime
Lydman
Mair
Tallinder
Torres

I would think that the Sabres would keep Tallinder because of Myers tandem, Mair will take a hometown discount and Ellis the same.

Dr. Lecter
04-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Ellis
LaLime
Lydman
Mair
Tallinder
Torres

I would think that the Sabres would keep Tallinder because of Myers tandem, Mair will take a hometown discount and Ellis the same.
Mair and Ellis are league minimum guy so there is no discount.

Tallinder will get way overpaid somewhere because he was so dominant at times this year and has done it in the past. he is gone.

I would like Grier back, but no more than a one year deal - he is getting very slow.

Really, most of them are guys I don't care if they come back. Ellis and Mair can be 4th line guys so maybe bring one of them back on a one year deal. But McCormick can be a 4th line guy next year with Kaleta.

Philagape
04-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Torres never scored as a Sabre.

Even for Buffalo, I can think of no equivalent fiasco.

OpIv37
04-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Ellis
LaLime
Lydman
Mair
Tallinder
Torres

Keep Tallinder.
Keep Ellis OR Mair and let Grier retire (he really has slowed down). I'd rather have Mair.

Maybe keep Lydman only so Butler and Sekera both don't have to play every night.

Torres and Lalime: gone.

JD
04-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Keep Grier and Tallinder. Grier is a Penalty Killing machine, well at least he was for the season.

clumping platelets
04-26-2010, 11:10 PM
We will need to keep one of the d-men

I'd bring back Grier,Torres, McCormick,Mair, and Ellis

Get rid of Connolly and Stafford

Michael82
04-27-2010, 02:39 AM
I'd definitely bring back Tallinder and Grier. I also like Mair.

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2010, 05:35 AM
We will need to keep one of the d-men

I'd bring back Grier,Torres, McCormick,Mair, and Ellis

Get rid of Connolly and Stafford

Mair and Ellis? Both? Why?

And Torres over Connolly? Are you serious? Not that I care if Connolly goes, but Torres did nothing. Even less than Timmy.

Why keep him?

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2010, 05:38 AM
To the people who want Tallinder back - Last year Spacek got almost 4 million per year. Tallinder is a better player. He will probably get around 4.5 million per. I doubt he is coming back.

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2010, 05:47 AM
Ellis
Grier
LaLime
Lydman
Mair
Tallinder
Torres

Of this list, I would like Mair and Grier. Ellis is a dime a dozen player, though he is the type you need in the playoffs. We will be getting another backup goalie that won't be used enough (hopefully Biron), I hate Lydman, Torres will probably cost too much for the lack of production (though I also think he was used poorly). I like how Tallinder played this past season, but he will probably cost too much.

I think if Darcy is still around that we WILL resign:
Ellis
Grier
Lydman
and actually make an effort at signing Tallinder

SabreEleven
04-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Too bad Roy and Pussyville isn't on that list.

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Too bad Roy and Pussyville isn't on that list.

Pussyville was way better in the series than Connolly (which is not a compliment)

RockStar36
04-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Besides Mair, they can all walk. I have nothing against Ellis, but I think I'd rather fill that roster spot with McCormick, although I believe he's a UFA as well.

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2010, 11:02 AM
Besides Mair, they can all walk. I have nothing against Ellis, but I think I'd rather fill that roster spot with McCormick, although I believe he's a UFA as well.

Sadly, I like Mair as well, but if Regier is still GM, I doubt Mair stays. They already put him on waivers last year and tried to trade him.

RockStar36
04-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Sadly, I like Mair as well, but if Regier is still GM, I doubt Mair stays. They already put him on waivers last year and tried to trade him.

I agreed with the decision at the time and he was pretty useless for most of the season, however he might have earned his spot in the playoffs.