PDA

View Full Version : No PP

G Wolly
04-26-2010, 10:06 PM
That about sums up this team.

No PP.

No balls.

If we keep the same cast again and Darcy's stupid ass thinks we can just do it next season with the same guys, I'm setting his house on fire.

Connolly goes first.

OpIv37
04-26-2010, 10:09 PM
I'd ditch Pominville before Connolly. Pominville did a little better in the playoffs but was non-existent in the regular season. He's been invisible since he's had to come out from Drury and Briere's shadow.

Michael82
04-27-2010, 12:49 AM
I'd get rid of Timmy in a heartbeat! He's the biggest example of what's wrong with the Sabres. He's more fragile and injury prone than Rob Johnson, plus he's a pussy and is afraid to get hit. Not to mention he passes the puck over and over again but doesn't seem to have the balls to shoot it in the net. Oh and isn't he scoreless in .the last 22 playoff games? That's ****ing pathetic! :mad:

don137
04-27-2010, 06:58 AM
I'd ditch Pominville before Connolly. Pominville did a little better in the playoffs but was non-existent in the regular season. He's been invisible since he's had to come out from Drury and Briere's shadow.

I agree that I would get rid of Pominville over Connolly but I thought Pominville was putrid in the playoffs. He made soft passes/turnovers that led to Boston goals, could not control the puck and hurt the team far more that helped the team.
I know Connolly was not good but I think he played less than 100% and was not in game shape and it showed. At least Connolly produces points when healthy.

SabreEleven
04-27-2010, 08:59 AM
One of the stupidiest statements I ever heard was when Rick and Harry mentioned how bad the Sabres powerplay has been all series long and they couldn't believe it...Really?

This isn't your first trip on this merry-go-round...You've been doing hockey games for a long time. The Sabres PP has been bad for about....oh....3 years now and you are surprised that it sucked in the playoffs? Not really a shocker, boys. I know you have to be company boys but that is just ridiculous...

Michael82
04-27-2010, 09:22 AM
We need a new special teams coach! our PP and PK sucks ASS! :mad:

trapezeus
04-27-2010, 09:32 AM
but this was amazingly bad. being 3-19 on the PP is bad. but 0-19? that's just unheard of.

Literally, if they go 1-19, they win this series. i go back to game 2, on the powerplay, roy walked around the blue line and passed it to vanek who passed it back. roy didn't get it through the pads. if they did, they would have gone up 3-0 in the first in HSBC. no way they return let up from there.

Thats the 1 goal they needed on the powerplay and the series is over.

But i guess if the silver lining is that pominville and his diaper pants get out of here, then losing in the first round was worth it.

I'm ok with keeping connelly, since he has 1 more year. He was painfully disappointing. never moving his legs, didn't have the dangle going...it was awful

but pominville, even though he had two goals, was really all about the blind backhand soft pass in our zone to no one. And then it seemed like everyone wanted to do that. It was awful. He is not a playoff hockey guy when you've created a very small team.

mchurchfie
04-27-2010, 11:27 AM
We should try and trade Pommers and Timmuh tp PAWS for a pitbull and a new doghouse for Ruff. They can doing something more atune to their personalities like saving puppies or something.

RockStar36
04-27-2010, 11:40 AM
There is no way possible that anybody on the Sabres roster was worse than Connolly in these playoffs.

He was non-existent on the score sheet and he made a series of horrendous decisions while on the ice.

He was by far the worst.

SabreEleven
04-27-2010, 01:20 PM
At least Connolly was coming off an injury and had no time to prepare. Did Roy even dress for the games? Pominville had his two goals gift wrapped for him? Where were the other scorers on this team?

G Wolly
04-27-2010, 01:23 PM
At least Connolly was coming off an injury and had no time to prepare.

Give me a break. Vanek came back last night after an injury and still may not have been 100% healthy and still scored a goal.

Connolly is worthless and injury prone. Time to go.

mchurchfie
04-27-2010, 02:56 PM
At least Connolly was coming off an injury and had no time to prepare. Did Roy even dress for the games? Pominville had his two goals gift wrapped for him? Where were the other scorers on this team?
That's no excuse for all of his mental errors.

rbochan
04-27-2010, 04:41 PM
But... but... I enjoy watching Timmay on the power play... holding the puck for 42 seconds, skating around in a circle, then giving it up for a breakaway for the shorthanded team.

SabreEleven
04-27-2010, 04:50 PM
But... but... I enjoy watching Timmay on the power play... holding the puck for 42 seconds, skating around in a circle, then giving it up for a breakaway for the shorthanded team.

He learned that trick from Roy and Pominville.

RockStar36
04-27-2010, 06:39 PM

Wow. This is really sad.

Gift wrapped goals? AT LEAST HE SCORED. Connolly couldn't even muster a decent scoring chance.

Meanwhile Grier, Kaleta, Ellis, Ennis, Gerbe, Mair all managed goals. Funny how that works.

And I know Roy didn't score either, he isn't exempt from this, but at least he attempted to contribute in a positive fashion. Connolly was so horrendous last night that I have no idea how he wasn't benched for the 3rd period.

rbochan
04-28-2010, 07:30 AM
...Connolly was so horrendous last night that I have no idea how he wasn't benched for the 3rd period.
Because Ruff is too close to the "core" players.

SkateZilla
04-28-2010, 04:47 PM
I'd Get Rid of the Offensive and Power Play/Special Teams Coaches that taught the players to play like **** over the last 3 years...

72% PK and 0%PP in The Effing Playoffs.

SabreEleven
04-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Was there a PP/PK coach? Was't that suppose to be Kevyn Adams?