PDA

View Full Version : Watching other teams during the playoffs and you realize..

JD
04-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Neither the Bruins or Sabres would have done **** past the first round. Every other team is deadly, ****ing deadly. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bruins were swept, I definitely think the Sabres would be.

chernobylwraiths
04-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Well, the Bruins play with grit and scored when they had to against the NHL's best goaltender. I wouldn't count them out. But if going against a team with equal grit and better offensive players than the Sabres, it will be difficult. They are going to have to keep the area around Rask clear as he did give up a bunch of juicy rebounds.

BSXIII
04-26-2010, 10:36 PM
C'mon this series wasn't that bad. If the Bruins draw Pittsburgh, yea that's an awful match-up because if Pittsburgh opens it up and tries to trade scoring chances, if Boston can't slow that down, it will get ugly. But let's not act like we've seen a bunch of brilliant hockey in other series. They Devil's lost in 5 to a team that was a shootout away from not making the playoffs. The Capitals are going to a game 7 against a weak Montreal team that these Bruins swept last year. Only Ottawa Pittsburgh was a better series in the east.

Out west #1 San Jose looked as choke prone as ever vs. Colorado. They are toast in round 2. Chicago looks very vulnerable as well. They are soft and sloppy vs. Nashville. Luongo stole a series vs. LA. Phoenix vs. Detroit has been great hockey too.

Overall, I'd rate this as the 3rd best series after Phoenix-Detroit and Pittsburgh-Ottawa.

JD
04-26-2010, 10:40 PM
C'mon this series wasn't that bad. If the Bruins draw Pittsburgh, yea that's an awful match-up because if Pittsburgh opens it up and tries to trade scoring chances, if Boston can't slow that down, it will get ugly. But let's not act like we've seen a bunch of brilliant hockey in other series. They Devil's lost in 5 to a team that was a shootout away from not making the playoffs. The Capitals are going to a game 7 against a weak Montreal team that these Bruins swept last year. Only Ottawa Pittsburgh was a better series in the east.

Out west #1 San Jose looked as choke prone as ever vs. Colorado. They are toast in round 2. Chicago looks very vulnerable as well. They are soft and sloppy vs. Nashville. Luongo stole a series vs. LA. Phoenix vs. Detroit has been great hockey too.

Overall, I'd rate this as the 3rd best series after Phoenix-Detroit and Pittsburgh-Ottawa.
It WAS that bad. So slowwwww. Both teams are slowww.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-26-2010, 10:46 PM
I was just talking to a buddy of mine and he said that the Bruins and the Sabres might be the two worst teams in the playoffs. I agreed that they might be the two worst in the east, but not the west.

clumping platelets
04-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Softest teams in the playoffs are being eliminated........not shocking

G Wolly
04-26-2010, 10:57 PM
I've noticed that.

Other teams are CONSTANTLY moving. Following through on checks. Always moving the puck. Making necessary passes and shots, not pretty Bull****.

We didn't deserve to win a second game.

Cleve
04-27-2010, 06:29 AM
I didn't think we'd get far in the Stanley Cup playoffs, but going out so easily in the first round is a disappointment. Boston owned the beejus out of them - in fact the Sabres were really lucky to have won the first game in this series - otherwise it could have been a 4 and 1 series.

Sabres' passing and team work looked sloppy like it had all season - I think Ruff should have drilled them harder on the fundies.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-27-2010, 07:34 AM
I didn't think we'd get far in the Stanley Cup playoffs, but going out so easily in the first round is a disappointment. Boston owned the beejus out of them - in fact the Sabres were really lucky to have won the first game in this series - otherwise it could have been a 4 and 1 series.

Sabres' passing and team work looked sloppy like it had all season - I think Ruff should have drilled them harder on the fundies.

If Lindy didn't have to spend two weeks at the Olympics, maybe he could have made them tougher.

G Wolly
04-27-2010, 01:29 PM
If Lindy didn't have to spend two weeks at the Olympics, maybe he could have made them tougher.

Claude Julien didn't waste 2 weeks at the olympics. He was better prepared.