PDA

View Full Version : I loved our draft BUT...

Mahdi
04-27-2010, 08:09 AM
The Patriots draft was awesome too. They added a ton of playmakers that will be thorns in our side for years to come.... It's even more annoying that they drafted many of my favorite players.

Devin McCourty --- Excellent pick, very physical, going to be a Chris McCallister type player.

Brandon Spikes --- I don't care about his 40. He is going to dominate for years.

Rob Gronkowski --- They pretty much got Todd Heap

Aaaron Hernandez --- Will play a role right away and be productive with it

Jermaine Cunningham --- Loved watching him for Florida, very underrated and over-shadowed by Dunlap, he will over-shadow Dunlap in a couple years.

Taylor Price --- Has a bright future and will have the chance to compete early for slot duties with Welker out.

Zac Robinson --- Talented QB, great release, good mobility --- Can challenge right away for the #2 job behind Brady and if he ever gets a chance he can run with it.

With all that being said, I look forward to Spiller scoring 3 TDs a game on them.

psubills62
04-27-2010, 08:17 AM
You mean Florida North?

I wasn't a big fan of the McCourty selection. They've drafted how many DB's in the last couple of years, including Darius Butler as a high pick last year, and Terrence Wheatley two years ago. From what I can see, they haven't been very good at drafting DB's lately, except for Meriweather.

Maybe Belichick can compensate for Spikes' slowness, but I personally think Spikes won't be as good as most people believe.

Gronkowski and Price were really good picks for them. Really not happy that they got those guys.

I don't think Robinson will become more than a 3rd stringer for them. Hoyer will continue to be the backup for the foreseeable future.

ddaryl
04-27-2010, 08:20 AM
Good it is important that the AFC East stay strong... this way when we start dominating the AFC East again we will already be battle tested on our way to winning it all.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2010, 08:40 AM
pray to the football gods that the pats dont get marcell dareus next year...

psubills62
04-27-2010, 08:46 AM
pray to the football gods that the pats dont get marcell dareus next year...

I think we all need to root hard for the Raiders and Panthers next year, as the Patriots have their first and second round picks, respectively. If we weren't going to get Jason Campbell, I was glad to see Oakland get him.

dasaybz
04-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Really? I think NEs draft was horrible. None of those guys will pan out to be NFL guys. When was the last time NE had a good draft? 2005 maybe?

justasportsfan
04-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Everyone in the AFCE had a waaaaaaay better offseason than we did. I'll be surprised if we even win 1 division game.

The only game I can see us winning is the 1st game vs. the fins. Only because they don't have tape on us. We almost beat the pats last year because they didn't kow what we were going to do. After that, we were screwed.

Pinkerton Security
04-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Yeah I think they had a fairly solid draft but I dont think it was awesome in any way

psubills62
04-27-2010, 09:26 AM
Besides...in the end, this is the NFL. Every team has good players. In the end, we need to get better and beat them.

elltrain22
04-27-2010, 09:48 AM
The AFC East is going to be very tough this year.

ddaryl
04-27-2010, 10:07 AM
I think our wild card right now is coaching... How good is Gailey compared to jauron and Williams as a HC...

We know one thing and that is Gailey should be a boost to our O.... If our D can hold its own against the run, and our O looks marginally better then last year we're not in as bad of shape as many here predict...

How about game time decision making, and 1/2 time adjustments. My money says Gailey will dwarf Williams and Jauron in this department...

Not saying will get to the playoffs, but I can see us playing better then the gloom and doom crowd predicts.

BillsWin
04-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Gronkowski and Price were good. I wasn't impressed by any of their other picks.

But, then again, that's how the Pats draft.

They trade down for more picks and then get average to slightly above average players and rely on Tom Brady to win it all for them.

The sad thing is, it ****ing works for them.

**** the Pats!!!

Mahdi
04-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Gronkowski and Price were good. I wasn't impressed by any of their other picks.

But, then again, that's how the Pats draft.

They trade down for more picks and then get average to slightly above average players and rely on Tom Brady to win it all for them.

The sad thing is, it ****ing works for them.

**** the Pats!!!
Spikes will start day one and be very good.

EDS
04-27-2010, 10:42 AM
The AFC East is going to be very tough this year.

Potentially. If Henne and Sanchez progress for the Dolphins and Jets respectively then both those teams could improve on last year, just having functioning passing games. Obviously, same could be said about the Bills.

DraftBoy
04-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Spikes, Hernandez, Price, Gronkowski are all very good picks.

Im not a fan of the McCourty pick because I dont think he's ready right now to a starting CB.

There best set of picks though was in Round 6-7;
Ted Larsen
Thomas Welch
Bradon Deadrick
Kade Weston
Zac Robinson

That's 5 guys who can contribute for them that they got at the tail end of Day 3.

DraftBoy
04-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Also lets not forget Aaron Hernandez is already on a VERY short leash...

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2010/04/27/patriots_draft_pick_hernandez_failed_marijuana_tests/

OpIv37
04-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Like the Bills draft or hate it- it doesn't matter.

This team has done nothing to close the talent gap between us and the other 3 teams in the division. Both Miami and the Jets added key FA's, and NE maintained the status quo, which is fine for them. And all 3 of those teams got to draft as well.

So, expect another year of getting our asses handed to us in the div.

Oaf
04-27-2010, 11:46 AM
I think Spikes will be a better player than Courty is for them which is not good.

patmoran2006
04-27-2010, 12:56 PM
You also forgot to mention that Patriots also now have TWO first rounders and TWO second rounders in next year's draft.

Incredible.

Akhippo
04-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Their RBs arent anything spectacular and their two best receivers are hurt and older. You can only play so many TEs. Their offense is still Brady. Not real worried about them getting better.

Their defense did get better. But still not wowed like when they got Mayo. Their NTs are still the strength.

Next year they have a chance to really retool. We better find our QB soon.

Dicknoze69
04-27-2010, 07:22 PM
You also forgot to mention that Patriots also now have TWO first rounders and TWO second rounders in next year's draft.

Incredible.

Keep in mind that they'll likely trade down with half of those picks in order to acquire more picks.

I know some Pats fans are pretty frustrated at passing up blue-chip talent like Dez Bryant in order to get more picks.

Mr. Pink
04-27-2010, 07:24 PM
I actually think NE's draft besides acquiring another pick next year was one of the worst in the entire NFL.

A first round nickel corner on a team that recycles db's constantly?

A TE that has problems staying healthy?

A LB who's as slow as most OGs?