PDA

View Full Version : Moats' award has promising history

The Spaz
04-27-2010, 08:33 AM
College football is now dotted with numerous postseason awards. What once was a small collection of honors has morphed into a cornucopia of recognition for almost every position on the field. At the Football Championship Subdivision (Division 1-AA) however, things are still kept relatively simple. And Bills sixth-round pick Arthur Moats was the recipient of an award that provides convincing history when trying to ascertain the level of success Moats will achieve in the NFL.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Moats-award-has-promising-history/76c66788-73f5-4dd7-958d-4f6f129d2fd4

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2010, 08:38 AM
i think moats and batten will make an impact this year!

Pinkerton Security
04-27-2010, 08:44 AM
K well Allen and Mathis are obviously very good players, but I thought this list was gonna be more shocking than it was. Still, it did show me these arent just some random schmos from small schools, which is what all my non-Bills-fan friends were ribbing me about on Saturday.

ParanoidAndroid
04-27-2010, 06:03 PM
The list of small school stars that find success in the NFL is long. Andre Reed? Kutzown. Terrell Owens? East Chatanooga. Jerry Rice? Mississippi Valley. Jason Taylor? Akron Marshall Faulk? San Diego State. Brett Favre? Southern Mississippi.
etc.

jamze132
04-28-2010, 06:15 AM
We are seeing more and more players opting to play for smaller schools nowadays because their they have the ability to really standout and in most cases avoid redshirting.

With the current trend of rising competetion outside of D1, more and more players are being selected in the draft from small schools and are having a good amount of success.

Who knows if Moats would have had the success he did at JMU in a larger school... Regardless, we got lucky with him being available in the 6th round. Could be the gem of the draft.