PDA

View Full Version : As I have said all along....

HHURRICANE
04-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Edwards is going to be the starter.

People please use common sense for a moment.

I'm in the camp that Edwards is most likely not a legitmate starter for the Bills but there is no way he's not going to start for us this year. Whether he stays the starter certainly is up for debate.

Simply put Edwards is the best QB on the team and there is no reason to believe that he won't win an open competition in camp. Furthermore, the coaching staff is obvioulsy still open to the idea that Edwards may be able to do the job just based on how they approached the draft.

Fitzpatrick has proven that he's a capable backup and this is why we signed him.

Brohm has no legitimate shot at being the starter because he won't win an open QB battle in camp. The same problem he had in Green Bay.

Chan Gailey also likes a deliberate QB which is what he gets with Edwards. If Edwards fails this year however there will be no one to blame but himself.

Philagape
04-27-2010, 08:54 AM
If he's right in the head, he can do it. But it's hard to tell when the problem is psychological. He certainly cannot be trusted, and he has to earn the job back, but it's disconcerting to know that we won't really know if he's fixed until he's faced with live ammunition.

Jan Reimers
04-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Brohm has no legitimate shot at being the starter because he won't win an open QB battle in camp. The same problem he had in Green Bay.

Perhaps, but he has a totally different situation in Buffalo - different coaches, different competition, differrent offensive schemes. Thus, I don't think it's a given that he can't succeed here.

Michael82
04-27-2010, 08:59 AM
I think that Buddy Nix wants Brian Brohm to win the job and I see it happening! :pray:

BillsOwnAll
04-27-2010, 09:05 AM

He was battling Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers...Now Im a edwards fan..but Edwards and no Farve and Fitz is no Rodgers...Use common sense for a moment..your argument is invalid.

Philagape
04-27-2010, 09:10 AM
He was battling Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers

And Matt Flynn.

Commissioner
04-27-2010, 09:19 AM
He was battling Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers...Now Im a edwards fan..but Edwards and no Farve and Fitz is no Rodgers...Use common sense for a moment..your argument is invalid.

He was on the practice squad.

Commissioner
04-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Im interested in seeing what Edwards can do with an offensive minded coach, and practicing against a 3-4 defense all the time in practice.

ParanoidAndroid
04-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Step 1: Make prediction.
Step 2: Make prediction in 14 threads
Step 3: Wait
Step 4a: If wrong, stay quiet.
Step 4b: If right, make 14 "I told you so" threads
Step 5: Make new prediction and follow steps at least 50 times every offseason.

DraftBoy
04-27-2010, 10:58 AM
I think Brohm is the favorite.

Edwards is not Nix's pick he didnt bring him in, he did bring in Brohm though.

Mahdi
04-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Brohm has the arm and college production Nix likes. Edwards couldn't even throw a 15 yard out last year without a near INT or complete errant throw, that has nothing to do with confusion, Edwards doesn't have the arm IMO to make seam throws, stick throws and deep sideline throws. Brohm does.

trapezeus
04-27-2010, 11:14 AM
i think fitz is gone.
I think edwards and brohm is a close battle.

i think if edwards wins, he'll be injured by week 5.
I think if brohm isn't a serious consideration, they wouldn't have brought him in.

Brohm was under the offensive tutelage of Perry Fewell and AVP. Not a good way to teach up. Perhaps Gailey and crew get the hamsters to spin the wheel a little faster in the entire QB collective's brain.

At this point, all we have is hope.

Commissioner
04-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Once again, my sources tell me Brohm, "is the worst QB ever"... that's from a teammate.

Yasgur's Farm
04-27-2010, 11:19 AM
He was on the practice squad.So was Fred Jackson and Jason Peters.

OpIv37
04-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Don't care.

This season is a waste anyway. Get the young guys some experience and get a real QB next off-season.

Commissioner
04-27-2010, 11:27 AM
So was Fred Jackson and Jason Peters.

Nice try... but both those guys were undrafted.

Brohm was a 2nd round pick who fell backwards on the practice squad. Apparently this 2nd round pick wasn't even good enough to be a 3rd stringer.

dannyek71
04-27-2010, 11:30 AM
He wants Brohm to win it, but he will not. TE will be our QB opening day. He will last 4-8 games before getting hurt/pulled and we will have fitzy as our QB with some Brohm mixed in.

We will finish 5-11 and complain about or LT and QB all season while looking forward to addressing them this offseason.

Commissioner
04-27-2010, 11:35 AM
He wants Brohm to win it, but he will not. TE will be our QB opening day. He will last 4-8 games before getting hurt/pulled and we will have fitzy as our QB with some Brohm mixed in.

We will finish 5-11 and complain about or LT and QB all season while looking forward to addressing them this offseason.

I don't believe a GM actually roots for a player to win a job.... they just fill the roster with as much talent as they can and let the coaches find the cream of the crop.

Yasgur's Farm
04-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Apparently this 2nd round pick wasn't even good enough to be a 3rd stringer.And neither were Jackson and Peters. If you insist on using the PS as the reason why Brohm will never make it, then you'll need to accept the counter argument of players who ultimately started after doing time on the PS.

Commissioner
04-27-2010, 11:55 AM
And neither were Jackson and Peters. If you insist on using the PS as the reason why Brohm will never make it, then you'll need to accept the counter argument of players who ultimately started after doing time on the PS.

a 2nd round draft pick falling to the practice squad doesn't say a lot. Especially in an organization known for developing good QB's.

Bill Cody
04-27-2010, 12:04 PM

I'm in the camp that Edwards is most likely not a legitmate starter for the Bills but there is no way he's not going to start for us this year.

Talking about common sense your post doesn't show much. This is a brand new coaching staff. They want to win as many games as they can, that's how they stay gainfully employed. So they're going to do what coaches without a preset agenda other than winning do. They're going to watch. They're going to track every throw in practice. They're going to assess foot work. They're going to assess decision making. They're going to have watched film of each player as a Bill and even before. And they'll see them play in preseason. See how each carries himself, how his temmates react to each guy, see how each responds to pressure.

And then they'll decide which guy gives the Bills the best chance of winning. If Trent Edwards has an edge going in over Brohm it's based on experience but that in itself is NOT enough to win TE the job. That will be based on all of the above. So your post is pure speculation but thanks for that.

Don't Panic
04-27-2010, 12:05 PM

Actually, Brohm was in college the last time Favre was a Packer. The year he was put on the PS, Favre was a Jet.

Yasgur's Farm
04-27-2010, 12:36 PM
a 2nd round draft pick falling to the practice squad doesn't say a lot. Especially in an organization known for developing good QB's.A 2nd rounder falling to the PS has just as much of a chance of starting one day as an undrafted free agent has. Your logic fails here... Time to find another argument.

better days
04-27-2010, 12:38 PM
a 2nd round draft pick falling to the practice squad doesn't say a lot. Especially in an organization known for developing good QB's.

Maybe he was on the practice squad so they could develop him. Where do you think Trent Edwards would be on the Packers depth chart?

BlackMetalNinja
04-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Hhurricane must have a dislocated shoulder by now...

You should probably just go get yourself one of these and save us all some time.

http://ipfunny.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/pat

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2010, 12:47 PM
people need to realize that brohm sucks... he couldnt beat out flynn...........

Spiderweb
04-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Brohm has the arm and college production Nix likes. Edwards couldn't even throw a 15 yard out last year without a near INT or complete errant throw, that has nothing to do with confusion, Edwards doesn't have the arm IMO to make seam throws, stick throws and deep sideline throws. Brohm does.

Knock knock....

Just a quick FYI, Brohm was never known for having good arm strength. He would be
considered adequate at best. He floats a lot of passes. He did at Louisville, in the preseason with GB, and also in his only start for the Bills. That's something he got away with in college and Gailey will have to get that fixed if Brohm is to have any success. I'm hopeful that the lights come on for Brohm this year, but I feel almost as if it would be like trying to fill an inside straight. The odds aren't that good.

Mahdi
04-27-2010, 12:51 PM
people need to realize that brohm sucks... he couldnt beat out flynn...........
You don't know what the circumstances were and some Qbs take longer to get it at the NFL level. Brohm at least has raw QB skills that are way better than those of Edwards and Fitz.

Spiderweb
04-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Once again, my sources tell me Brohm, "is the worst QB ever"... that's from a teammate.

Anyone here recall an interview with Thurman Thomas back in the day of the Bickering Bills? When he was asked what the team needed most (or words to this effect), he replied, "a quarterback".

Mahdi
04-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Knock knock....

Just a quick FYI, Brohm was never known for having good arm strength. He would be
considered adequate at best. He floats a lot of passes. He did at Louisville, in the preseason with GB, and also in his only start for the Bills. That's something he got away with in college and Gailey will have to get that fixed if Brohm is to have any success. I'm hopeful that the lights come on for Brohm this year, but I feel almost as if it would be like trying to fill an inside straight. The odds aren't that good.
Did I say he had a rocket arm?

My comment eluded to the fact that he has a decent to good arm. Better than Trent and Fitz. Brohm can make the throws you need in the NFL, Edwards has shown he struggles with them.

BillsOwnAll
04-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Actually, Brohm was in college the last time Favre was a Packer. The year he was put on the PS, Favre was a Jet.

Even so, He was battling a top 3 QB in the league now.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
04-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Edwards is going to be the starter.

People please use common sense for a moment.

I'm in the camp that Edwards is most likely not a legitmate starter for the Bills but there is no way he's not going to start for us this year. Whether he stays the starter certainly is up for debate.

Simply put Edwards is the best QB on the team and there is no reason to believe that he won't win an open competition in camp. Furthermore, the coaching staff is obvioulsy still open to the idea that Edwards may be able to do the job just based on how they approached the draft.

Fitzpatrick has proven that he's a capable backup and this is why we signed him.

Chan Gailey also likes a deliberate QB which is what he gets with Edwards. If Edwards fails this year however there will be no one to blame but himself.

Jumping the gun a bit? I think it is way too early to tell who will start 5 months from now at QB for the Bills. I thought you would've learned your lesson by now when you said Leslie Frazier was going to be the next HC of the Bills.

Oaf
04-27-2010, 01:29 PM
*snort!*

don137
04-27-2010, 01:41 PM
I think Gailey and Nix figures one of two things will happen. One of the QBs will be successful in their new system and they will not need to draft a QB or two no QB will be successful next year and it will put them in position to draft a much better QB next year with the talent pool being much better. They already acknowledged this will take a couple years to right the ship.

trapezeus
04-27-2010, 01:54 PM
commish, i'd love to hear why your source said what he said. What was it that makes brohm so awful..

you were the one to break the tebow to denver story, so i trust your source. but it would be cool to hear the specifics that the source cites.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
04-27-2010, 02:12 PM

I think your source has a conflict of interest.

Michael82
04-27-2010, 03:42 PM
I think your source has a conflict of interest.

I was thinking the same thing. Plus if anyone knows about a QB sucking, it's Fitzpatrick!

HHURRICANE
04-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Wanting Brohm because he isn't Edwards is the only logic I've read here so far.
I'm not exactly going out on a limb here assuming in an open QB competition that Edwards should win it.

BertSquirtgum
04-27-2010, 07:25 PM
levi brown is going to start. you are mistaken hurricane.

Goobylal
04-27-2010, 07:34 PM
It will be an open competition and Edwards won't win it. I don't know if Brohm or Brown will, but it won't be Edwards. Take that to the bank!

Griff
04-27-2010, 07:46 PM

you can literally say this to everything HH posts.

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Is it time for me to say I was right?!

TacklingDummy
09-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Predicting Edwards was going to be the starter is not really going out on a limb.

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 11:36 AM
I made this call on April 27th. Anyone care to admit they were wrong. Please only reply if you are in this original thread.

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Predicting Edwards was going to be the starter is not really going out on a limb.

Read the posts in here. Obvioulsy it was!

TacklingDummy
09-03-2010, 11:37 AM

Is it time for me to say I was right?!

HHURRICANE
09-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Wanting Brohm because he isn't Edwards is the only logic I've read here so far.
I'm not exactly going out on a limb here assuming in an open QB competition that Edwards should win it.

TD, I said this in April.

TacklingDummy
09-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Hhurricane must have a dislocated shoulder by now...

You should probably just go get yourself one of these and save us all some time.

http://ipfunny.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/pat

:lmao:

TacklingDummy
09-03-2010, 11:40 AM
TD, I said this in April.
So, it's not really surprising that Trent is King of the trash heap.

zone
09-03-2010, 11:48 AM
So, it's not really surprising that Trent is King of the trash heap.
To be fair Trent nor Gailey's offense have resembled anything close to a trash heap so far.

BertSquirtgum
09-03-2010, 11:51 AM
yeah. you were right. rah rah rah. you want a ****ing pat on the back?

TacklingDummy
09-03-2010, 12:08 PM
To be fair Trent nor Gailey's offense have resembled anything close to a trash heap so far.
Pre-season.

Beebe's Kid
09-03-2010, 12:12 PM

mayotm
09-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Way to break your arm patting your own back HH. It was quite a bold predicition. Outside of a handful of people, who really thought that Edwards wasn't going to beat out Fitz and Brohm?

mayotm
09-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Pre-season.Pre-season is the only thing we have to judge the Edwards / Gailey combination on. We will know soon enough whether Edwards' solid play will continue into the regular season. I will state that this is the first time since Bledsoe that the Bills have shown anything at all offesively in the pre-season. Again, I don't know if it will translate into the regular season, but they've certainly looked much better offensively that I thought they would.