PDA

View Full Version : JaMarcus Russell to be cut in Oakland

soapman
04-27-2010, 06:03 PM
I honestly cannot think of a bigger draft bust. IMO leaps and bounds worse than Ryan Leaf. The guy actually thinks he's a superstar.

soapman
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/27/report-raiders-will-cut-russell-possibly-this-week/

mikemac2001
:SHOCK:

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Was this guys problem solely attitude or did he also not have the talent?

Mr. Pink
04-27-2010, 06:10 PM

His main problem is he can't stay away from the buffet line.

SquishDaFish
04-27-2010, 06:10 PM
First off Im not saying Buffalo should sign him. I wouldnt be upset if they did for the LEAGUE MINIMUM and make him earn money for once.

He seems to be the type of player that doesnt love the game and is in it for the money only. Once he got that money he didnt care. Thats my personal take and what I believe.

soapman
04-27-2010, 06:20 PM

Both!

mikemac2001
04-27-2010, 06:23 PM
ya we don't want jamarcus russel

black QB's are lazy.....just kidding i love black QB's but he is truly lazy and has no heart for the game. would rather go with fitz atleast he cares

soapman
04-27-2010, 06:26 PM
ya we don't want jamarcus russel

black QB's are lazy.....just kidding i love black QB's but he is truly lazy and has no heart for the game. would rather go with fitz atleast he cares

I'd go with a Black Fitz...this one sucks...

lmcshadow
04-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Russell had everyone at aw with his arm strenth...and who wouldnt play on that.

BillsWin
04-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Russell is a fatty...

http://www.tailgate365.com/broncos/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/jamarcus2.png

Forward_Lateral
04-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Queue the 3000000 Buffalo should sign him threads.

ddaryl
04-27-2010, 06:43 PM
We need a LT... ?

Scumbag College
04-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Bring him in!

kelly2reed4six
04-27-2010, 06:57 PM
I honestly cannot think of a bigger draft bust. IMO leaps and bounds worse than Ryan Leaf. The guy actually thinks he's a superstar.

BRING HIM IN BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE GETS HIM!!! WE'LL BE SUPERBOWL BOUND!:sarcasm:

kelly2reed4six
04-27-2010, 06:58 PM
I literally think I would vomit if we even brought it guy in for a visit!

psubills62
04-27-2010, 07:05 PM
We need a LT... ?

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe we could use him at fullback like the Ravens use Ngata? :sarcasm:

FlyingDutchman
04-27-2010, 07:47 PM
IMO Russel surpasses Leaf as all time biggest bust

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2010, 07:51 PM
And to think Oakland could've had........Brady Quinn!

:rofl: What a joke of a QB class.

elltrain22
04-27-2010, 08:20 PM
If and when he's cut, we should sign him, and we might fill our LT spot.

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2010, 08:22 PM
He has worse instincts at QB than JP!

TigerJ
04-27-2010, 10:05 PM
We need a LT... ?My thought exactly. LOL

El Guapo
04-27-2010, 10:13 PM
He was first overall pick, right? How funny would it be for him to be out of the NFL after his rookie contract? Would that be a first for a first overall pick?

Jaybird
04-27-2010, 10:20 PM
he can play the WILDPIG offense

BillsWin
04-27-2010, 10:43 PM
I'd want Losman back before Russell.

BertSquirtgum
04-27-2010, 10:56 PM
we can try him at left tackle. he sure has fattened up for the position.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-28-2010, 06:07 AM
I have to agree here, he is in the running for the biggest draft bust of all-time.

zone
04-28-2010, 06:40 AM
I'd want Losman back before Russell.
Scary part is as bad as Russell was, JP was his backup in the short time he was there.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-28-2010, 08:12 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/382252-the-case-for-jamarcus-russell-and-why-he-can-still-succeed

more cowbell
04-28-2010, 11:02 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/382252-the-case-for-jamarcus-russell-and-why-he-can-still-succeed

That is the WORST article I have ever read in my entire life

trapezeus
04-28-2010, 12:04 PM
this is breaking news.

also, ricky martin is gay.

DraftBoy
04-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Sadly he's only 24...

Paid 36 millions dollars and threw 38 interceptions...

Bill Cody
04-28-2010, 12:09 PM

I watched him play about a quarter last year. He made three absolutely terrific throws in a row, showing accuracy and arm strength on each, even moving in the pocket to buy time on one. Then he got pressured and absolutely threw the ball up for grabs in traffic and got picked. I think that about sums him up. If you did a lobotomy on both Russell and JP you'd have one human sized brain.

feldspar
04-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Sadly he's only 24...

Paid 36 millions dollars and threw 38 interceptions...

This is the biggest case you can make for a rookie salary cap.

Unbelievable, the guy has been perhaps the worst starter in the league, and he's set for life with all that guaranteed money.

I can't imagine anyone wanting this guy, even for a backup; however, there is nothing sad about it. The guy is rich in a sick way and young. I hope he loses all his money somehow, because he didn't earn a dime of it. He pretty much stole it, ask me.

ddaryl
04-28-2010, 12:17 PM
IMO Russel surpasses Leaf as all time biggest bust

pretty damn close

I think we shoud get both of them in a cage match and winner gets the title... or is it the loser that gets the title...

Does it matter it just would be cool to see these 2 beat each other senseless in a cage :brush:

TMu11
04-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Hey if our best Lineman signing of the past decade came as a TE (Jason Peters), Why cant the next one be a QB?

Bill Cody
04-28-2010, 12:24 PM
I hope he loses all his money somehow, because he didn't earn a dime of it.

It's not his fault he blows. He didn't force Oakland to draft him #1 or to hand him all that money. He is what he is. Lane Kiffen didn't want Russell. There was a nasty dispute about this and was the beginning of the end with he and Al Davis. I could tell watching him in college he lacked discipline and decision making skills so I was really not surprised that he busted. But that's all on senile Al Davis not Russell. So I don't feel like he stole anything he just sucks, no shame in that.

If it makes you feel any better unless he gets the right professional money mangers he probably WILL blow it, lots and lots of pro athletes do. But damn that would be fun burning through 36 large wouldn't it?

feldspar
04-28-2010, 12:25 PM
I think we shoud get both of them in a cage match and winner gets the title... or is it the loser that gets the title...

The loser would get the most money.

feldspar
04-28-2010, 12:31 PM
It's not his fault he blows. He didn't force Oakland to draft him #1 or to hand him all that money. He is what he is. Lane Kiffen didn't want Russell. There was a nasty dispute about this and was the beginning of the end with he and Al Davis. I could tell watching him in college he lacked discipline and decision making skills so I was really not surprised that he busted. But that's all on senile Al Davis not Russell. So I don't feel like he stole anything he just sucks, no shame in that.

If it makes you feel any better unless he gets the right professional money mangers he probably WILL blow it, lots and lots of pro athletes do. But damn that would be fun burning through 36 large wouldn't it?

It sure IS his fault that he blows. Who else's fault would it be? The guy is overweight and doesn't try very hard to get better from every single account that I've heard. His work ethic sucks from every single account that I've heard. THAT'S his fault. Taking all that money and not giving forth the effort to earn it...there IS shame in that. He let a lot of people down in a big way by not taking his RESPONSIBILITY seriously.

I don't blame him for taking the money. Who wouldn't? But I do say that he doesn't deserve it, and who can argue with that?

Bill Cody
04-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Does it matter it just would be cool to see these 2 beat each other senseless in a cage :brush:

It could happen if he runs short on cash. WWF?

Bill Cody
04-28-2010, 12:45 PM
It sure IS his fault that he blows. Who else's fault would it be? The guy is overweight and doesn't try very hard to get better from every single account that I've heard. His work ethic sucks from every single account that I've heard. THAT'S his fault. Taking all that money and not giving forth the effort to earn it...there IS shame in that. He let a lot of people down in a big way by not taking his RESPONSIBILITY seriously.

I don't blame him for taking the money. Who wouldn't? But I do say that he doesn't deserve it, and who can argue with that?

I agree about the weight. That is ridiculous. My point is I honestly don't think that's his main problem. I just don't think he is smart enough to be an NFL QB. Neither was JP. QB is the one position scouts pay way too much attention to physical talent (arm strength, speed, etc) and almost nothing to what may be even more important (decision making, leadership). I just think he was not ever qualified if you looked at the whole package to be a 1st round pick, never mind a #1. And he couldn't control the fact that people fell in love with a an arm that could throw it 70 yards and nobody bothered to check that he was not intelligent enough.

So I'll meet you halfway- he isn't responsible for Oakland's stupidity but he is responsibile for turning himself into the Michelin man, holding out, not doing everything he could do to be the best he could be. Ok?

feldspar
04-28-2010, 01:01 PM
So I'll meet you halfway- he isn't responsible for Oakland's stupidity but he is responsibile for turning himself into the Michelin man, holding out, not doing everything he could do to be the best he could be. Ok?

Fair enough...how stupid has Oakland been in it's drafts? THAT isn't his fault, so in effect, they gave him a license to steal. Funny thing is that Oakland had a very good draft this year. I was hoping for Bruce Campbell to fall to us in the 4th, but the Raiders took him the pick before us...many, many mock drafts had them taking Campbell 8th overall, something they may have done in the past.

Anyway, at least JP did everything he could to be the guy...like you said, Russell didn't. I had the distinct feeling that he thought he had it made the second he was signed, and he did. Either he thought that being the starting QB would be easy, or he didn't give a damn...or a combination of the two. That, or he just sucked in the first place, but the fact is that he didn't even try too hard to get better...or it least it seems that way to me by extension of everything I've heard. I blame him for that, as though that matters at all.

Bill Cody
04-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Funny thing is that Oakland had a very good draft this year.

I agree. Maybe they drugged the old man so he couldn't screw it up.

feldspar
04-28-2010, 01:13 PM
I agree. Maybe they drugged the old man so he couldn't screw it up.

Maybe they took the drugs away!!

hydro
04-28-2010, 01:17 PM
we can try him at left tackle. he sure has fattened up for the position.

You totally ruined the punch line...

trapezeus
04-28-2010, 02:10 PM
pretty damn close

leaf is in jail, no? if russell goes, then you defintely get the caged match.

BertSquirtgum
04-28-2010, 02:17 PM
That is the WORST article I have ever read in my entire life

as soon as the writer tried explaining why he wasn't a bust i stopped reading

Buffalogic
04-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Jarmarcus Russell = Mike WIlliams... The Quarterback!

bflojohn
04-28-2010, 02:31 PM
The ONLY hope for JaMarcus Russell as a player, IMO, is that he finds absolutely NO takers when he's cut! With the spectre of a forced retirement thrust upon him, maybe, just maybe, he finds a will and DESIRE to play this game the way a first round pick is meant to play. Chances of this happening, slim to none, but this is his likely destination athletically!!

billz83
04-28-2010, 02:36 PM
This is y the NFL needs a restructure the rookie contracts! there are WAY too many rookie busts! stafford for the lions makes double what tom brady makes?! are u serious this entire league is backwards with the way they pay guys! the veterans that have PROVEN they are good should be getting the most money not these WORTHLESS ROOKIE BUSTS! anyone wanting russell in buffalo as our QB is really on crack! i would actually rather have captain checkdown..

Historian
04-28-2010, 03:30 PM

And yet he still almost came into RWS and beat us, lol.

This is like an episode of Bang or Bucks.

Swap him for Lynch straight up trade, and see if he's any better than our bozos.

Buffalogic
04-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Former first overall bust quarterback?? He'll definitely sign with the 9ers hahaha. They covet those.

SABURZFAN
04-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Bring him in!

i agree. when Russell gains another 30 lbs, he can rotate in and out with T. Troup.

BertSquirtgum
04-28-2010, 07:15 PM
You totally ruined the punch line...

what's the punch line?

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Schefter is now reporting that Oakland is not going to cut him.

starrymessenger
04-29-2010, 01:46 PM

Great pic Soapman.

hydro
04-29-2010, 03:44 PM
what's the punch line?

That he is fat. You didn't have to point it out. That is how it got ruined...