PDA

View Full Version : 5 Things

DMBcrew36
04-27-2010, 11:01 PM
5 Things the hosers at ESPN's NHL division have learned:

"5. Buffalo has some of the best sports fans in North America. They live and die with their Sabres and Bills, and they take losing personally. We can only imagine the callers on AM 550 radio on Tuesday. How did a team with a Vezina Trophy favorite (Ryan Miller (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=1549)) lose to a Bruins team that ranked 30th in offense this season? They also might ask whether this Sabres team has enough character to win when it matters."

http://espn.go.com/nhl/blog/_/name/nhl_playoffs/id/5139935/five-things-learned-monday

SabreEleven
04-27-2010, 11:06 PM
5 Things the hosers at ESPN's NHL division have learned:

"5. Buffalo has some of the best sports fans in North America. They live and die with their Sabres and Bills, and they take losing personally. We can only imagine the callers on AM 550 radio on Tuesday. How did a team with a Vezina Trophy favorite (Ryan Miller (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=1549)) lose to a Bruins team that ranked 30th in offense this season? They also might ask whether this Sabres team has enough character to win when it matters."

http://espn.go.com/nhl/blog/_/name/nhl_playoffs/id/5139935/five-things-learned-monday

But we had a good season and it's ok that we lose all the time as long as we feel good about ourselves...losing is ok and it's ok we can't get out of our own way...I love losing.

Myers57
04-30-2010, 06:16 PM
I can't even stand to listen to WGR anymore, especially Bulldog. Everyone needs to stop being so negative about this team. I enjoyed the season and was glad they made the playoffs!

Here's to the future!

SabreEleven
04-30-2010, 07:28 PM
I can't even stand to listen to WGR anymore, especially Bulldog. Everyone needs to stop being so negative about this team. I enjoyed the season and was glad they made the playoffs!

Here's to the future!

I'm tired of just being happy with a "good" season...It got old a long time ago.

OpIv37
04-30-2010, 09:11 PM

Here's to the future!

They were in the conf finals 3 years ago before this FO decided to break it down. They get no credit whatsoever until they at least equal that milestone. This isn't the Bills we're talking about here. They're competitive more often than not, so a good season isn't good enough. Time to take it to the next level.

Ingtar33
05-01-2010, 12:41 PM
They were in the conf finals 3 years ago before this FO decided to break it down. They get no credit whatsoever until they at least equal that milestone. This isn't the Bills we're talking about here. They're competitive more often than not, so a good season isn't good enough. Time to take it to the next level.

I'm with you here.

I think its time we move some of our "young potential" for a top flight high level play making center. I don't care if he's 33+ years old.

We don't need the best guy out there.... but it's a shame Adam Oates retired... he would have been perfect. there was a time this team traded for guys like Pat Lafontaine and Dale Hawerchuk.

Typ0
05-01-2010, 01:55 PM
That team had on it exactly what it takes to win...guys playing near or above their contracts. Those same guys contracts were up and they wanted big money and have gone on to have their contracts far above their contribution to the teams. I find it difficult to understand saying something like "they decided to break it down".

Myers57
05-01-2010, 07:23 PM

Guess what, they may not make the Conference Finals for the next ten years! At that point will you still be wishing for Briere and Drury?

Get over it.
Their Gone.
Their never coming back.
Screw them, we're better off without them

SabreEleven
05-02-2010, 02:49 AM
Guess what, they may not make the Conference Finals for the next ten years! At that point will you still be wishing for Briere and Drury?

Get over it.
Their Gone.
Their never coming back.

We're better off without them? Did you type that without laughing? We have SUCKED since they have left two years with no playoffs and than meeking go out in the first round...How is that exactly better off without them?

chernobylwraiths
05-02-2010, 07:35 AM
We're better off without them? Did you type that without laughing? We have SUCKED since they have left two years with no playoffs and than meeking go out in the first round...How is that exactly better off without them?

Yeah, and Miller has gotten BETTER. That was just a stupid statement. I can understand (if not agree with) the "move on" argument, but we are much worse without them.

OpIv37
05-02-2010, 04:17 PM

Get over it.
Their Gone.
Their never coming back.

How are we better off without them? When they were here, we made the conf finals 2 years in a row. Since they've left, we missed the playoffs twice and lost in the first round once. That's simply a stupid thing to say.

And I've said this 100 times, but looks like I'll have to say it one more. Briere and Drury are gone- fine. We didn't win the Cup with them, so maybe they weren't the guys. But REPLACE them. Do SOMETHING to make the team better. If we couldn't win the Cup with them, we sure as hell aren't going to do it by letting them leave and promoting some AHL guys. There is no such thing as addition by subtraction.

If this team had done something to replace Briere and Drury, we all would have forgotten about them by now. But they didn't. They continue to rely on Roy, Pominville, Vanek and Connolly, despite these guys proving over and over again that they can't get the job done.

TMu11
05-03-2010, 04:43 AM
What we need is consistency!
We need a playmaker who can come in game in and out, and we KNOW what we can expect from him. We have way too many guys that are streaky.

jesseInEA
05-04-2010, 12:25 PM
We "might ask"???

I'm happy with the year because we got to enjoy a full sched of games where we were more likely to win than lose. We had some entertaining hockey. I'm sad because it looks like the league is going back to boring.

05-06 was the best year of hockey ever.