PDA

View Full Version : Wideout a concern for me

Bruce is Loose
04-28-2010, 07:30 AM
You might have concerns about LB or OT, but we have a lot of young bodies there with talented. Certainly one or more could step up and be OK as starters... since we are not likely aiming for a SB win this year its good to see what we have there. With QB Im not sure we have the guy on the roster, but its a tough position to fill and I cant argue with going into the season with what we have.

My concern is wideout. We have Evans as a solid starter. And then...

We need at least 3 wideouts to contribute, so we are asking 2 guys to really step up beyond where they ever have. What has Hardy really ever shown that we can expect him to be one? SJ has shown some flashes but really has not shown that he can consistently contribute either. I really think we need one more capable body here before the season starts above all other positions.

chernobylwraiths
04-28-2010, 07:34 AM
Why have a concern at wideout if there is nobody to get him the ball?

ddaryl
04-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Why have a concern for wideouts when our OL still is missing a key piece that will keep a QB upright and capable of getting a WR the ball..

and if you remember last year we had Evans and Owens and that didn'tmatter...

ParanoidAndroid
04-28-2010, 07:39 AM
The same logic you use for the QB and T positions can be used for wideout. We have young talent. What we have seen from the QB and T positions is proneness to injury and ineffectiveness. Our wideouts seem to be untested at this point. Easley and Roosevelt will be a point of interest along with Hardy at 100% and Johnson moving up the depth chart.
Evans is a very good receiver who has proven himself. We have no one we can say that about at QB or T.
WR is a concern, yes, but the QB and T positions are basically reason to panic.

mrbojanglezs
04-28-2010, 08:16 AM
we had TO last year how well did that pan out. WR doesn't matter at this point. They did it right, draft/sign a few developmental guys and hopefully by next year when we are more developed as a team they can step in

Tatonka
04-28-2010, 08:21 AM
i am actually excited to see the guys like hardy, johnson, roscoe, and the new guy get a shot and see if we can catch lighting in a bottle.. but we will be relying on the run regardless..

dont forget that nelson will be a big part of the verticle game as well.

ddaryl
04-28-2010, 08:24 AM
dont forget that nelson will be a big part of the verticle game as well.

Nelson could be as effective as any wideout... Depending on our scheme

justasportsfan
04-28-2010, 08:48 AM
you can add Spiller to that list of wr.

Patti120
04-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Nelson could be as effective as any wideout... Depending on our scheme

and depending on the migraines that he seems to have a chronic problem with. I think he missed a few games and many practices b/c of the migraines.