Miami: C
New England: B
New York Jets: B+

jamze132
04-28-2010, 09:06 AM
:lol: This isn't biased at all is it...

psubills62
04-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Was this just you grading the teams, DB, or was it the whole DN staff?

patmoran2006
04-28-2010, 09:16 AM
I do not think the Bills deserve a higher grade than the Patriots after what they did (in getting a bunch of players and more draft picks)

I also don't believe in grades period until a few years after the draft. But still

DraftBoy
04-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Was this just you grading the teams, DB, or was it the whole DN staff?

Whole staff.

DraftBoy
04-28-2010, 10:18 AM
I do not think the Bills deserve a higher grade than the Patriots after what they did (in getting a bunch of players and more draft picks)

I also don't believe in grades period until a few years after the draft. But still

And I think your wrong about grades as they are not meant to show or perdict anything about how a player will do in the future.

Why do you think the Pats drafted better? They added great depth but not great starters. Of all their picks how many wil start? 1 maybe 2 barring injuries.

Mike13
04-28-2010, 10:20 AM
So it looks like its just you and Kiper who thinks the Dolphins did not have a good draft.

Awesome company to be in.

DraftBoy
04-28-2010, 10:36 AM
So it looks like its just you and Kiper who thinks the Dolphins did not have a good draft.

Not just I, again.

Draft Nasty DOES NOT Equal DB.

I am only one part of Draft Nasty

The last buffalo fan
04-28-2010, 11:09 AM

:spit: :lolpoint: M13

OpIv37
04-28-2010, 11:55 AM
And I think your wrong about grades as they are not meant to show or perdict anything about how a player will do in the future.

Why do you think the Pats drafted better? They added great depth but not great starters. Of all their picks how many wil start? 1 maybe 2 barring injuries.

They're the friggin Pats- how many starters did they actually need? They're not like Buffalo- they don't go into every draft in need of 7-8 starters.

DraftBoy
04-28-2010, 12:04 PM
They're the friggin Pats- how many starters did they actually need? They're not like Buffalo- they don't go into every draft in need of 7-8 starters.

Yes which is my point...Their draft gade gets hurt because they took guys that they wont use now.

Its the same principle as Pat will use in 3 years when he grades this draft;

Player A is a RB who went to a crap team and started Day 1, and has had 1000+ yard seasons.

Player B is alos a RB who went to the defending SB champs started as their #3 back, was #2 two years ago and is a one year starter.

Which player will get a higher grade? Players who are of good value and fill immediate needs for teams always get higher grades than teams that draft for depth.

mysticsoto
04-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Yes which is my point...Their draft gade gets hurt because they took guys that they wont use now.

Its the same principle as Pat will use in 3 years when he grades this draft;

Player A is a RB who went to a crap team and started Day 1, and has had 1000+ yard seasons.

Player B is alos a RB who went to the defending SB champs started as their #3 back, was #2 two years ago and is a one year starter.

Which player will get a higher grade? Players who are of good value and fill immediate needs for teams always get higher grades than teams that draft for depth.

I agree with you completely and it's funny that you (and your guys at Draft Nasty) gave them the same grade I did...an A-.

ddaryl
04-28-2010, 12:22 PM

But there level of depth and the shuffling they've done over the years seems to be catching up to them... IMO they're moving backwards slowly

It almost appears The Patriots are more interested in more picks then the actual players. At some point they need to use those extra picks to move up and draft impact players

ParanoidAndroid
04-28-2010, 03:34 PM
The grades seem awfully arbitrary.

OpIv37
04-28-2010, 03:54 PM
But there level of depth and the shuffling they've done over the years seems to be catching up to them... IMO they're moving backwards slowly

on paper I would agree with that. On the field, though, they've shown no signs of slowing down.

EDS
04-28-2010, 04:12 PM

In the long term or next season? In the long term the Pats could conceivably get at least three starters from that draft - Spikes, McCourty and one of the tight ends. That is not much different then the Bills with Spiller, Troup and Carrington.

In the short run you could argue that each will likely only have at most two starters from this class (Spikes and one of the TEs for the Pats and Spiller and Troup for the Bills).

Spiller is the lynchpin for the Bills draft in terms of whether he becomes a consistent game breaker or not.

DraftBoy
04-28-2010, 04:19 PM
The grades seem awfully arbitrary.

In what way?

DraftBoy
04-28-2010, 04:20 PM
In the long term or next season? In the long term the Pats could conceivably get at least three starters from that draft - Spikes, McCourty and one of the tight ends. That is not much different then the Bills with Spiller, Troup and Carrington.

In the short run you could argue that each will likely only have at most two starters from this class (Spikes and one of the TEs for the Pats and Spiller and Troup for the Bills).

Spiller is the lynchpin for the Bills draft in terms of whether he becomes a consistent game breaker or not.

Next season, the Bills have 4 or 5 potential starters in their class (Spiller, Troup, Wang, Easley, and potentially Moats/Batten).

EDS
04-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Next season, the Bills have 4 or 5 potential starters in their class (Spiller, Troup, Wang, Easley, and potentially Moats/Batten).

I would be shocked if that many rookies start. And if they do it is more of an inditement of how bad the rest of the roster is than anything else. Spiller may not even start, similar to the way Thurman Thomas didn't "start" as a rookie.

In any event, we all know that it is harder for a rookie to start and or get meaninful playing time on a good team than a bad team, so that is not really the appropriate measuring stick.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2010, 05:07 PM
dude spiller will start, will he get 30 carries a game? no. but he will start!

EDS
04-28-2010, 05:15 PM
dude spiller will start, will he get 30 carries a game? no. but he will start!

I hope Spiller starts, but I don't think it is a given since he is the most obvious backfield option on third down. Moreover, Thurman Thomas did not start as a rookie, though did lead the team in rushing yards, and he only had Rob Riddick and Ronnie Harmon on the depth chart to worry about.

B-DON
04-28-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm in the camp that thinks Fred will still start but spiller will get 15-20 touches depending on the game.

JCBills
04-28-2010, 06:57 PM
I hope Spiller starts, but I don't think it is a given since he is the most obvious backfield option on third down. Moreover, Thurman Thomas did not start as a rookie, though did lead the team in rushing yards, and he only had Rob Riddick and Ronnie Harmon on the depth chart to worry about.

Not really the most obvious, yeah he has the speed etc, but Jackson is one hell of a receiving RB.

BertSquirtgum
04-28-2010, 08:27 PM

don't be hatin.

ParanoidAndroid
04-28-2010, 09:30 PM
In what way?

The commentary doesn't really follow the grade given. I might be getting a little picky, but I was looking for a bit more about why the grade was given.

DraftBoy
04-28-2010, 10:06 PM
The commentary doesn't really follow the grade given. I might be getting a little picky, but I was looking for a bit more about why the grade was given.

You don't ever want to just trash a team or player even in commentary, not if you ever want to get access to that team or its players. We are not an op-ed based NFL Draft site we scout players. The grade is based on where guys are in relation to our big board, how they fit into the team that took them, and if they fill a need or not.

The commentary is based on the individual players themselves, rather than only about the grade.

jamze132
04-29-2010, 06:02 AM
Sorry but Spiller won't be starting unless him and Jackson are on the field for the firdt play together. Jackson has earned the right to "start" if you will, but Spiller will see a good portion of touches early on. And if he is producing, he will see more and more. I still think he will be the punt catcher for the season and possibly even the kick returner, but that depends how much he used in the offense. If he is touching the ball 15 times on offense, I do not want him returning kickoffs.

DraftBoy
04-29-2010, 07:35 AM
Sorry but Spiller won't be starting unless him and Jackson are on the field for the firdt play together. Jackson has earned the right to "start" if you will, but Spiller will see a good portion of touches early on. And if he is producing, he will see more and more. I still think he will be the punt catcher for the season and possibly even the kick returner, but that depends how much he used in the offense. If he is touching the ball 15 times on offense, I do not want him returning kickoffs.

It all depends on how you define starting and I dont think its fair to list CJ Spiller (or Dexter McCluster) as a RB on a roster. If anything their position should be similar ATH or PLY because that's what they are. I dont think either will ever be true 25+ carry a games back. They will get their touches on carries, wildcat, catches, and returns. Most of all though (and especially early on) they will be decoy players.

So will Spiller start at RB? No, probably not, but he'll likely see the field about as much as any starter would at a skill position.

ddaryl
04-29-2010, 08:15 AM
on paper I would agree with that. On the field, though, they've shown no signs of slowing down.

I thought they showed signs of slowing down last season

ParanoidAndroid
04-29-2010, 09:11 AM
You don't ever want to just trash a team or player even in commentary, not if you ever want to get access to that team or its players. We are not an op-ed based NFL Draft site we scout players. The grade is based on where guys are in relation to our big board, how they fit into the team that took them, and if they fill a need or not.

The commentary is based on the individual players themselves, rather than only about the grade.

Gotcha. :up:

DraftBoy
04-29-2010, 10:33 AM
I would be shocked if that many rookies start. And if they do it is more of an inditement of how bad the rest of the roster is than anything else. Spiller may not even start, similar to the way Thurman Thomas didn't "start" as a rookie.

In any event, we all know that it is harder for a rookie to start and or get meaninful playing time on a good team than a bad team, so that is not really the appropriate measuring stick.

I dont disagree one bit with the bolded.

Night Train
04-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Rating aside, Chavous had the most knowledge of anyone else covering this draft by a mile.

When asked about certain players, he could give solid details of their skill sets and give specific gameday examples of a players performance. That explained his beliefs on whether he belived their skill sets could transfer well to the NFL. He had solid reports on everybody and was very prepared.

Ex. He was talking about the WR Easley that we took in Round 4. Stated he was still a raw route runner but showed his 83 yd. TD vs. West Virginia, where he breaks loose and just pulls away with his 4.4 speed. Stated his best football is still in front of him and you can't teach that size and blazing speed. Good pick. - Wasn't all caught up in stats.

Marvelous
04-29-2010, 06:29 PM

You heard Buddy " WE DON'T UNDERSTAND ALL THAT MOVING & HOPPING AROUND"
---I do support moving down here & there,, & moving up if need be. Like Andy Levitre last year...But NE trading every single time they came on the **** was annoying & very frustrating to track.. BB, made a mock of the draft by trading every which way & drafting two TE's that high etc. Not that Gronkowski & The Gainsville TE aren't good, but it's a sign that they aren't drafting by need at all ebcause they feel the "needs" are minimal....

---Sue I/WE we're all jealous at all the picks NE accumulated, but that's just not our style..
---What scares me about New England & BB is they have Oaklands #1 pick this year. I fear it oculd be a top-5 pick :mad:

justasportsfan
04-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Grades are merely opinions about what they did in the draft. You telling us you don't have an opinion?

jamze132
04-30-2010, 06:21 AM
It all depends on how you define starting and I dont think its fair to list CJ Spiller (or Dexter McCluster) as a RB on a roster. If anything their position should be similar ATH or PLY because that's what they are. I dont think either will ever be true 25+ carry a games back. They will get their touches on carries, wildcat, catches, and returns. Most of all though (and especially early on) they will be decoy players.

So will Spiller start at RB? No, probably not, but he'll likely see the field about as much as any starter would at a skill position.
That's what I said...sort of.

billz83
04-30-2010, 02:46 PM
hahahaha the bills dont get an A-!!! this draft was not great by ANY MEANS! ya we got a RB but we already hadd RBz! These clowns that run this team didnt sign any free agents because they were extremely "confident" in this draft class and they were going to get these players thru the "draft"..except for the fact they DIDNT! we still need a QB, an OLINE!, a LB..etc..so they didnt get these guys thru free agency or the draft..and the 2nd part of free agency has started and these fools are STILL SLEEPING! unbelievable! it all boils down to 1 man and that is the cheapest owner in sports franchise history RALPH WILSON!