X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Excellent Article by Sullivan

This pretty much hits the nail on the head.

Ruff has to take a big share of the blame. It gets tiresome, hearing about his system. Why can't his team score on the power play? Why do they wait until halfway through the series to play physical? Why do so many promising young forwards fail to develop on his watch?

And why don't Ruff's teams reflect his tough-guy persona? He has been the coach for 13 years. He has power. Ruff should walk into Regier's office and declare that if they don't trade Roy or Connolly, he's going to resign.

Regier has done a nice job of stockpiling young players. But his teams lack the physical edge to thrive in the playoffs. His formula for success has been a great goalie and a small, finesse team. It hasn't worked. They couldn't put it over the top with Dominik Hasek, and they couldn't win a series this year with Ryan Miller
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: Excellent Article by Sullivan

"Ruff should walk into Regier's office and declare that if they don't trade Roy or Connolly, he's going to resign."

Righhhhhht

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
      "Ruff should walk into Regier's office and declare that if they don't trade Roy or Connolly, he's going to resign."

Righhhhhht
      If he really knows talent and understands how this team is a mess from a core standpoint, he would.

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

i don't think its a massive overhang that's needed.. but i do think they should look into moving some of the goalscoring talent they have on the wings to acquire a good or great center or two. either move up in round 1 to one of the top picks if there is a great kid in this draft... or trade with another team to find one (we probably need 2 better centers then what we have on our roster now).
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• mchurchfie
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
          i don't think its a massive overhang that's needed.. but i do think they should look into moving some of the goalscoring talent they have on the wings to acquire a good or great center or two. either move up in round 1 to one of the top picks if there is a great kid in this draft... or trade with another team to find one (we probably need 2 better centers then what we have on our roster now).
          Agreed. We need a better centers, especially on the draw. That would give us better puck possession time immediately. It is a highly inderrated aspect of the game. Roy isn't too bad but Connelly like everything else is weak at it.
          My Band
          daveviterna.com

Comment

Working...
          X