PDA

View Full Version : How well do you Think the Bills are Doing?

Mike
04-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Just about every year a team takes a huge reach, and the homers on that team find a way to justify that pick while it is obvious to everyone else that the pick was bad. Sometimes these picks are so bad that even average fans that only look at mock drafts would not make the same mistake.

This year it was Jax selecting Alualu (sp) who I think will be a good player, but deffintaly not top 10 talent this yr. Last year it was the Raiders taking a speedy wr that was not top 10 material. These mistakes were obvious to all but homers that justify the picks.

A few years ago the Bills did the same thing taking Whittner (sp) a player no one had in the top 10. Bills homers justified the pick agruing that he could become a great player... and kept justifying it for years, until the Reality Set in. He is average! We could of had a Top DT - consensus was that he was a better player.

This year we reach w/the Troup Pick. Most GM had him as a 3rd or 4th rounder! We took him in the second ahead of Cody, who most experst had rated much higher. Now Bills fans are justifying the pick and critizing the media. You will be doing this for 3 more years, until it is appeart that it was a bad pick, then justify the bad pick by arguing that hiegn sight is only 20/20.

Why is that even after 10yrs of bad football we Bills fans can not call a spade a spade and realize when bad football decisions are being made? Why do you have to wait 3-5yrs until it is appearent, why is it obvious to everyone but us?

Jouron was an obviously bad hire, some on this board critized it many justified it!
Gaily is an even worse hire, and only a few crisized it and many more justified it?

Is false hope that impartant, that you are not even willing to call a spade a spade?

SO in being honest with yourself, for a second, how well are the Bills doing this offseason. What do you think about their 2nd rd pick, would you have made same pick as GM? And would you have hired Gaily?

Iehoshua
04-28-2010, 02:57 PM
The answer will come at the conclusion of Jan 2nd.

THATHURMANATOR
04-28-2010, 02:58 PM
I am behind Troup all the way. They had their choice of a couple good NTs and chose him. He fits their Defense very well. I suppose you could call him a reach but then you would have to own a crystal ball to know that no other team would have selected him before our next pick. Since that is impossible I don't see why the need to second guess at this juncture. If he is a terrible player then sure question the pick all day, but to do so now is idiotic IMO.

BillsOwnAll
04-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Just about every year a team takes a huge reach, and the homers on that team find a way to justify that pick while it is obvious to everyone else that the pick was bad. Sometimes these picks are so bad that even average fans that only look at mock drafts would not make the same mistake.

This year it was Jax selecting Alualu (sp) who I think will be a good player, but deffintaly not top 10 talent this yr. Last year it was the Raiders taking a speedy wr that was not top 10 material. These mistakes were obvious to all but homers that justify the picks.

A few years ago the Bills did the same thing taking Whittner (sp) a player no one had in the top 10. Bills homers justified the pick agruing that he could become a great player... and kept justifying it for years, until the Reality Set in. He is average! We could of had a Top DT - consensus was that he was a better player.

This year we reach w/the Troup Pick. Most GM had him as a 3rd or 4th rounder! We took him in the second ahead of Cody, who most experst had rated much higher. Now Bills fans are justifying the pick and critizing the media. You will be doing this for 3 more years, until it is appeart that it was a bad pick, then justify the bad pick by arguing that hiegn sight is only 20/20.

Why is that even after 10yrs of bad football we Bills fans can not call a spade a spade and realize when bad football decisions are being made? Why do you have to wait 3-5yrs until it is appearent, why is it obvious to everyone but us?

Jouron was an obviously bad hire, some on this board critized it many justified it!
Gaily is an even worse hire, and only a few crisized it and many more justified it?

Is false hope that impartant, that you are not even willing to call a spade a spade?

SO in being honest with yourself, for a second, how well are the Bills doing this offseason. What do you think about their 2nd rd pick, would you have made same pick as GM? And would you have hired Gaily?

you can say this about 90% of draft picks. And thats what fans do..we rally around our team..MOST of us dont salt over what coulda shoulda been. I apoligze for being a fan and liking who we pick! GO HOME

Philagape
04-28-2010, 03:01 PM

You don't have a clue what "most GM" were thinking. And there are no other "experts."

hydro
04-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Ko Simpson and Ashton Youboty were good value when we drafted them. Look how that turned out. The Draft is a crapshoot for the most part especially when comparing with a Mock Draft.

mysticsoto
04-28-2010, 03:03 PM

There's no way Troup ends up lasting until the 3rd or 4th. Look at the run on DTs after we take him. 4 DTs go. And like 2 of those teams were 3-4 defense teams. Troup would have been long gone and we would have ended up with a lesser NT. Considering we currently have Kyle Williams - and although the coaches seem to like him, he is MOST DEFINITELY not suited for a NT position. He will help on passing downs since he's more of a penetrator than a space clogger, but we absolutely needed a top NT. And with Williams gone, and Cody being an absolute risk, the FO grabbed the next best guy.

I don't have a problem with that.

THATHURMANATOR
04-28-2010, 03:03 PM
You don't have a clue what "most GM" were thinking. And there are no other "experts."
Yep the GMs are the only experts that count. The Kipers, Mcshays of the world mean nothing.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2010, 03:08 PM
first and foremost we have to look at who was in charge the past 10 years...

donahoe and levy/jaroun...

buddy nix comes here 2 years ago and we had our best draft in 10 years with wood, levitre, byrd and nelson... maybin was a jaroun pick.... doesnt mean maybin cant be good, he is explosive, but the jury is still out and he must produce this year and get some sacks...its on record that maybin was not a nix pick...

now time will only tell but the one thing you can see is that the bills drafted very big strong players -(troup, carrington, wang, moats, batten, calloway)... we didnt draft one db... and im betting that even if our secondary was just avg nix still would have drafted mostly lineman... thats a big change in philosophy... i dont agree that troup was a reach, because ive seen the tape, he is cody without the blubber and fat... he is basically a clone of wilfork...

lastly our success the last 10 years has been hindered for one big reason... we have no qb! if you put tom brady on this team everything would be different...so next year if edwards cant improve with a real offensive coordinator then the biggest pick nix will be judged on will be the qb pick next year, whether it be locker devlin or mallett...

Bill Cody
04-28-2010, 03:08 PM
For what it's worth Dallas apparently had him as a 4th. I'm not saying we should have tried to get him in the 3rd, we HAD to have a good NT out of this draft. But I really doubt trading down 10-12 slots would have been a problem.

Billz_fan
04-28-2010, 04:03 PM
you can say this about 90% of draft picks. And thats what fans do..we rally around our team..MOST of us dont salt over what coulda shoulda been. I apoligze for being a fan and liking who we pick! GO HOME

Everytime someone posts anything that asks or states an opinion that comes across as questioning the Bills or doubting in any way what they do this is the response you get. Cracks me up every time.

Im sure you would like every poster on the board to have the same opinions as you and this would be just one big place for rah rah and high fives :laughter:

CoolBreeze
04-28-2010, 04:26 PM
first and foremost we have to look at who was in charge the past 10 years...

donahoe and levy/jaroun...

buddy nix comes here 2 years ago and we had our best draft in 10 years with wood, levitre, byrd and nelson... maybin was a jaroun pick.... doesnt mean maybin cant be good, he is explosive, but the jury is still out and he must produce this year and get some sacks...its on record that maybin was not a nix pick...

now time will only tell but the one thing you can see is that the bills drafted very big strong players -(troup, carrington, wang, moats, batten, calloway)... we didnt draft one db... and im betting that even if our secondary was just avg nix still would have drafted mostly lineman... thats a big change in philosophy... i dont agree that troup was a reach, because ive seen the tape, he is cody without the blubber and fat... he is basically a clone of wilfork...

lastly our success the last 10 years has been hindered for one big reason... we have no qb! if you put tom brady on this team everything would be different...so next year if edwards cant improve with a real offensive coordinator then the biggest pick nix will be judged on will be the qb pick next year, whether it be locker devlin or mallett...

I could be wrong but isn't this Nix first year?

THATHURMANATOR
04-28-2010, 04:30 PM
I could be wrong but isn't this Nix first year?
As GM but he was a scout/consultant for the team last season and did have input on some of the selections last year.

JCBills
04-28-2010, 06:34 PM

So how many NFL GMs do you talk to regularly?

BillsOwnAll
04-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Everytime someone posts anything that asks or states an opinion that comes across as questioning the Bills or doubting in any way what they do this is the response you get. Cracks me up every time.

Im sure you would like every poster on the board to have the same opinions as you and this would be just one big place for rah rah and high fives :laughter:

No, Its just I know my opinion isnt better then anyone elses. Especially when it comes to the draft. I dont, You dont, He doesnt,, NOONE knows anything about what the GMS are actually thinking. ESPN pays Kiper/Mcsshay big bucks...they dont know! I hate people talking about who we shoulda drafted and why. I mean i dont like people who like hearing them selves talk outta there arses.

Griff
04-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Oh look another poster who is pissy because we didn't go QB and LT in the first rounds. I suppose our bottom of the league run defense, and our idiot "starting" RB means nothing to you.

Mr. Pink
04-28-2010, 07:09 PM
I dislike the Spiller pick most of anyone we took over this draft.

The rest are good football players who actually fit the many holes this team has.

Spiller was a luxury pick that a team this poor simply couldn't afford to make.

Billz_fan
04-28-2010, 07:13 PM
No, Its just I know my opinion isnt better then anyone elses. Especially when it comes to the draft. I dont, You dont, He doesnt,, NOONE knows anything about what the GMS are actually thinking. ESPN pays Kiper/Mcsshay big bucks...they dont know! I hate people talking about who we shoulda drafted and why. I mean i dont like people who like hearing them selves talk outta there arses.

ok I got it, you don't like so it's bad. I will refrain from discussing things you don't like and don't agree with so as to be a real fan and not told to go away. Im there !! Is stuff like this ok ? If so I will make sure this is what I do.

:gobills: :homer: :hiclap:

OpIv37
04-28-2010, 07:26 PM

If you're a fan, then you want the team to win by definition. But, bad picks are what KEEPS this team from winning. So, how can you stand behind bad picks? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Of course we WANT Troup to do well. But some of us are able to make a distinction between hope and expectations. As fans, we all HOPE our team does well. But, those of us who aren't blind homers are able to have much more realistic expectations.

The Bills took Troup. The Ravens took Cody. Compare the Bills and Ravens over the last 10 years. Who has drafted better? Who has had more success on the field? I'll trust the GM that has earned the benefit of the doubt over the one that wants benefit of the doubt based on title alone.

Typ0
04-28-2010, 07:27 PM
I love how the perceived guys that are worth a crap are nix's picks and the perceived guys that are worth poop are jauron's picks. Tells the whole story of Bills nation right there.

Philagape
04-28-2010, 07:38 PM
The Bills took Troup. The Ravens took Cody. Compare the Bills and Ravens over the last 10 years. Who has drafted better? Who has had more success on the field? I'll trust the GM that has earned the benefit of the doubt over the one that wants benefit of the doubt based on title alone.

Two things: During those 10 years, Nix helped build a pretty good team in San Diego; and how do we know the Ravens wouldn't have picked Troup over Cody if they had the choice?

OpIv37
04-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Two things: During those 10 years, Nix helped build a pretty good team in San Diego; and how do we know the Ravens wouldn't have picked Troup over Cody if they had the choice?

because the Ravens are smarter than that.

Philagape
04-28-2010, 07:48 PM
because the Ravens are smarter than that.

That's changing the argument from what the Ravens have done to what you would have done.

OpIv37
04-28-2010, 07:50 PM
That's changing the argument from what the Ravens have done to what you would have done.

Pretty much EVERYONE who evaluates the draft considered Cody better than Troup, and the Ravens took Cody. Right now, there is no definitive way to tell which one will be better, but when the consensus is that strong, it's rarely wrong. See Orakpo/Maybin.

Philagape
04-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Pretty much EVERYONE who evaluates the draft considered Cody better than Troup, and the Ravens took Cody. Right now, there is no definitive way to tell which one will be better, but when the consensus is that strong, it's rarely wrong. See Orakpo/Maybin.

What the Ravens did is moot because they didn't choose between the two.
And like you said, there's no way to tell right now. Busts are busts because they didn't do what the consensus thought they'd do, and there's been a lot of em.

psubills62
04-28-2010, 08:05 PM

Cody is a good fit for Baltimore because they have depth on their DL that Cody can play behind for a little while. We had NO ONE. Cody is good at what he does - stuffing the run. But that's all he does, he doesn't do much at all against the pass.

Is that what you want as our only true NT, going against Tom Brady and the no-huddle? Would you like to see Cody huffing and puffing his way through 11 straight plays that lead to a TD because our NT has zero ability to actually push the pile instead of just staying in place?

Oh, and just FYI, pretty much EVERYONE who evaluates the draft also considered: Charles Brown to be better than Saffold, Sergio Kindle to be better than Koa Misi, Dez Bryant to be better than Demaryius Thomas, Kyle Wilson to better than both Devin McCourty and Kareem Jackson, Linval Joseph to be better than Terrence Cody, etc.

Shall I go on? Sometimes GM's don't see the same things as "evaluators of the draft." And I'm talking good GM's/coaches, like Belichick, Bill Parcells, and Jerry Reese. Is it any coincidence that multiple NT-needy teams passed on Cody, some of them TWICE? Miami passed on him twice, Kansas City passed on him twice, the Ravens even passed on him once, Denver passed on him, Giants passed on him, Carolina passed on him, San Francisco passed on him, and Minnesota passed on him twice.

Why don't you actually wait until Troup plays to pass judgment?

ServoBillieves
04-28-2010, 08:32 PM
"Experts" watch tape and look at statistics. I know occasionally they get to speak with the talent, but the scouts know what they're doing for the most part (as proven wrong by the Bills in parts the past couple years). The point is, you could be 2 picks away from being Mr. Irrelevant (Marques Colsten) the 199th pick (Tom Brady) or pick 1 (Bruce Smith) and become a superstar... I doesn't matter where you are taken or are "whatever round" talent, that talent officially becomes NFL talent.

Was JaMarccus Russell first round talent?
Ask people who bought a Ryan Leaf jersey if he was first round talent.
Hell, take a look at the 2002 first round and tell me a a third of them are 1st round talent.

They are now NFL talent. The team got what they wanted, and us as fans/other organizations/Mel Kiper's hair/the obese 43 year old in the back of a Game Stop playing World of Warcraft under the name "Sexybabe21"/whoever doesn't know what the scouts heard/saw, what the front office wanted, or the TRUE direction this team is going.

I don't care. They're Bills now, so I root for them.

OpIv37
04-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Why don't you actually wait until Troup plays to pass judgment?

Because I've seen this team make this mistake FAR too many times. Until they've proven they can get it right, they don't get the benefit of the doubt.

And before you go off about this being Nix's first draft: Brandon, Modrak, and Overdorf are still here and they are still getting paid by Ralph. This looks like same ****, different day, so I will treat it like that until they prove otherwise.

OpIv37
04-28-2010, 09:38 PM
I don't care. They're Bills now, so I root for them.

do we have to have this ****ing ridiculous argument AGAIN? NO ONE said anything about not rooting for them. Of course we're rooting for everyone on the team. Of course we want them to do well.

But wanting them to do well and expecting them to do well are two completely different things.

Philagape
04-28-2010, 09:45 PM
And before you go off about this being Nix's first draft: Brandon, Guy, and Overdorf are still here and they are still getting paid by Ralph. This looks like same ****, different day, so I will treat it like that until they prove otherwise.

Guy isn't still here, and Brandon and Overdorf aren't football guys. They don't do the drafting.

OpIv37
04-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Guy isn't still here, and Brandon and Overdorf aren't football guys. They don't do the drafting.

whoops, confused Guy and Modrak.

BillsOwnAll
04-28-2010, 10:19 PM
If you're a fan, then you want the team to win by definition. But, bad picks are what KEEPS this team from winning. So, how can you stand behind bad picks? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Of course we WANT Troup to do well. But some of us are able to make a distinction between hope and expectations. As fans, we all HOPE our team does well. But, those of us who aren't blind homers are able to have much more realistic expectations.

Ok Well look how Nix drafted in SD, I like it. And you have no info on whether this draft is good or bad, You have yet to see them play in the NFL. Root for them to do good instead of just saying there going to suck. I dont mind you negativity but when its just plain ignorant you said stupid.

BillsOwnAll
04-28-2010, 10:22 PM
ok I got it, you don't like so it's bad. I will refrain from discussing things you don't like and don't agree with so as to be a real fan and not told to go away. Im there !! Is stuff like this ok ? If so I will make sure this is what I do.

:gobills: :homer: :hiclap:

Is this even English? You know nothing about our draft picks and your already throwing them under the bus, Thats why im telling you to go home.

Billz_fan
04-29-2010, 12:47 AM
Is this even English? You know nothing about our draft picks and your already throwing them under the bus, Thats why im telling you to go home.

I never posted anything about the draft picks, nor did I throw anyone under the bus and it was not me who you were telling to go home :laughter:

Once you go back and read you will see that I was just defending anyones right to post opposing points of view without being told to go home. Yes that includes the ones you deem as stupid to.

Night Train
04-29-2010, 05:01 AM
I'm judging the current regime starting last year, when Nix arrived. Jauron still had the call on the first pick (Maybin) and then came 4 starters after that (Wood,Byrd,Levitre,Nelson).

This year, I'm betting the Bills have plans to play the first 2 picks a lot, Carrington gets rotational snaps and eventually could replace Stroud. The big WR will see a few balls. The rest of the picks will provide much needed depth.

TD..gone...Levy..gone...Jauron...gone. They picked Whitner, Losman, McCargo etc. This doesn't apply to Nix & Gailey. That's just another golden opportunity to ***** & moan.

The new regime get a chance to rebuild and turn the all mistakes around.

Pointing out Troup as an example of failure, based on a website rating.. What a load.

jamze132
04-29-2010, 05:53 AM

Dolphins fans rally around their GM who called a prospects' mother a ho. ROFL

YardRat
04-29-2010, 06:00 AM
How do you know the Ravens wouldn't have taken Troup over Kindle at 43, or even over Cody at 57, but couldn't because the Bills already snagged him?

Edit...Nevermind, I see the ? was already asked and answered.

OpIv37
04-29-2010, 07:03 AM
Ok Well look how Nix drafted in SD, I like it. And you have no info on whether this draft is good or bad, You have yet to see them play in the NFL. Root for them to do good instead of just saying there going to suck. I dont mind you negativity but when its just plain ignorant you said stupid.

Why does it have to be one or the other? As a fan, of course I'm going to root for him to do well. But as a person who can think logically, I have plenty of reason to expect him to suck. It's not ignorant and stupid. Pretty much EVERYONE who analyzes the draft had Cody ahead of Troup (just like Orakpo/Maybin last year- how'd that one turn out?). A team that has been much better than the Bills took Cody.

So, you're calling it ignorant and stupid because you don't like what I'm saying, but with the limited about of information we have at the moment, there is plenty of cause for concern.

I've had very similar conversations to this one regarding Trent Edwards, John McCargo, Donte Whitner, Aaron Maybin.... so maybe, just maybe, there is something to it.

better days
04-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Why does it have to be one or the other? As a fan, of course I'm going to root for him to do well. But as a person who can think logically, I have plenty of reason to expect him to suck. It's not ignorant and stupid. Pretty much EVERYONE who analyzes the draft had Cody ahead of Troup (just like Orakpo/Maybin last year- how'd that one turn out?). A team that has been much better than the Bills took Cody.

So, you're calling it ignorant and stupid because you don't like what I'm saying, but with the limited about of information we have at the moment, there is plenty of cause for concern.

I've had very similar conversations to this one regarding Trent Edwards, John McCargo, Donte Whitner, Aaron Maybin.... so maybe, just maybe, there is something to it.

While I did not like the Maybin pick, & Orakpo had a better rookie year, it remains to be seen which has the better career.

BillsOwnAll
04-29-2010, 08:31 AM
] See Orakpo/Maybin.

They both have one year under there belt. Who cares who had the better rookie year. Who had a better rookie year peyton manning or tom brady? NOONE CARES. Give maybin 2 more years before you label him a bust. This is where im talking about your ignorance.

OpIv37
04-29-2010, 10:24 AM
They both have one year under there belt. Who cares who had the better rookie year. Who had a better rookie year peyton manning or tom brady? NOONE CARES. Give maybin 2 more years before you label him a bust. This is where im talking about your ignorance.
Maybin did NOTHING last year. Literally nothing. You talk about ignorance and then you compare two completely different positions.

I guarantee that Maybin will NEVER be as good as Orakpo.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Maybin did NOTHING last year. Literally nothing. You talk about ignorance and then you compare two completely different positions.

I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL STOMP U!!!!! MAYBIN IS A BEAST!

OpIv37
04-29-2010, 10:33 AM
I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL STOMP U!!!!! MAYBIN IS A BEAST!
Orakpo is a beast. Maybin is nothing.

justasportsfan
04-29-2010, 10:34 AM

Do you know for a fact that the Ravens would have taken Cody if Troup was available too?

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2010, 10:35 AM

Agreed on the first part he was a waste last season

I would never make a guarantee like that. The odds are easily in your favor though.

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Do you know for a fact that the Ravens would have taken Cody if Troup was available too?
Good point. What is their to trust. He didn't have the choice of Troup OR Cody. There was nothing to trust.

justasportsfan
04-29-2010, 10:38 AM
If we picked Cody and the Ravens took Troup, OP would have said we picked the wrong guy because the ravens drafted better in the past when Nix wasn't in charge.

OpIv37
04-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Agreed on the first part he was a waste last season

I would never make a guarantee like that. The odds are easily in your favor though.
And that's been my point with these homers all along. The odds are my favor with almost everything I say. That's why i say it. I don't have insider info and Im not a football genius. I just look at it objectively and play the odds. But when the odds aren't in Buffalo's favor, people get bent out of shape because they don't want to hear it.

Billz_fan
04-29-2010, 11:48 AM
But when the odds aren't in Buffalo's favor, people get bent out of shape because they don't want to hear it.

Amen to that. This was my point earlier. As soon as you say something these guys don't want to hear you get hit with the "real fans do this" "go away" "go home" and "your no GM" the fact that Buffalo has stunk fo a decade doesn't matter either. We are supposed to just blindly believe the FO now knows exactly what they are doing and we should not question them or anything they do.

justasportsfan
04-29-2010, 12:00 PM
We are supposed to just blindly believe the FO now knows exactly what they are doing and we should not question them or anything they do.
nope. no one is saying that. It's assanine however to blame the current FO for past drafts that they had either nothing to do with or had no control over decisions made.

NorthCarBills
04-29-2010, 12:14 PM
nope. no one is saying that. It's assanine however to blame the current FO for past drafts that they had either nothing to do with or had no control over decisions made.

Agree with this. I think so far the FA moves and the draft under this regime are solid, and putting us on the right track for future success. I do not expect to have a 180 degree year vs. the last 10. Clearly we're cleaning up a mess from last decade, and implementing a new offensive and defensive philosophy which also takes time (in addition to revamping a roster).

It's fair to be jaded and want success now, especially after 10 years of losing and being faithful fans. But that's just not the reality. For Bills fans most likely, the enjoyment in 2010 should come from watching a better coached team, seeing the progression of young players, and hopefully finding a way to win some of the close games we lost last year.

OpIv37
04-29-2010, 12:19 PM

Other than adding Buddy Nix and losing Guy, it's the SAME FO. And just like the previous 3 incarnations of the FO, Ralph is still making the decisions and paying the bills. There isn't NEARLY as much change as you like to think there is.

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2010, 12:21 PM
Other than adding Buddy Nix and losing Guy, it's the SAME FO. And just like the previous 3 incarnations of the FO, Ralph is still making the decisions and paying the bills. There isn't NEARLY as much change as you like to think there is.
What about Whaley? I am pretty sure he is the assistant GM and was in Pittsburgh last season.

OpIv37
04-29-2010, 12:26 PM
What about Whaley? I am pretty sure he is the assistant GM and was in Pittsburgh last season.

Same guys at the top, same guys choosing the GM/assistant GM, same guy writing the checks. Did it change when we brought in Donahoe? Did it change when we brought in Levy? Did it change when Levy left for Brandon? It's not going to change now either. You're looking at organizational failure, and one or two token changes to appease fans won't fix that.

Mike
04-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Imagine if the Bills took a Punter with the #1 Overall pick next year

.... I bet many of you would make the same arguments

1. how do you Know he was not worth it, only time will tell, trust in FO
2. who knows maybe Oakland would have taken him at #2 overall, how do you know what GMs are thinking
3. we had a Great Draft, our O Line is Good, way underrated, and all those rookies from last year will really have a great 2nd yr,
4. Trading down, what , how do you know the bills had any offers
5. So what if he is a Punter, he may be Hall of Famer, half of the 1st rounders are Busts anyway, are you telling me that you would prefer a bust of a Hall of Fame kicker, bills made great select
6.finnaly we can trade Mormon, maybe for a couple of first
..... and so on...
mean while OpiV is trying to argue that picking a Punter with the first overall pick is just dumb...
...................of course the Homers take it the wrong way,
"how can you not root for this guy opIv, you are such a pessimist are you really a bills fan"

Its comical, the Bills make the same mistakes year after year, it obvious and the majority of you only notice the bad pick 5yrs later when we can not even go and blame the previous administration while this one is no better....

better days
04-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Imagine if the Bills took a Punter with the #1 Overall pick next year

.... I bet many of you would make the same arguments

1. how do you Know he was not worth it, only time will tell, trust in FO
2. who knows maybe Oakland would have taken him at #2 overall, how do you know what GMs are thinking
3. we had a Great Draft, our O Line is Good, way underrated, and all those rookies from last year will really have a great 2nd yr,
4. Trading down, what , how do you know the bills had any offers
5. So what if he is a Punter, he may be Hall of Famer, half of the 1st rounders are Busts anyway, are you telling me that you would prefer a bust of a Hall of Fame kicker, bills made great select
6.finnaly we can trade Mormon, maybe for a couple of first
..... and so on...
mean while OpiV is trying to argue that picking a Punter with the first overall pick is just dumb...
...................of course the Homers take it the wrong way,
"how can you not root for this guy opIv, you are such a pessimist are you really a bills fan"

Its comical, the Bills make the same mistakes year after year, it obvious and the majority of you only notice the bad pick 5yrs later when we can not even go and blame the previous administration while this one is no better....

If you & others with the same view point are so down on the Bills why not turn in your fan card? You have no hope & will only cause yourself pain & aggravation watching the Bills.