• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Number 1 seed falls

Montreal does it!!! comes back from a 3-1 defeceit to win the series 4-3 only the 22nd team to come back from a 3-1 series defeceit 1st to do it as a #8 seed.

SORRY OVENCHICKEN YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER YEAR!

so here are the second round Eastern Conference Semi's (up to date)

7 Philadelphia
    6 Boston

8 Montreal
    4 Pittsburgh
    Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 04-28-2010, 09:00 PM.
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Number 1 seed falls

Great...too bad this organization's goal isn't to win the Cup...otherwise they might have had a great chance to do it this year!

Comment

• SabreEleven
      • Aug 2002

The Western Conference team is going to roll over the Eastern Conference except maybe Pittsburgh.

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

Pretty lame how the bottom 2 playoff teams from our division advance and the top 2 are bounced in the first round. Pitt has it on cruise control to the cup final.

Comment

• wmoz11
          • Sep 2008

Lol @ the Caps. Nothing makes me happier than seeing them crash and burn. Another big game for Ovechkin when it matters...

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Wagon Circler 22
            Pretty lame how the bottom 2 playoff teams from our division advance and the top 2 are bounced in the first round. Pitt has it on cruise control to the cup final.
            top 3 counting us.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
              • Dec 2008

Crazy! I live down in Northern, VA. There are going to be a LOT of depressed and pissed off people tomorrow.

Well, Pittsburgh pretty much has a cake walk to the Stanley Cup. I don't see any of the remaining teams winning more than two games against Pitt.

Comment

• JD
                Sabres Zone
                • Sep 2003

Insane. I couldn't believe there weren't any phantom calls to try and throw the game to Washington..
                “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• G Wolly
                  • Mar 2004

After watching the epic meltdown of the Capitals after being up 3 games to 1, I'm glad we went out how we did, knowing we couldn't make it.

If that happened to us, mass riots/suicides all around.

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

wow what an opportunity for Boston
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                      • Feb 2006

If Op was a caps fan his head would explode lol

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

**** O*****kin.

I hope that little **** Crosby is the next to go home.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

i read an interesting article about what it takes to win in the Cup in the NHL playoffs... and the basic recipe was...

1) Goaltender
                          2) 2 or 3 Great Centers
                          3) 2 great puck moving Defensemen

The article predicted Washington would go down in round 1 or 2 because while Ov(however his name is spelled) is a great player, he's just a winger, and wingers can be shut down no matter how good they are if there isn't a great center to feed them the puck. It also concluded that Washington's goaltending wasn't good enough.

I remember reading the article before the playoffs started and thought "if this is true then the Sabres will probably go down in round 1 or 2 as well. because like Washington, all our goalscoring strength is on the wings, and our centers are pretty mediocre.

Guess what. both teams lost in round 1. And Roy and Connelly never showed up.
                          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• hydro
                            • Oct 2005

So OP goes on and on about how the Caps are so much better than the Sabres and that we should wish we played like them. Didn't get them too far...
                            BERNIAC!

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                              i read an interesting article about what it takes to win in the Cup in the NHL playoffs... and the basic recipe was...

1) Goaltender
                              2) 2 or 3 Great Centers
                              3) 2 great puck moving Defensemen

The article predicted Washington would go down in round 1 or 2 because while Ov(however his name is spelled) is a great player, he's just a winger, and wingers can be shut down no matter how good they are if there isn't a great center to feed them the puck. It also concluded that Washington's goaltending wasn't good enough.

I remember reading the article before the playoffs started and thought "if this is true then the Sabres will probably go down in round 1 or 2 as well. because like Washington, all our goalscoring strength is on the wings, and our centers are pretty mediocre.

Guess what. both teams lost in round 1. And Roy and Connelly never showed up.
                              And the Sabres' crash occurred after they lost their top two centers who led them to the conference finals two straight years.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X