PDA

View Full Version : Number 1 seed falls

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Montreal does it!!! comes back from a 3-1 defeceit to win the series 4-3 only the 22nd team to come back from a 3-1 series defeceit 1st to do it as a #8 seed.

SORRY OVENCHICKEN YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER YEAR!

so here are the second round Eastern Conference Semi's (up to date)

7 Philadelphia
6 Boston

8 Montreal
4 Pittsburgh

Nighthawk
04-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Great...too bad this organization's goal isn't to win the Cup...otherwise they might have had a great chance to do it this year!

SabreEleven
04-28-2010, 09:28 PM
The Western Conference team is going to roll over the Eastern Conference except maybe Pittsburgh.

Buffalogic
04-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Pretty lame how the bottom 2 playoff teams from our division advance and the top 2 are bounced in the first round. Pitt has it on cruise control to the cup final.

wmoz11
04-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Lol @ the Caps. Nothing makes me happier than seeing them crash and burn. Another big game for Ovechkin when it matters...

OpIv37
04-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Pretty lame how the bottom 2 playoff teams from our division advance and the top 2 are bounced in the first round. Pitt has it on cruise control to the cup final.

top 3 counting us.

kelly2reed4six
04-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Crazy! I live down in Northern, VA. There are going to be a LOT of depressed and pissed off people tomorrow.

Well, Pittsburgh pretty much has a cake walk to the Stanley Cup. I don't see any of the remaining teams winning more than two games against Pitt.

JD
04-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Insane. I couldn't believe there weren't any phantom calls to try and throw the game to Washington..

G Wolly
04-28-2010, 11:14 PM
After watching the epic meltdown of the Capitals after being up 3 games to 1, I'm glad we went out how we did, knowing we couldn't make it.

If that happened to us, mass riots/suicides all around.

The King
04-28-2010, 11:14 PM
wow what an opportunity for Boston

Buffalogic
04-28-2010, 11:46 PM
If Op was a caps fan his head would explode lol

YardRat
04-29-2010, 05:48 AM
**** O*****kin.

I hope that little **** Crosby is the next to go home.

Ingtar33
04-29-2010, 10:23 AM
i read an interesting article about what it takes to win in the Cup in the NHL playoffs... and the basic recipe was...

1) Goaltender
2) 2 or 3 Great Centers
3) 2 great puck moving Defensemen

The article predicted Washington would go down in round 1 or 2 because while Ov(however his name is spelled) is a great player, he's just a winger, and wingers can be shut down no matter how good they are if there isn't a great center to feed them the puck. It also concluded that Washington's goaltending wasn't good enough.

I remember reading the article before the playoffs started and thought "if this is true then the Sabres will probably go down in round 1 or 2 as well. because like Washington, all our goalscoring strength is on the wings, and our centers are pretty mediocre.

Guess what. both teams lost in round 1. And Roy and Connelly never showed up.

hydro
04-29-2010, 10:29 AM
So OP goes on and on about how the Caps are so much better than the Sabres and that we should wish we played like them. Didn't get them too far...

Philagape
04-29-2010, 04:35 PM
i read an interesting article about what it takes to win in the Cup in the NHL playoffs... and the basic recipe was...

1) Goaltender
2) 2 or 3 Great Centers

The article predicted Washington would go down in round 1 or 2 because while Ov(however his name is spelled) is a great player, he's just a winger, and wingers can be shut down no matter how good they are if there isn't a great center to feed them the puck. It also concluded that Washington's goaltending wasn't good enough.

I remember reading the article before the playoffs started and thought "if this is true then the Sabres will probably go down in round 1 or 2 as well. because like Washington, all our goalscoring strength is on the wings, and our centers are pretty mediocre.

And the Sabres' crash occurred after they lost their top two centers who led them to the conference finals two straight years.

SkateZilla
04-29-2010, 07:47 PM
no to mention our puck moving defensemen, or we never had one

Crisis
04-30-2010, 03:54 AM

1) Goaltender
2) 2 or 3 Great Centers

backstrom is a great center though

halak just played out of his mind and washington doesn't have the goaltending to steal any games when they run into someone like halak on a tear.

JD
04-30-2010, 07:56 AM

1) Goaltender
2) 2 or 3 Great Centers

Send to HSBC