PDA

View Full Version : K. Mitchell: Expects Kelsay and Maybin to start off at OLB at mini-camps

Coach Sal
04-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Its new 4 everyone so we're also mixin it up--RT @Shaunta53 @Ka_Mitchell55 u playing strictly inside in the 34 or r they moving U 2 OLB?

Been tryin 2 mix it up tho. Creating comp--RT @eregitano @Ka_Mitchell55 who do you envision outside starting out at mini's?

Ive also bn workin outside--RT @eregitano @Ka_Mitchell55 tuff challenge 4 Kelsay playin n space & while Maybin seems lk a natural OLB still a new position

Undetermined. I do kno we have gr8 depth.--RT @ty_boe @Ka_Mitchell55 whos starting at ILB? Poz and you? Poz and andra? You and andra?

Kelsay and Maybin--RT @eregitano @Ka_Mitchell55 who do you envision outside starting out at mini's?

Not yet. Fans will probably kno 1st. We find out thru news and fans--RT @BuffaloFoLife @Ka_Mitchell55 U know anything on Schobel??

Inside bra--RT @Shaunta53 @Ka_Mitchell55 u playing strictly inside in the 34 or r they moving you to OLB?

Decoding all this, looks like he's saying he anticipates playing mostly ILB in the new defense, but will get work outside, but says he doesn't know who will start, and says they have great ILB depth......believes Kelsay and Maybin will open mini camp at OLB, but that they will be creating competition there with different combinations......and knows nothing of Aaron Schobel's plans.

Interestingly enough, he answered the same person's tweet twice, but with two different responses (1st and last tweets above).

DraftBoy
04-28-2010, 10:53 PM
The way some people tweet is beyond ******ed.

How hard is it to speak at least decent English?

more cowbell
04-28-2010, 10:56 PM
god i hate mitchell

BertSquirtgum
04-28-2010, 11:20 PM
tweeting is for ****tards

Prov401
04-29-2010, 02:39 AM
I'd like to see: Maybin, Poz, Davis, Ellis as our starting LB's. With Edwards, Troup and Carrington up front. This is with expecting Schobel will retire.

I'd love to cut Mitchell. He reminds me of Eddie Robinson when he was with us. Just inconsistant, and slow. However, I wouldn't mind him for depth, and as a back up.

Night Train
04-29-2010, 05:11 AM
Watch Mitchell get cut. I wouldn't be surprised.

Poz & Davis in the middle, Maybin, Kelsay & Ellis outside. We drafted 2 LB's in Round 6 and signed that big LB from Auburn to play inside.

A training camp injury may be all that is saving him.

YardRat
04-29-2010, 05:15 AM
Boy, we're weak on paper on the outside...I really hope a couple of these guys step up big-time.

Night Train
04-29-2010, 05:18 AM
Boy, we're weak on paper on the outside...I really hope a couple of these guys step up big-time.

Being it's a trasition year for the 3-4, I think it's a sink or swim year for many D Front 7 players. You just don't know what Maybin, Kelsay, Ellis etc. can do at OLB. Nor Stroud or Spencer Johnson at DE.

It's a year to find out before making a needs list for the next off-season.

YardRat
04-29-2010, 05:34 AM
Being it's a trasition year for the 3-4, I think it's a sink or swim year for many D Front 7 players. You just don't know what Maybin, Kelsay, Ellis etc. can do at OLB. Nor Stroud or Spencer Johnson at DE.

It's a year to find out before making a needs list for the next off-season.

We need to get at least one solid to above average starter out of those three guys.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2010, 05:36 AM
Watch Mitchell get cut. I wouldn't be surprised.

Poz & Davis in the middle, Maybin, Kelsay & Ellis outside. We drafted 2 LB's in Round 6 and signed that big LB from Auburn to play inside.

A training camp injury may be all that is saving him.

antonio coleman will play olb...

Dr. Lecter

This team is weak on paper in a bunch of spots.

Dr. Lecter
antonio coleman will play olb...

So? He is a UDFA. Faces a huge battle to make the team.

jamze132
04-29-2010, 05:41 AM
I don't think they will cut Mitchell or Kelsay this year, but you can take it to the bank that this is there last year on the Bills unless they explode in a 3-4, but I highly doubt Kelsay and Mitchell will do anything productive, much like there career's.

JCBills
04-29-2010, 06:03 AM
So? He is a UDFA. Faces a huge battle to make the team.

Not really, we're low on rush LB types, he has a good chance to make the team.

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2010, 06:10 AM
Not really, we're low on rush LB types, he has a good chance to make the team.

If Schobel does not retire he has Kelsay, Schobel, Maybin, Ellis, and Batten ahead of him. Since they are likely to keep 4 or 5 OLBs (and if Mitchell is on the team he can be a swing depth guy), Coleman faces a stiff battle.

Forward_Lateral
04-29-2010, 06:11 AM
Is there even a chance that Mitchell or Davis plays OLB this year?

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2010, 06:19 AM

all reports indicate that mitchell and davis will play inside, their natural position...

YardRat
04-29-2010, 06:22 AM

If Mitchell makes the team, and dependent on injuries, he could, and any versatility he might have to move around can only help him.

Hell, we had Scott playing LB last season, so just about anything is possible.

dasaybz
04-29-2010, 07:13 AM
tweeting is for ****tards

You're the ****tard that saw the title of the thread and opened it up and read it.

Mr. Miyagi
04-29-2010, 07:57 AM
I can never read those tweets.

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2010, 08:01 AM
Decoding all this, looks like he's saying he anticipates playing mostly ILB in the new defense, but will get work outside, but says he doesn't know who will start, and says they have great ILB depth......believes Kelsay and Maybin will open mini camp at OLB, but that they will be creating competition there with different combinations......and knows nothing of Aaron Schobel's plans.

Interestingly enough, he answered the same person's tweet twice, but with two different responses (1st and last tweets above).
Twitter sucks ass.

That looked like a garbled mismosh of nonsense....

Goobylal
04-29-2010, 08:01 AM
More or less what I expected, although I expect Kelsay to get the boot sooner rather than later and Schobel to retire. Also throw in Moats inside and Batten and Coleman outside.

TedMock
04-29-2010, 08:03 AM
Kelsay may have hidden talents I'm unaware, but I just do not see him as an OLB in any scheme. If our 34 uses two hand-on-the-ground OLB's, Kelsey is not the natural edge rusher. If we go old school Bills 34 and keep him standing up a la Darryl Talley style, he does not have the athleticism to play in space. I haven't looked, but I think he's around 275 lbs. Wouldn't it be better to have him go to china buffet a few times and play DE at 285-290?

Tatonka
04-29-2010, 08:38 AM
i agree ted... i think kelsay is a goner.. and to be honest.. i dont think that schobel can do it either.. i think he will be like aaron kampman last year.. just out of place and uncomfortable.. he is good enough to make a few plays, where kelsay really isnt. kelsay can not play linebacker.. there is just no way.. and he is not big enough to play DE.. i will be shocked if he is still on the roster.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-29-2010, 08:45 AM
i agree ted... i think kelsay is a goner.. and to be honest.. i dont think that schobel can do it either.. i think he will be like aaron kampman last year.. just out of place and uncomfortable.. he is good enough to make a few plays, where kelsay really isnt. kelsay can not play linebacker.. there is just no way.. and he is not big enough to play DE.. i will be shocked if he is still on the roster.

Kelsay is a good comparison to Kampman but Schobel is not. Schobel is much more athlethic and weighs 30 pounds less.

BertSquirtgum
04-29-2010, 09:17 AM
You're the ****tard that saw the title of the thread and opened it up and read it.

get the sand out of your vagina. tweeting is for homos

LVGrown
04-29-2010, 09:25 AM
get the sand out of your vagina. tweeting is for homos

so who is talking on a message board for??

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2010, 09:25 AM
i compare kelsay to matt roth who played on run downs for the dolphins 2 years ago... im not counting on schobel... right now i have this depth chart as follows

maybin
kelsay
batten
ellis
coleman

BertSquirtgum
04-29-2010, 10:16 AM
so who is talking on a message board for??

cool people, such as i

mysticsoto
04-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Kelsay may have hidden talents I'm unaware, but I just do not see him as an OLB in any scheme. If our 34 uses two hand-on-the-ground OLB's, Kelsey is not the natural edge rusher. If we go old school Bills 34 and keep him standing up a la Darryl Talley style, he does not have the athleticism to play in space. I haven't looked, but I think he's around 275 lbs. Wouldn't it be better to have him go to china buffet a few times and play DE at 285-290?

In nfl.com Kelsay is listed as 261. He's already slow at that weight. Any more will make him even slower!

New Ro's Greatest
04-29-2010, 06:36 PM
I expect Mitchell and Kelsay to be released by september! GO BILLS:anvil:

patmoran2006
04-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Adalius Thomas, anyone?

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Adalius Thomas, anyone?

I would say no, but I really mean Hell no!

DraftBoy
04-29-2010, 08:54 PM
What we need to find is a strong side OLB in the 3-4. Ellis and Maybin both project to the weak side, not sure where they seen Batten right now.

I intially projected him inside but I since Buffalo is going to play him outside I think he can handle the strong side. He's 6'2, 244, did 30 reps of 225 and has 4.6 speed.

May not be a perfect fit but he may be our best fit so far.

DraftBoy
04-29-2010, 08:58 PM
If Schobel does not retire he has Kelsay, Schobel, Maybin, Ellis, and Batten ahead of him. Since they are likely to keep 4 or 5 OLBs (and if Mitchell is on the team he can be a swing depth guy), Coleman faces a stiff battle.

To make Coleman's life worst he projects to the weak side. He is not overly strong (18 reps at 225), and has a long long way to go on his drops and zone play.

On his side though is that none of the other guys have done anything like that either. So in that regard he is even, but he still has to adjust to the speed, and style of the NFL. Where Maybin, and the rest all have to some degree.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2010, 09:00 PM
kelsay and batten are the solb right now,

maybin, ellis, and coleman are the wolb

PECKERWOOD
04-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Tweeting is just like text messaging, except a broader audience you can reach.

Oaf
04-29-2010, 10:05 PM
i compare kelsay to matt roth who played on run downs for the dolphins 2 years ago... im not counting on schobel... right now i have this depth chart as follows

maybin
kelsay
batten
ellis
coleman
That's about the way I see it too.

jamze132
04-30-2010, 07:14 AM
Mitchell can expect all he wants, but I expect Mitchell to be given his walking papers before camp breaks.

I doubt it will happen, but one can dream...

DraftBoy
04-30-2010, 07:37 AM
Mitchell can expect all he wants, but I expect Mitchell to be given his walking papers before camp breaks.

I doubt it will happen, but one can dream...

Amen, Kelsay too please.

TedMock
04-30-2010, 07:55 AM
In nfl.com Kelsay is listed as 261. He's already slow at that weight. Any more will make him even slower!

Wow! I actually thought he was 10-15 pounds more than that. Even more reason he doesn't fit.