X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Carrington a proud player and parent

When sifting through the written profiles of NFL draft choices, one often sees a list of various honors and awards, injury histories and statistics. One listing that is less common however, is parent. In addition to defensive end Bills third-round pick Alex Carrington also holds the title of father, and it’s a label he wears proudly.

• NOT THE DUDE...
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2010

Re: Carrington a proud player and parent

this guy was one of the best picks the bills have made in a long time! he has the ability to be a great run stuffing defender/bull rusher!

Comment

• DMBcrew36
      • Feb 2005

Hmm... I'd say 'what an idiot' for being so stupid as to allow yourself to get a girl pregnant so young... but...

most of these guys are so immature... having a kid might have forced him to grow up, and quick

Comment

• BillyT92679
        • Jul 2002

Instead of criticizing him for that how about acknowledging what a real man he is for taking care of his son and prioritizing. I'm sorry, but that post comes off as callous to me.
        Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• streetkings01
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by BillyT92679
          Instead of criticizing him for that how about acknowledging what a real man he is for taking care of his son and prioritizing. I'm sorry, but that post comes off as callous to me.
          Thats because we have idiots that live in la la land and if people dont conduct themselves like the Brady Bunch or Partridge Family then they have character issues, idiots or will be a problem!
          You can call me streetkings

Comment

• BuffaloBlakely14
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
            Hmm... I'd say 'what an idiot' for being so stupid as to allow yourself to get a girl pregnant so young... but...

most of these guys are so immature... having a kid might have forced him to grow up, and quick
            This is by far one of the stupidest posts I have read in a long time. You have no idea what the circumstances are or were. Do you really live in a world where only smart, extremely successful and righteous people get women pregnant after and only after they are married?

Comment

• TheBrownBear
              • Dec 2004

I wouldn't judge the guy. My parents had my sister when they were 18 and still in high school. They were dirt poor and my Dad supported the three of them making minimum wage in a factory. They both eventually ended up with advanced degrees, reached high level management positions in their industries, and made a very comfortable lifestyle for themselves in the process. Oh, and they raised a couple of good kids (I hope) too.

I thought the Carrington story was cute. Especially the part about his son liking the Bills because they were good on Madden. :)

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloBlakely14
                This is by far one of the stupidest posts I have read in a long time. You have no idea what the circumstances are or were. Do you really live in a world where only smart, extremely successful and righteous people get women pregnant after and only after they are married?
                His circumstances were... he laid out some girl and didn't use protection

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

his stepping up to the plate far outweighs his mistake of getting someone pregnant. Instead of thinking negatively about his mistake, you should concentrate on the positive.

He's a bigger man for taking responsibility for his action.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    his stepping up to the plate far outweighs his mistake of getting someone pregnant.

He's a bigger man for taking responsibility for his action.
                    But ofcourse

as I said ... having the kid likely forced him to grow up, quick
                    Last edited by DMBcrew36; 04-29-2010, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                      • Nov 2009

Ummm...that could have been any of us that got laid when we were in college. To put it like you did shows a lack of experience.

That being said, I am a parent and there really is no greater joy in the world. Sound cheesy? If it does, you don't have kids...or else you don't spend any time with them.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                        To put it like you did shows a lack of experience.
                        or that I'm not an idiot... just IMO... it's called priorities and birth control

to each his own
                        Last edited by DMBcrew36; 04-29-2010, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• alnilla
                          • Dec 2008

You can still get a girl knocked up when she is on a pill and you wrap you tool ya moron. Likewise you dont know the situation maybe it was planned YOU DONT KNOW its NONE of your business either way. The guy is gonna be a beast of a player and leave it at that.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by alnilla
                            You can still get a girl knocked up when she is on a pill and you wrap you tool ya moron. Likewise you dont know the situation maybe it was planned YOU DONT KNOW its NONE of your business either way. The guy is gonna be a beast of a player and leave it at that.
                            only if she forgets to take it 'moron'.. but no... i dont care/dont know, and none of it will matter if he turns out to be a great player
                            Last edited by DMBcrew36; 04-29-2010, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• BillsWin
                              man amongst boys
                              • Oct 2008

Thank you for sharing the story. It's nice to see a young man like Carrington take responsibility and be a father to the boy. And it seems like he's a good one.

I've said all along that Carrington and Easley were my two favorite picks because I think not only will they eventually start for the Bills, but I see them being reliable, stand up citizens for their tenure in Buffalo. I also see them as being pretty successful. Two good character guys and talented players.

Go Bills!
                              I am The Batman.

Comment

Working...
                              X